Gold Mobility Rental

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All- Looking to rent a last-minute scooter due to a new foot injury. Thanks for all the feedback on this thread! Just curious, which type of scooter did you use from GMS? They have 4 different ones on their webpage and I’m looking for the best option for a new scooter driver (never used one before, so looking for easy maneuverability but sturdy). Thanks!

Hi All- Looking to rent a last-minute scooter due to a new foot injury. Thanks for all the feedback on this thread! Just curious, which type of scooter did you use from GMS? They have 4 different ones on their webpage and I’m looking for the best option for a new scooter driver (never used one before, so looking for easy maneuverability but sturdy). Thanks!

We rented the Pride Go-Go Sport 4-wheel scooter. I called and talked to Nick when I was researching and we decided that would be the best one for our needs. It is smaller than the larger units, but it also easier to take apart and put into the trunk. We had rented a minivan and it easily fit in the back. The battery gauge never dropped and we did a lot of travelling on our days in the park. We did charge it ever night. What was nice was we could leave the scooter in the car and just bring in the battery alone to charge it. The three wheels units have a tighter turning circle than the 4 wheel ones, but I just thought it would a little more stable for someone not used to driving one around in big crowds. If you have any questions give them a call. They are so helpful and will help you make the right choice without trying to up-sell you.

Just got back from my trip to WDW. I used GMS this time for my scooter rental rather than BV (who I've used twice in the past). I was extremely pleased with their service. Nick and Vick were great! Nick did the introduction and demonstration of the scooter. Vick picked up the scooter (Nick was going on vacation). We coordinated everything via text and it was really convenient.

My additional accessory was a cane holder. I got the Victory 10 3-wheeled model. It was highly maneuverable and made it easy for me to park on the buses quickly. It kept the charge all day long. I'm pooh-sized so I was concerned about how well it would do. It would lag a little going up hills, but that was easily resolved by increasing the power to more rabbit-mode. I did not try to break the scooter down as I had planned on using Disney transport. I got several questions about the scooter from other guests and told them how pleased I was. The undercarriage lighting seemed to help a lot at night.

When I met Vick to return the scooter, I mentioned to him my only complaint. The LED lights that indicate the battery life were REALLY bright. I had gotten a piece of tape from the front desk and folded up a piece of note paper to cover it up. Vick said that they were going to be updating their fleet in the next 9 weeks and that the new ones had a dimmer switch.

I'm going back in September and will definitely be using GMS again! :moped:

I forgot about how bright the LED lights were on the battery gauge. The're pretty bright. My wife put her Minnie baseball cap over it at night so it glowed from within. The dimmer switch will be a good improvement.

I usually use Apple but we are going for 9 nights and it would be about $255 or so from apple and it looks like only $200 for GMS. I like the idea of the undercarriage lighting. I'm seriously thinking about making a reservation for my time when we go at Thanksgiving. Also as to the LED lights on the battery gage, I have always had that problem but would buy a key chain from Disney that was big and had the wristband so that i could just put the key on it and then put the wristband on my wrist when I left the scooter. Some days I wasn't wearing pockets or had my purse. When I did this i'd put the picture (key chain) between the nobs and black out the lights lol.

I have undercarriage lighting that I installed on my personal mobility device, and I was *stunned* the first time we were at WDW at what a difference it makes at night. I have less trouble at night with people walking "into" me - and it really can help light the way.

I also have headlights and taillights, and I make sure to keep those aimed at the ground to not shine into the eyes of the little stroller nuggets. They sit closest to the hot asphalt at WDW, can't see a thing most of the time, and probably can't even hear their parents voices over all the commotion. The last thing they need is someone shining ECV headlights into their eyes.

My undercarriage lighting changes colors, so I am my own Main Street Electrical Parade everywhere I go! :)

I have undercarriage lighting that I installed on my personal mobility device, and I was *stunned* the first time we were at WDW at what a difference it makes at night. I have less trouble at night with people walking "into" me - and it really can help light the way.

I also have headlights and taillights, and I make sure to keep those aimed at the ground to not shine into the eyes of the little stroller nuggets. They sit closest to the hot asphalt at WDW, can't see a thing most of the time, and probably can't even hear their parents voices over all the commotion. The last thing they need is someone shining ECV headlights into their eyes.

My undercarriage lighting changes colors, so I am my own Main Street Electrical Parade everywhere I go! :)

My undercarriage lighting changes colors, so I am my own Main Street Electrical Parade everywhere I go!
That is exactly how I felt & that was with just the white lights! It certainly helped other people see me though.

Just got back from my trip to WDW. I used GMS this time for my scooter rental rather than BV (who I've used twice in the past). I was extremely pleased with their service. Nick and Vick were great! Nick did the introduction and demonstration of the scooter. Vick picked up the scooter (Nick was going on vacation). We coordinated everything via text and it was really convenient.

My additional accessory was a cane holder. I got the Victory 10 3-wheeled model. It was highly maneuverable and made it easy for me to park on the buses quickly. It kept the charge all day long. I'm pooh-sized so I was concerned about how well it would do. It would lag a little going up hills, but that was easily resolved by increasing the power to more rabbit-mode. I did not try to break the scooter down as I had planned on using Disney transport. I got several questions about the scooter from other guests and told them how pleased I was. The undercarriage lighting seemed to help a lot at night.

When I met Vick to return the scooter, I mentioned to him my only complaint. The LED lights that indicate the battery life were REALLY bright. I had gotten a piece of tape from the front desk and folded up a piece of note paper to cover it up. Vick said that they were going to be updating their fleet in the next 9 weeks and that the new ones had a dimmer switch.

I'm going back in September and will definitely be using GMS again! :moped:

I'm very glad that y'all had a good experience. It's nice when your only complaint is that they gave you too much of something! I agree though, that battery light was very bright!

Omg I forgot about the undercarriage lighting. That was truly helpful, especially in AK at night.

My daughter kept calling my husband "Captain Underglow" :P

Haha!!! Yes that undercarriage lighting was so helpful. We got comments about it as well. Made it easier to drive in the dark park.

Well, based on the reviews, we just booked them for our January trip. We can't beat the prices either and so far they seem to be all that you guys have said.

Omg I forgot about the undercarriage lighting. That was truly helpful, especially in AK at night.

My daughter kept calling my husband "Captain Underglow" :P

I *literally* just LOL'd at this, and my family was all like "WHAT IS SO FUNNY ON THE DIS TONIGHT?" And now *my* husband has a new nickname as well LOL

Okay, so based on everyone's reviews I changed my reservation from Walker to them. I just spoke with them on the phone and they were so nice!! I'm also going to be saving almost $100 over the rental I had planned. Always a bonus!! And the free rear basket is a plus.

Just a question for others. Is the basket removable? I'm just curious how it works on the Disney transportation.

Okay, so based on everyone's reviews I changed my reservation from Walker to them. I just spoke with them on the phone and they were so nice!! I'm also going to be saving almost $100 over the rental I had planned. Always a bonus!! And the free rear basket is a plus.

Just a question for others. Is the basket removable? I'm just curious how it works on the Disney transportation.

We had the basket on our ECV. It is definitely removable. It slides into the back of the scooter and there is a pin to hold it in. We took it off every time we broke the scooter down to put it into the mini-van I rented. We did take the scooter, with the basket attached, onto the Disney buses as well, and had no problem with it at all. We were prepared to take the basket off, but there was no need. It fit fine on the bus.

Is the "tiller" (the part you push to drive the scooter) similar to the ones on the BV scooters?

Thank you so much this information, it made my scooter rental decision so much easier. I was referred by someone in another thread I started this morning looking for a solution for my parents visit. Everyone seems to have had a great experience with GMS. I hope we do too! Their reviews were spotless also. I took a shot. I called, and I reserved 2 Victory 10 3 wheel scooters (bigger ones) for the first two weeks of August. We are staying at Fort Wilderness Cabins the first week, and Polynesian the second week. Their scooters came with two accessories that I needed for my dad, a built in fan and a sun canopy. My dad has issues with heat. The price was half of what one of featured list companies were for the exact match 14 day rental with the accessories and insurance. The catch is they need to meet you in person, because they are not on the featured list. They said they can come anytime you need your scooter delivery or pickup day or night. I personally think that is better in our circumstances because my parents are not familiar with using scooters. They seemed really nice on the phone, and helpful answering lots of questions. I'm new to dis boards, and everyone seems so helpful here! :)

Thank you so much this information, it made my scooter rental decision so much easier. I was referred by someone in another thread I started this morning looking for a solution for my parents visit. Everyone seems to have had a great experience with GMS. I hope we do too! Their reviews were spotless also. I took a shot. I called, and I reserved 2 Victory 10 3 wheel scooters (bigger ones) for the first two weeks of August. We are staying at Fort Wilderness Cabins the first week, and Polynesian the second week. Their scooters came with two accessories that I needed for my dad, a built in fan and a sun canopy. My dad has issues with heat. The price was half of what one of featured list companies were for the exact match 14 day rental with the accessories and insurance. The catch is they need to meet you in person, because they are not on the featured list. They said they can come anytime you need your scooter delivery or pickup day or night. I personally think that is better in our circumstances because my parents are not familiar with using scooters. They seemed really nice on the phone, and helpful answering lots of questions. I'm new to dis boards, and everyone seems so helpful here! :)
They told me that I could call them when I'm on the Magical Express and let them know about what time I would be arriving at the hotel. That they would be there to meet me when I got there. They seem super friendly and I received a packet in the mail from them with park maps and even a food and wine festival guide since I will be there during that time. So far the service I've gotten from them is outstanding.

AngelaMouse1991 & CatNipRules, I don't think either of you will be disappointed, y'all are in good hands. Enjoy you trips!

I'm thinking that Gold Mobility looks like a worthwhile company to do business with.
I have some questions for anyone experienced in ECV use at WDW.
I'm still recovering from joint and nerve damage courtesy of a bout with Sepsis last year.
Short distances with a cane are doable but the trek around the parks all day looks like a no go situation.
I will primarily need an ECV to get from point A to point B.
If I rent an ECV it'll be my first time. (I'm an ECV virgin :o)
Are there places at the attractions to park ECV's while on a ride or in a theater?
Same question for the restaurants and other snack locations like Karamell-Kuche and Les Halles Boulangeris-Patisserie?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter