French Onion Soup at BOG Snack Credit?

timsueshd

Julie the Cruise Director
I have seen on other posts that the French Onion Soup at Be Our Guest is considered a snack credit...

But since my reservation isn't for a couple months I can't go on the pre-order screen to see if that is true.

Has anyone else used a snack credit for the french onion soup?

Someone reported here a couple of weeks ago or so that the soups are no longer a snack credit.

So how does it work if I order the soup? It doesn't count as a meal?
For example if I pre-order 2 soups, a french dip and the Croque Monsieur, they will only take 2 QS credits and I will need to pay for the soup?

So how does it work if I order the soup? It doesn't count as a meal?
For example if I pre-order 2 soups, a french dip and the Croque Monsieur, they will only take 2 QS credits and I will need to pay for the soup?

The manager told me you could add a drink and use the french onion soup as a quick service meal if you wish, which is not a great value on the ddp, but it's an option. Otherwise, you need to pay for the soup out of pocket.

If the referenced thread is correct, you cannot pre-order if you want soup, since BOG doesn't allow two separate methods of payment with pre-orders.

You can still pre order the soup if you're on the ddp. It doesn't seem to indicate anywhere on the website as to whether or not you can use the soup as a snack credit. I would continue to treat it as a snack credit as you complete the pre order, but be prepared to pay oop once you're there. They will happily take your money for the soup as well as your ddp credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter