George Transportation

Disney Addicted

DIS Veteran
Between our last trip in Florida (2019) and this trip (Sept 16-24), I discovered Tony Hinds retired. I explored different options but ultimately decided to go with Uber.

When we arrived at the Uber pick-up area at MCO, I was about to book an Uber when this guy (George!) walked up asking if we needed a ride. An Uber was going to cost us $55 (this was around 7:30 pm); there were 4 of us (3 overweight); 4 carry-on suitcases + 2 backpacks + 1 tote and a big purse. He had a mini van (Toyota Sienna) with 7 seats - roomy!! All the luggage fit in the back neatly and we had lots of room instead of being crowded together. He charged $69 and we tipped on top.

George showed me his contact information and I took a snapshot with my phone so I could call him for a return trip. Two days before our depature, I texted asking if he could pick us up Tuesday morning at 8 AM. He responded quickly; confirmed the night before; texed when he was on his way in the morning; and arrived on time. I couldn't remember the make of his van or the color so he texted me a photo of it. And he recognized me when I came outside to see if I could locate his van. Same price for the way back to MCO.

George is very nice and has a clean and roomy mini van. If anyone wants a larger vehicle than an Uber car, I recommend giving him a call.

20240916_195644.jpg

You got very lucky. In general you should NEVER accept a ride from someone randomly approaching you at the airport. You have no way of knowing anything about their driving record since no one has vetted them. Any Joe Shmoe with a car can just walk up and say they'll sell you a ride but you're taking your chances. They could have multiple wrecks and/or moving violations on their driving record. Not who I'd want to be in a car with.

With a taxi or an Uber (if you need a large vehicle you can request UberXL) or a professional company you have contracted with, the drivers have been vetted.

I'm glad it worked out for you, but that is really a risky way to do it.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest