Frequent Flyer Mileage

JanetRose

...what was the meaning of the big white glove?
Does anyone know if I can use some of my miles towards a ticket and pay the rest? (I don't have enough miles to get a free ticket).

Some programs let you purchase additional miles to make up the difference but unless you are ALMOST at the amount needed for a ticket then you end up paying more than it would cost you just to book the ticket outright.

Call the airline's Frequent Flyer program and they can give you the details.

Here are the details for Delta's Sky Miles program:

Miles may be purchased for $0.0275 USD per mile (minimum 1,000 miles) plus a 7.5% Federal Excise Tax and a $25 USD processing fee per transaction. An additional 7% GST applies to purchases by Canadian residents. Multiple gifts may be given with one transaction.

It takes 25,000 miles for a free RT on Delta within the continental US.

Depends on the carrier. Most will allow you to purchase additional miles in specified increments. Depending on how many miles you need, it may be cheaper to just buy a ticket! Also, there are often many restrictions and very few seats available for reward tickets.

First, I would price the flight as if you were just paying for a ticket. Then I would check with the carrier to see if they have any available rewards seats and then check to see how many miles you would have to purchase (at what cost!)

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest