Golden Forest Rooms

Donalyn

DIS Veteran
So, there is breakfast, a hotel fastpass/day. What else?

Basically - do people think that it is worth it?

My understaning it the lounge has beverages and snacks various times of day.

Whether its worth it depends on how much more expensive the room is compared to a normal room.

Often you get get a Golden Forest room cheaper than a normal room at somewhere like Newport Bay which often makes it worth it as you get the breakfast included as well as the other benefits for a similar standard of hotel

The room is also guaranteed to be in the main building which is a significant plus in my opinion. You get dedicated check in and support too, great if it's busy when you arrive.
The lounge is open all day with drinks available, and the afternoon snacks are served at a specific time.
We stayed golden forest in January and felt that it was fantastic what we got for the money. Would definitely recommend over standard room at Newport bay (which we did last year)

The room is also guaranteed to be in the main building which is a significant plus in my opinion. You get dedicated check in and support too, great if it's busy when you arrive.
The lounge is open all day with drinks available, and the afternoon snacks are served at a specific time.
We stayed golden forest in January and felt that it was fantastic what we got for the money. Would definitely recommend over standard room at Newport bay (which we did last year)

I agree about the room location.

The fact that it will be in the main building was one of the main reasons for me to book it. We would likely have breakfast and take some bottled water most days, as well as utilize the fastpass. With most of the club rooms we've had in the past, it's always been about the room and it's location. The extras are added bonus. But I'll admit that it's the extras that would likely convince someone to book.

Some other quick questions:
-Afternoon snack: is it the same food selection every day or do they change up some of the desserts?
-When do you have access to the Golden Forest Lounge? So I am spending one night in Val d'Europe before heading over in the morning to check into Sequoia Lodge, picking up tickets, and going into the park. Will I be able to go into the lounge to grab a bottle of water (no need for breakfast, as it's included in my previous hotel)? And check-out day, if I am still there in the afternoon, can I come back for afternoon snack?

You can also get a room in the main building without booking Golden forrest. The rooms are the same, only on lower floors (but we love Golden forrest for the breakfast alone, and that was when the breakfast was still included!)

But I was under the impression that there is no guarantee that you will be in the main building if not booked in Golden Forest. Also, we want the higher floors.

It's similar to why we book club rooms at Universal Orlando resorts. This is the only way we can guarantee non-pet rooms.

Don't get me wrong, we will, definitely, utilize the club for breakfast and the fastpass, but it wasn't our reason for booking it. Although I will admit the fastpass was enticing.

You can get the guarantee you're in the main building, without Golden Forrest, obviously it's a bit more expensive (but obviously less expensive then the Golden Forrest), you book a Montana room, it's always in the main building (I don't mind you booking Golden Forrest, as I said, I loved it, I just don't want people to be misinformed when they decide if they want a Golden Forest room or not)

I agree about making sure everyone is informed and that's why I wrote the highlighted section on my post:
I agree about the room location.

The fact that it will be in the main building was one of the main reasons for me to book it. We would likely have breakfast and take some bottled water most days, as well as utilize the fastpass. With most of the club rooms we've had in the past, it's always been about the room and it's location. The extras are added bonus. But I'll admit that it's the extras that would likely convince someone to book.

This post was an agreement to the previous post about location being a significant plus. And I just wanted to mention that it was not only a plus for us, but one of the main reasons.

I hope my posts didn't take away from the features of the Golden Forest. That was not my intention. When the OP asked about the worthiness of booking the Golden Forest, I wanted to agree with a poster that the location was indeed worth it for us.

I understand that booking the Montana room would get us the main building, but a higher floor is more likely with the Golden Forest room. I should have been more clear about that. What I meant by location is the main building and higher floor. We do not want to be on the first/main floor.

But, as I mentioned, although the location is enough for us to consider it worth it, I'm sure others would include the Club features such a breakfast, snacks, fastpass, lounge and separate check in area as part of their decision to book or not.

OP here - we decided to go with the Golden Forest rooms. After years of thinking about at trip to DLP, but not being able to go for different reasons (a broken foot, an unexpected move, etc.), we pulled the trigger and booked for June 2019, following our first ABD trip to Italy. So excited! Can't wait to see Disney through the lens of a different culture, to introduce my DDs to Europe for the first time and to start working on visiting all of the international Disney parks!

Sure I will have lots more questions as we get closer, but for now - just so excited to have this trip on the calendar. (And here's to hoping that nothing gets in the way of this 50th birthday trip for my DH.) As always, thanks for your help!

OP here - we decided to go with the Golden Forest rooms. After years of thinking about at trip to DLP, but not being able to go for different reasons (a broken foot, an unexpected move, etc.), we pulled the trigger and booked for June 2019, following our first ABD trip to Italy. So excited! Can't wait to see Disney through the lens of a different culture, to introduce my DDs to Europe for the first time and to start working on visiting all of the international Disney parks!

Sure I will have lots more questions as we get closer, but for now - just so excited to have this trip on the calendar. (And here's to hoping that nothing gets in the way of this 50th birthday trip for my DH.) As always, thanks for your help!

That's great!

I would love to hear about it when you get back. We're not going until August. We're spending 4 days there before our DCL Norway/Iceland cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter