Fun Christmas Idea For Those With Cats

ArielRae

DIS Veteran (NJ)
Wanted to share something I came up with after seeing my cat sleep under our Christmas tree year after year. This year I made him a Christmas present box to sleep in. Took one of the shipping boxes that some items I ordered came in (one big enough for cat to fit in) and I cut the top off and flipped it on it’s side and then wrapped it with Christmas paper like a present leaving the one side open. I added a soft blanket and he loves it. It looks great like a real present under the tree. You can add all your other presents around it just leaving a path for the cat to get in and he will have a nice hiding place just for himself.

35EDC317-867D-4E25-9C6F-3F37BAE8ED84.jpeg

73DD0235-B6A1-4460-889D-4788FAF6E2E2.jpeg
9050D60D-C7E9-45CC-9695-EBF23D790217.jpeg

So cute. I have a velvet tree skirt and our cats sleep under the tree so much that I have to have it dry cleaned every year after Christmas.
I have to lint roll my tree skirt often. Last year I must have been feeling really lazy when I put it away, because I was shocked when I pulled it out and saw that it was so covered with hair, it was a different color! For shame.

Adorable! We will have to do this! Mine sleep under the tree all the time, so far no tree climbing or ornament murdering yet this year!
My babies don't climb the trees or murder ornaments but they are obsessed with the twinkling lights!

Great idea! We also hang the "jingly" ornaments at the bottom--obviously, unbreakable ones. And we tie off the tree.

I'm thinking about taking our small, crappy 4-foot tree, and putting on ornaments with catnip in them. I think I'll live to regret it, though. 3 of our cats are young (3 years old or less) and very playful. The old guy doesn't play so much, but he does love catnip!

If anyone makes this for their Christmas tree please post a photo. I would love to see your gift box cat beds and their cute kitties. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter