Funny Things that Cdns say/do at Disney that make Americans go 'huh?'

Haven't shopped in the right stores. We buy it because my wife and son are allergic to Neosporin.
Went to CVS? Had to ask pharmacy because I didn’t see the polysporin eye drops or ophthalmic ointment on shelf. My daughter has a tendency to get pink eye in Florida. Maybe pools? Now we pack it.
Pharmacist said it’s only by Rx

Went to CVS? Had to ask pharmacy because I didn’t see the polysporin eye drops or ophthalmic ointment on shelf. My daughter has a tendency to get pink eye in Florida. Maybe pools? Now we pack it.
Pharmacist said it’s only by Rx

OK I see the issue. To me Polysporin is only an antibiotic creme or ointment. In Canada you guys must be able to buy it as an eye drop over the counter.

Down here any antibiotic thats not a first aid type topical cream is a prescription. Particularly when dealing with pink eye, thats going to require a Dr visit.

Last edited:
OK I see the issue. To me Polysporin is only an antibiotic creme or ointment. In Canada you guys must be able to buy it as an eye drop over the counter.

Down here any antibiotic thats not a first aid type cream is a prescription. Particularly when dealing with pink eye, thats going to require a Dr visit.
Yes, we have ophthalmic drops or ointment over the counter for Polysporin. I think a new one just came out that says Pink Eye. Don’t know if it’s new formulation or just re-named old one.

Yes, we have ophthalmic drops or ointment over the counter for Polysporin. I think a new one just came out that says Pink Eye. Don’t know if it’s new formulation or just re-named old one.

Well this is what I found. $60.

A50A5C24-EC4D-40ED-932C-6968B43F83F8.jpeg

:scared1::scared1: Yikes $60.00. That’s the one alright but I don’t think it’s $60 here. I’ll have to go look now at the drugstore while I’m at the mall tomorrow.
Real Canadian Superstore in Ontario has it listed on line for $14.97. You're safe.

Wow! I wouldn't buy from there, for sure!

:scared1::scared1: Yikes $60.00. That’s the one alright but I don’t think it’s $60 here. I’ll have to go look now at the drugstore while I’m at the mall tomorrow.

Real Canadian Superstore in Ontario has it listed on line for $14.97. You're safe.

I just looked up prices here, and it’s $15-$17 at drugstores. In CAD, which in USD would be about 30% less!

Funny, I just looked up and saw Stupid Store here in BC has it for a Loonie more. Lol.

Yea I'm looking at that price and know with my insurance plan I would probably have a $3-4 co pay if there was a generic. So even factoring in my Dr appt co pay its half the price.

When you guys pull up the website does it also say $60 for you? Wondering if it knows I'm in the US and is charging me some sort of import duty. But in reality they probably wouldn't sell it to me since its probably illegal.

I sometimes find prices like this online and just wonder how they get this price since its multiples times higher than at other places.

Yea I'm looking at that price and know with my insurance plan I would probably have a $3-4 co pay if there was a generic. So even factoring in my Dr appt co pay its half the price.

When you guys pull up the website does it also say $60 for you? Wondering if it knows I'm in the US and is charging me some sort of import duty. But in reality they probably wouldn't sell it to me since its probably illegal.

I sometimes find prices like this online and just wonder how they get this price since its multiples times higher than at other places.
I tried it. It does say $60. Also, if you go to the bottom and click the US flag, you can change to a Cdn flag. Then it comes up in CAD - $72.00!!! No way I'd buy from there. They must be located in the US, so they can charge that premium.

I tried it. It does say $60. Also, if you go to the bottom and click the US flag, you can change to a Cdn flag. Then it comes up in CAD - $72.00!!! No way I'd buy from there. They must be located in the US, so they can charge that premium.

It says shipped from Canada (for free for me in the US) but I can't put my finger on what kind of online store this is.

ETA: Ok Its a Canadian eBay (?). Found this.

Welcome to the best place to sell online.
Did you know 50,000 sellers voted Bonanza “Best Overall Marketplace” over eBay, Amazon, and Etsy?

Last edited:
If you look at other things that selller has, it's all hugely expensive. It's almost as if it's bulk buying, but I can't see that being the case. For example:

Who's going to pay these prices for Five Alive or Crush?
upload_2018-2-22_10-5-56.png

Who's going to pay these prices for Five Alive or Crush?

People who live in the remote north where all their necessities are flown or trucked in will pay a premium...but I don't think that much. But the prices they pay are RIDICULOUS!!! We used to live in the NWT...and we paid more for everything. I know that in the remote places of the north they will pay 20-30 dollars for a 4L jug of milk. That is not unheard of there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter