• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good place for light breakfast at MGM

Cailin'sMom

Mouseketeer
I was wondering where some of you may have gotten a light breakfast at MGM Studios. We may just eat at the resort, but I was wondering what my options are.

Also where is a good place for a light lunch.

We are planning to eat at Mama Melrose (possibly for FDP) and will be taking an early PS for DD sake.

Thanks.:wave:

Starring Rolls bakery may be good for a light bfast.

As for lunch, Sci-Fi could work, or you could do Toluca Legs turkey leg place. I think they serve other stuff, too, or there may be another place right nearby that is a counter-service type place.

You could probably pick up a danish or muffin & coffee at Starring Rolls Bakery. I like the Backlot Express for a quick lunch meal - for some reason this one never feels that crowded & I feel I can relax a bit more. But the street where ToT and RnR are can also be a good choice for a light meal, since they have several stands right next to each other with fruit, hot dogs, fries, turkey legs.

Do not, do not, do not go to Starring Rolls for breakfast! The way the place is now laid out is insane. There is one line to order food/beverages, another line for the cash registers and another line for the self serve pastry case. All in a space of not more than 10 sqare feet. Pack about 40 cranky people who haven't had their coffee yet in there and it is a recipe for disaster! All the lines tend to merge together, no one knows what to do or where to stand and there are all of two employees there to sort it all out.

Do yourselves a huge favor and eat at your resort.

Thanks. I think that it just might be easier to grab a quick bite at the resort. It sounds like most of the places in MGM to grab something would be crowded. Also sounds like it might all be danishes etc, and DD probably could do without the excess sugar first thing in the morning. We will probably just let her eat a bowl of cereal or something.

When we were there ABC Commissary had breakfast items in the morning, both lighter and more traditional fast food breakfast. We enjoyed it, but I agree, Starring Rolls has gotten way popular and crowded. I will never again wait 30 minutes for 2 muffins, 1 coffee and 2 milks!

Originally posted by ahutton
......... I will never again wait 30 minutes for 2 muffins, 1 coffee and 2 milks!

i don't blame you.......you could be riding!!!! :moped:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter