GLTB Cruising

mickeyfan1

<font color=purple>Come and let me show you my tat
Atlantis Events to sail gay charter on Freedom of the Seas (04/12/2006)

Atlantis Events has chartered Royal Caribbean’s Freedom of the Seas, the world’s largest cruise ship, for an all-gay cruise to the Caribbean in January 2007.

The charter will be the first for the Freedom of the Seas, which holds up to 3,700 guests.

“Atlantis is very proud to be able to partner with Royal Caribbean to bring the excitement of the largest ship in the world to our gay and lesbian guests,” said Rich Campbell, CEO of Atlantis Events, in a statement.

The announcement came just days after RSVP Vacations announced that it had chartered the world’s second largest ship, the Queen Mary 2, for a gay and lesbian transatlantic cruise, set to depart in May 2007.

Looks like these could be a lot of fun.

Double darn! :sad2:

We're already booked for Freedom of the Seas - but two months later, March 4! It will be the first cruise for all four of us.

I love cruising, but I don't know how I feel about a GLTB cruise, unless it's an Oliva cruise, all I can envision is a bunch of men. Any truth to that statement?

There is a group, called womynfest at sea who does 1 cruise a year. They haven't had the numbers to get the whole ship (as there have only been 2 sailings so far) but in the first year it was about 1/4 of the ship (on Carnival) and this year a little over 1/2 of the ship. It was a blast, and at less than 1/2 the price of Oliva. I saw no problems at all either year, and there was also a Christian group (sorry forgot who they were) aboard this year and it was fine.
They provide entertainment (music, comedy, workshops) aside from the regular ship activities that are only open to people in the group. Their next cruise is June 07 to Alaska on a Holland American ship. I'd recommend them (only, of course, if you're not spending your cruise dollars on DCL).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter