Gilmore Girls ...

I finished watching last night and I can honestly say that I didn't care for 99% of all of the show(s). I agree that it was an appropriate ending for Lorelai and Luke and I like how Emily evolved. As for the rest, no thanks. It felt forced and awkward, and Rory was just annoying. Toward the end of season 7 I had grown tired of her and hoped that in the revival she might have grown some but was disappointed to see that she hadn't.

I loved every second of it, it was perfect. It was not at all what I would have dreamed for these characters, but somehow perfect all the same.

Thinking about the musical... LG is the only person who thinks it's bad. She's also the only one who thinks the new song is good. Is the point that sometimes our reality/perspective just totally different than everyone else?
That's part of what I loved about the inclusion of the musical -- how Lorelai saw it all so differently from everyone else.

Yes yes yes to all of this!!

I actually loved Winter as well ( have already rewatched that one). Spring was ok but kind of forgetable. Summer....ugh....except for Sutton Foster (LOVE her) I really disliked that episode, except for maybe the last 30 minutes of it. LOVED FALL. Will definitely rewatch that one as well.

Interesting to note -- Winter & Fall were the ones written and directed by Amy. Daniel Palladino did Spring & Summer

I must be in the minority on here because I loved every episode. I felt like Winter was a bit forced at the beginning, but it picked up. I have always been Team Logan, and I still am. I thought the way they were showing their relationship was great. It was real, awful that they were cheating, but real. I don't think Logan was using her, he loves her, he wants to be with her, but Rory isn't prepared for that, so he will take what he can get. She loves him but can't commit is my opinion. I am now glad that ASP didn't write the last episode in 2007, because that would have been way to early for them. I don't think that Rory thinks of Jess in a romantic way at all, he obviously still has a thing for her. I really hope for another season.

I loved Lorelai and Emily's arcs, they both went through a hard time and evolved.

Enjoyed it, but it wasn't a grand slam. Great to spend time with Emily again, although not entirely satisfied with her storyline/future. Wanted a lot more Lane and a better outcome -- although she's done a lot more than Rory has with an awful lot less than Rory has been handed.

I guess Rory must have been editor of the Yale Daily News in season seven, because that's the only reason I can see that experience being conspicuously absent from her CV credentials in several mentions.

Loved the musical, loathed the pool scenes -- particularly the repeated and conspicuous fat jokes/fat shaming that stuck out like a sore thumb in the tone of the series over all seasons.

Totally agree with everyone about Rory. I think part of the problem is Alexis Bledel isn't the best actress in the world. She is lovely but the dialogue was almost always way too smart and snappy for her skill set. Overall I think it is a nice continuation. I hated the pool scenes too.

Totally agree with everyone about Rory. I think part of the problem is Alexis Bledel isn't the best actress in the world. She is lovely but the dialogue was almost always way too smart and snappy for her skill set. Overall I think it is a nice continuation. I hated the pool scenes too.

I didn't think she did any worse in the revival than she did in the original seasons. When she started the show, I don't think she had any acting experience. I want to say she was modeling at the time?

I agree she isn't any worse in the revival. She just isn't any better, IMO.

I watched it all over the weekend and I'm glad it was written and done but overall I have to say I was disappointed. It was fun seeing the old crew again but I just cannot believe that Rory's character was such a mess. She was so driven during the last season when she said no to Logan's proposal. It seems unrealistic that 10 years passed and she didn't continue her education or really have much to show for her writing other than one New Yorker article???

To the previous poster who said they didn't like that Logan was still using Rory..... sorry but she was as equal at least in using him. She was flying to London not the other way around. And speaking of that, how did she continue to fly back and forth without any income? Am I supposed to know that she is getting money from a trust account or something?

I was pleased with Lorelei & Luke but that was about it.

I was telling my husband about the show and what I felt disappointed about and he said he thinks that is why the Friends writers/creators never pushed a Friends reunion. I think I'd rather remember them as young, hip, funny 30 somethings.

I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone who's even seen Rory or knows Alexis' acting would even consider a tango scene, let alone get to the point of filming it.

I just cannot believe that Rory's character was such a mess. She was so driven during the last season when she said no to Logan's proposal. It seems unrealistic that 10 years passed and she didn't continue her education or really have much to show for her writing other than one New Yorker article???

Exactly!

To the previous poster who said they didn't like that Logan was still using Rory..... sorry but she was as equal at least in using him. She was flying to London not the other way around.

Please don't apologize! It's definitely open for discussion, and I see your point about Rory being just as guilty. I just kind of feel like he's always had more power in that relationship, so that's probably why I worry more about her. - I got the impression she was pretending to be OK with the "arrangement" but really wasn't.

I was telling my husband about the show and what I felt disappointed about and he said he thinks that is why the Friends writers/creators never pushed a Friends reunion. I think I'd rather remember them as young, hip, funny 30 somethings.

Yeah.

It was fun seeing the old crew again but I just cannot believe that Rory's character was such a mess. She was so driven during the last season when she said no to Logan's proposal..

Keep in mind, Amy Sherman-Palladino never watched the last season. So I was kind of expecting it to not pick up with some of the plot points mentioned there. I love Rory, I think she's a great character, but I also think she *was* a bit of a mess. She was bright and driven, but also easily distracted by guys (at least, until the end ASP didn't write). If Paris had ended up where Rory was, I'd be shocked -- but for Rory, while it's not what I hoped for, I think it was realistic. And that the show did such a lovely job of showing how 30 somethings are really struggling, even when they made conventionally good choices.

Last edited:
Please don't apologize! It's definitely open for discussion, and I see your point about Rory being just as guilty. I just kind of feel like he's always had more power in that relationship, so that's probably why I worry more about her. - I got the impression she was pretending to be OK with the "arrangement" but really wasn't.

I do agree he has always had more power in the relationship. But I also think they are both pretending. I don't think Logan is much happier with the situation than Rory is, but he's not strong enough to stand up to his father. So, he accepts their arrangement but I'm not sure he's really that okay with it either.

I loved the new episodes. As most others have said, Fall was my favorite, with Winter in second.

My favorite part of all was the Lorelai/Luke wedding scene. It is what I waited 9 years for. I know the series ended with the assumption they were going to be together, but I felt cheated that we never got to see a wedding. So I am so happy that we finally got it. :lovestruc I also loved Luke's rant/speech after Lorelai got back from her "hiking." Everything he said was so spot-on and perfectly captured the ups and downs of the relationship and what we as fans have felt all along. It could not have been better, in my opinion.

I don't really have a lot to say about Rory. I'm not completely disappointed in the ending, but the way her character was played out was not really what I expected. Especially her relationship with Logan.

Emily's storyline was well done and I feel like everything with Richard's death was a beautiful tribute to Edward Herrmann.

Last edited:
I thought of another thing:

Why did Rory choose to tell Lorelai right then? Why spoil such an important day? I'm pretty sure Rory already knew when she was talking to Christopher, so what's a couple more days?

I can't imagine Lorelai being happy about this at first. All the sacrifices she made to raise Rory not to make the same mistakes she did, and now this? It's all she's going to be able to think about.
Totally agree! Not great timing at all.

"I'm agent jack Bauer. My wife and my mistress have the same hair and the same face". This is why I love this show. It's so fast paced and funny. Yes the rory Logan thing pissed me off but the rest of the story was good.

In regards to the Rory being a mess - I agree. I think she was the type that did well in the classroom but that doesn't always translate to doing well IRL. Outside of school she never seemed to do much extraordinary. Never had a job that wasn't handed to her and rarely worked at all. One thing that always bothered me about Rory was how she never seem to have any responsibilities outside of school (and Friday suppers) - never see her doing chores, helping out at her Mom's new business, making dinner, holding down a part time or summer job. Just flitted around with married men and visiting Europe.

In regards to the Rory being a mess - I agree. I think she was the type that did well in the classroom but that doesn't always translate to doing well IRL. Outside of school she never seemed to do much extraordinary. Never had a job that wasn't handed to her and rarely worked at all. One thing that always bothered me about Rory was how she never seem to have any responsibilities outside of school (and Friday suppers) - never see her doing chores, helping out at her Mom's new business, making dinner, holding down a part time or summer job. Just flitted around with married men and visiting Europe.

There are kids that never do some of those things. Maybe that's why she never accomplished all that much. This whole Stacy Says thing was kind of Rory's career in a nutshell. Rory looked great onpaper. Stacy was desperate to get her to join her team and then they meet up in person and she didn't really dazzle the way Stacy might have expected. And Rory has always had people hand her every thing and tell her how fabulous she is. She didn't even realize the interview wasn't going well.

I think the biggest bummer for me was that I used to really like Rory and as the original seasons went by I started to like her less and less. This revival sealed the deal of making her an unlikeable character for me.

Rory did help her mom at the Independence Inn, it was mentioned in season 1. She also had the job at the bookstore in Stars Hollow one summer, and she had the card swiping job at Yale. Those were all basically handed to her too...but she did have a part time job for most of the seasons I can think of. Also, to be fair, I dont think a lot of cooking was done in the Gilmore house...thats what Luke's was for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter