Frustration

Talking Hands

<font color=purple><b>|,,|/</b> DEAF DISNEY LOVER<
Well, I am at WDW but staying at the Grosvenor since there were no rooms avaialable. Supposed to have bus but the lift was broken on 2 so they called van which never showed up. If you use a wheelchair don't stay at a Downtown Disney hotel! That is unless you plan to drive yourself.

I'm so sorry about that - how horrible. I hope you were able to get where you needed to go and I would really complain to the hotel. You deserve compensation. Good Luck!

If it isn't already, that ought to be illegal! And who can you complain to? I doubt any Grosvenor employee can sign. That's just shameful!

A nice short, to the point letter to both the hotel and the State human rights commission ought to do the trick. In Mass we have MCAS; I am not sure the relevant Florida authority.

It is illegal if a hotel runs a shuttle service they must also have accommodations for someone in a wheelchair. Under the ADA they are obligated to get you accessible transportation even if it is from a third party company.

I have heard about problems in the outside of WDW resorts before. SO sorry to hear about your problems. Hope things improve.
I remember reading once that if a lift is broken they have 48 hours to fix it; but, if they only have one lift bus and/or they don't have good maintenance, a "bad" company could have busses that hardly ever have lifts that work.

Well, things got better on Saturday evening. After I threatened to file an ADA complaint against the transportation company, all of a sudden, they found a bus with a working lift. Had to divert it from another run but divert they did. Also they me a number to call when I was ready to return to the hotel so they could have the bus return for me. Sunday they had a working lift on the route I planned on using and again today. Geez, I had to threaten them to get accommodations. Will be writing a letter of complaint to the transportation company and one to the hotel. And I will never stay at a Downtown Disney Hotel again! Live and learn.

Glad to hear it worked out (even if you had to get tough with them to fix it).

Sorry about what you went through- these sorts of things cause me to have a meltdown since frustrations occur much too often and they certainly shouldn't ruin a vacation! Glad they fixed the problem but it shouldn't have been one....sigh. Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter