Garden Grocer - fees?

hswillia07

DIS Veteran
Hi there! Sorry if this is in the wrong spot. If I order from garden grocer and have delivered to AoA, is there a fee per day or just a one base delivery fee? Thanks so much!

There is a delivery fee per delivery. So if you have them deliver everything one time, one fee. If you schedule multiple deliveries there will be multiple fees.

Order all at once - fee totally worth it!! And the bell service will deliver it to your room once you call. You have to be in your room. Our order was perfect & sooooo useful! Will totally do it again!

Multiple orders = multiple fees. It's $14 unless you spend $200+ then it's only $2. But if you order and want it delivered the same day then it's $30, or next day it's $20.. If you order prior to your trip they offer discounts off the total order. 15 days before your arrival = 5%, 30 days before your arrival = 7%, and 60 days before your arrival = 10%. And those discounts apply to your order automatically. I also like that you can add on optional gratuity to your order so you don't have to be there when you pick up and hand the delivery driver a tip if you choose to do so.

I did GG for my honeymoon in Sept and didn't have a single complaint. We're doing it again for next month.

Has anyone used it since disney added the $5 per package fee? how does that tie into?

it doesn't. The package fee is for stuff mailed like amazon. Items that go through the central mail system. Garden Grocer delivers to bell services. So no fee applies

Just to be clear, if I mailed a package to my resort (BRV) I would get charged $5? I thought about using Amazon Pantry but others have mentioned receiving messages that some items weren't available - I don't want to be in that predicament.

$14?! Why wouldnt you just use Instacart?
From what I've read they don't have alcohol. Which is my main reason for using GG. Plus I always spend at least $200 so it's only $2 for delivery.

ETA
I see they do have beer. I'll have to look and see what the difference is between the two.

Just to be clear, if I mailed a package to my resort (BRV) I would get charged $5? I thought about using Amazon Pantry but others have mentioned receiving messages that some items weren't available - I don't want to be in that predicament.
I would expect to be charged the fee.

Can I piggy-back a stupid question?

I've never done Garden Grocer before - mainly because it's been super short trips for Marathon Weekend and the like. But for my August 8-night stay, I investigated and am thinking I may do it this time for snacks and breakfast stuff if nothing else.

Now for the stupid question... Do they charge you when you order? Or when it's delivered?

And what happens if they stop carrying something you ordered?

From what I've read they don't have alcohol. Which is my main reason for using GG. Plus I always spend at least $200 so it's only $2 for delivery.

ETA
I see they do have beer. I'll have to look and see what the difference is between the two.
Also thinking about using GG for our November trip primarily to order some alcohol. My understanding is that I do NOT have to meet them when they deliver the order but they will leave it with bellhop, even if I order alcohol. Is that correct? And Instacart does require you to be present if they deliver alcohol? I'd rather pay a few dollars extra for GG for the convenience of not having to take time out of my vacation waiting around for a delivery service.

Also thinking about using GG for our November trip primarily to order some alcohol. My understanding is that I do NOT have to meet them when they deliver the order but they will leave it with bellhop, even if I order alcohol. Is that correct? And Instacart does require you to be present if they deliver alcohol? I'd rather pay a few dollars extra for GG for the convenience of not having to take time out of my vacation waiting around for a delivery service.
No idea about instacart but GG will deliver alcohol (they don't sell hard liquor just beer/wine) to bell services but in order to do so you must send them a picture of your driver's license to verify you are 21.

Yes, I just looked and you do have to meet them. I'll probably stick with GG for that reason.

Can I piggy-back a stupid question?

I've never done Garden Grocer before - mainly because it's been super short trips for Marathon Weekend and the like. But for my August 8-night stay, I investigated and am thinking I may do it this time for snacks and breakfast stuff if nothing else.

Now for the stupid question... Do they charge you when you order? Or when it's delivered?

And what happens if they stop carrying something you ordered?
They charge you when the order is placed. As mentioned above, the earlier you place your order, the larger the discount you will receive. I have never had an item "dropped" from an order. They are quite good with contact, so I would bet they would contact you directly if an ordered item were no longer available.

They charge you when the order is placed. As mentioned above, the earlier you place your order, the larger the discount you will receive. I have never had an item "dropped" from an order. They are quite good with contact, so I would bet they would contact you directly if an ordered item were no longer available.

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter