Gas Budget

This was a full size van, yeah? What was the fuel capacity on it?

Yes, full-size van with 2 seats in the front, 2 seats in the middle, 1 row in the back which seats 3 plus the "trunk" space in the back. Two side sliding doors.

Sorry, I don't quite understand. Do you mean the gas tank size? Or the fuel consumption? (ie, city versus highway). Or how many KM it should be able to go on a full tank? It's my Dad's van so I will have to ask him. But let me know know what I should be asking. I feel dumb now. LOL

Yes, full-size van with 2 seats in the front, 2 seats in the middle, 1 row in the back which seats 3 plus the "trunk" space in the back. Two side sliding doors.

Sorry, I don't quite understand. Do you mean the gas tank size? Or the fuel consumption? (ie, city versus highway). Or how many KM it should be able to go on a full tank? It's my Dad's van so I will have to ask him. But let me know know what I should be asking. I feel dumb now. LOL
My bad. I meant tank size.

I talked to Dad last night. He does not recall the fuel tank size, sorry. He did say that when the tank is full he can usually drive almost 900 KM on it.

OK, gotcha. It's probably a double sized tank, so around 100L.

Basically I was looking at your cost per fill up, which seemed high, so I was having trouble reconciling that. But I remembered that passenger vans have large fuel tanks, so now that computes.

Thanks!

None of those fill-ups were from empty either. My Dad filled up most of the time we stopped. The tank could be half-full, a quarter, or even three-quarters and he would add gas.

He made a comment that with today's prices it costs him about $100 CAN to completely fill the tank from almost empty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter