Ft. Sam Houston, San Antonio

Justanopinion

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me what there is to do on this base?

We are going down to visit DS for the weekend and need some activities, we are taking a 4 yr. old with us.

Also, what else is fun to do around that area?
TIA

I've only been on Ft. Sam base for funerals so I can't comment much about it except I have heard that they have like a really cool play area for kids - the octagon?? You may want to ask about that.

You will be near I-35 and can take it south towards downtown. Just find a parking spot (we always try to park at the parking garage by Rivercenter Mall right off the Commerce exit). You will be right by the Riverwalk and there are restaurants, shops, barge rides (operators give you a lot of SA history). This can make for a nice day and plenty of walking to keep an active 4 year old busy.

There are a few things to do on post.
There is a pool with waterslide- don't know if it is open now, kinda cool there now.

There is the riverwalk- that was fun
there is the Alamo near the riverwalk.
Sea World is kinda close if you have a vehicle

depending on how far along he is in training- he may know more about what there is to do. If he has phased (assuming he is in medic training) he would be able to go out on the weekends for a while

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter