Frozen on Broadway - Opening night!

Okay, I'm in the theater. Mostly adults. A few kids (one dressed as Elsa), but definitely feels more of a Broadway crowd than a Disney on Ice crowd. (I was concerned.)

Lot's of merchandise for sale - surprised?

Gonna turn my phone off. 5 minutes till curtain!

That was a wonderful show. They did a great job of taking the film story and making it their own. Musical numbers were great - First Time in Forever was my favorite - and the new songs were good too.

If you find yourself in NYC - see it. (If you can't get tickets, see Aladdin - I loved that show, too.)

I'll be back to see Frozen again in November.

I was wondering how the first preview on Broadway went. I'll be interested to hear if there are any changes between now and March 22nd. Glad to hear a positive review.

Going in early May. Looking forward to it. We've seen just about all the Disney on Broadway shows (even Tarzan & Little Mermaid!). Only one we never got around to seeing was Newsies.

Last edited:

Going in early May. Looking forward to it. We've seen just about all the Disney on Broadway shows (even Tarzan & Little Mermaid!). Only one we never got around to seeing was Newsies.
Newsies was amazing!!! You can always see it by purchasing the Broadway movie on iTunes. I don't know if it was ever released to DVD.

Glad to hear you had a nice time, and that show was good. Hope others going in the coming months have a wonderful time. I never saw Newsies, Aladdin, or Mary Poppins, but enjoyed Beauty & the Beast MANY times, and Lion King several.

That was a wonderful show. They did a great job of taking the film story and making it their own. Musical numbers were great - First Time in Forever was my favorite - and the new songs were good too.

If you find yourself in NYC - see it. (If you can't get tickets, see Aladdin - I loved that show, too.)

I'll be back to see Frozen again in November.

Aladdin on Broadway was awesome! I’m glad you enjoyed Frozen! I still need some thawing out time from that franchise for a bit before i see it!

Saw Frozen on Broadway tonight! We laughed, we cried — so much fun! They do a really fun bit about “hygge,” that Scandinavian feel-good thing. The whole show made me feel full of hygge. Highly recommend!

:cheer2:

Saw Frozen on Broadway tonight! We laughed, we cried — so much fun! They do a really fun bit about “hygge,” that Scandinavian feel-good thing. The whole show made me feel full of hygge. Highly recommend!

:cheer2:
Funny - I'd never heard of that term, until it was a question on HQ Trivia earlier tonight. I guessed right. :) Glad you enjoyed the show, @BayouQueen ! :)

Newsies was amazing!!! You can always see it by purchasing the Broadway movie on iTunes. I don't know if it was ever released to DVD.

Newsies on Broadway was on Netflix! I saw the touring production and it was fantastic.

So glad to hear Frozen on Broadway is doing well (reading multiple reviews). Excited for the cast album to hear the arrangements for the stage, and the new music.

going in June. But not me because i got two tickets and giving them to my kids (14,20) sigh. Just too expensive for that third ticket for me. Saw aladdin though, outstanding. mary love. anything at nj papermill playhouse with disney for future reference btw is a must must see. So great you got to see it opening night.

Okay, I'm in the theater. Mostly adults. A few kids (one dressed as Elsa), but definitely feels more of a Broadway crowd than a Disney on Ice crowd. (I was concerned.)

Lot's of merchandise for sale - surprised?

Gonna turn my phone off. 5 minutes till curtain!
I’m going in april and have my eye on the fur jacket. eBay is saying it was limited to 600 and sold out can you confirm this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter