Free dining summer 2019

pennylane16

Mouseketeer
Hello!

I got a notification on my touring plans page this morning that free dining is available during the time we'll be at WDW this August. I am currently booked with a room only reservation through a TA with the intention of adding on park tickets from Undercover Tourist, with the plan to pay for food OOP. however, after reading some threads, I'm beginning to wonder if it might be worth it for me to book directly through Disney and take the free dining? The TA we go through is the company with the nice labor day deal, so I'm not sure if it will balance out or not. FWIW, we are a party of 5 - 4 Disney "adults," 1 child. I tried going through the steps to book on Disney website, but didn't see free dining as as option.. is it not yet available? If you book now, does it get taken off eventually? Thanks in advance for any info! :)

I just read something that said the deal has ended. I haven't followed it much this year since we are not going so I could be wrong.

Disney is offering Free Dining for select dates from July 5 - September 30, 2019!!!

This is a huge surprise to have it released this early!

To qualify for the free dining plan, you must purchase a non-discounted 5-night/6-day vacation package that includes a room at a select Disney Resort hotel and a ticket with a Park Hopper Option or Park Hopper Plus Option. Everyone in the room must be on the same package.

Whether you qualify for the regular Dining Plan or the Quick-Service Dining Plan depends on which resort you’re staying at. Here are the resorts and what plan they qualify for.

Free Disney Dining Plan Resorts
  • Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
  • Disney’s Beach Club Villas
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
  • Disney’s Old Key West Resort
  • Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
  • Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Disney’s Beach Club Resort
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
  • Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
  • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
Free Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan Resorts
  • Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
  • Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
  • Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
  • Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – Family Suites only
  • Disney’s Pop Century Resort
The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited.

This deal is available to be booked from today through Feb 10, 2019 only

Oh really? I must've misunderstood on TP because it seemed like a new notification.

That's odd. The offer is no longer available. It actually came out in January! As scard192 posted, it had to be booked by Feb 10. When did you book your vacation? If it was before Feb 10, I wonder why your TA didn't let you know there was an offer out there.

The specific agency through which the OP booked offers very discounted room-only reservations. No packages possible.

So they won't book the free dining offer if a client wants it instead of their discounted room-only booking?

They can't. Discounts can't be combined. People book through that agency specifically for the room discount.

Please re read my question. I said INSTEAD. I know they can't combine discounts. I'm asking does this TA not allow the client to decide which of the discounts they want? It sounds like the OP would have liked the option but wasn't given the option.

Apparently at certain times of the year, the room discount is so massive that it outweighs any other offer. Anybody wanting a different discount, or a packsge, would book directly or through a different travel agency.

Hi everyone, yes, I did indeed reread and saw that although it was posted on my TP notifications on 2/24, I did miss the FD window which ended 2/10. My mistake. I do hope that this particular room only discount I get through my TA will end up being the better deal than the FD I missed! Oof!

I did some math and unfortunately it looks like I might've saved more with the FD offer, but I will say that having dinn the DDP 2x, and paying OOP one trip, we saved a bundle paying OOP. so maybe depending on how much we spend on good it'll all week out. A little off topic, but I was so disappointed that the labor day deal wasn't nearlyn as deep off a discount as it was in 2017.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter