FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Park Hopping Tips; Refresh; Additional Tier 1 Booking; Anytime (Bonus) FPs; CL FPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
will I lose my fast passes fir two days.
No because your AP, which is valid ticket media, keeps your FPs intact.

Make sure Guest Relations adjusts your account so that the 10-day/AP is used before the 2-day ticket.

This thread is so helpful! I thought of myself as a moderately knowledgable Disney goer, but I have learned so much by reading these posts.

I have a question that I hope I can explain well enough to make sense....

We are doing a 5 day trip in early December. 3 of us are AP holders/DVC members. 2 people in the party are not. (I already feel like I'm writing an SAT question...) The 2 non AP holders have a 3 day MYW ticket. (Day 1: HS, Day 2: AK, Day 3: EP.) On day 4, we are heading to MK for MVMCP. My husband, daughter, and I were originally planning to enter the park around 3, since we have AP, and meet up with my in-laws at 4:00 when they could enter. BUT, we now see that DVC members can bring family members with us after 2:00. So... Here is my question: Can I make FP+ for all of us, even though my in-laws don't have park tickets that day, they're just joining us as guests for early admission? Or do we have to show up and go standby, since they don't have hard tickets for that part of the day?
I was going to call the DVC line to see if they could help me make FP for the party of 5, but I am in fear of that "too much media- FP cancellation" situation I keep reading about, and thought I'd check here first!

Thanks!

Yes. The Party tickets actually open FP booking for the complete day.

Thank you! That is helpful.

Now... I just have to talk myself into cancelling the SDD FP that I have for earlier that day. I can't seem to click that button that says "Cancel"... my hand just freezes! :confused3

Confused. If I book three FPs ahead of time and can't adjust them to my liking the day off, can I just use the first one and cancel the second and third, and then book a new park? Is there any difference between booking all three ahead of time and canceling some the day of while at the park, or just not booking all three to begin with?

Is there a difference between canceling passes and letting them expire? If they expire is that the same as them being used? In other words if you let all three expire can you start booking your third FP elsewhere?

Are there generally lines for Spaceship Earth or Living With the Land? We like both of those but don't know if we should waste FPs on them as I didn't think they normally had big lines.

Hi All! Thanks for such a great thread!

This will be the first time we do a park hopper-planning to do AK and HS on day 2 of our trip. My priority is getting a FOP FP if possible (60+2 for March 1) When my window opens up, do I have to assign a park for that day? If I assign AK and see that there are no FOP passes available, can I then switch the park to HS (and try for a Slinky Dog Dash FP).

Hope this makes sense! TIA!

Hi All! Thanks for such a great thread!

This will be the first time we do a park hopper-planning to do AK and HS on day 2 of our trip. My priority is getting a FOP FP if possible (60+2 for March 1) When my window opens up, do I have to assign a park for that day? If I assign AK and see that there are no FOP passes available, can I then switch the park to HS (and try for a Slinky Dog Dash FP).

Hope this makes sense! TIA!
Choose your highest priority ride and if it isn’t available, re-do the steps to choose a different park and search for your ride choice.

Instructions for Checking Availability

You don't have to Cancel when checking availability, rebooking a new park, or when park hopping. Simply follow the instructions below.

From the app:
~ tap the "+"
~ select guests
~ select date and new park
~ continue beyond any warnings
~ you won't lose anything if just checking availability. After checking, back out of the window and your original FP+ remain.
~ when you confirm a FP+ for the new park, that's when any original FP+ are replaced.

I have tried this but it will not let me check for more times because it says I have reached my limit booked for that park. Is there a way to see other times available.

Instructions for Checking Availability

You don't have to Cancel when checking availability, rebooking a new park, or when park hopping. Simply follow the instructions below.

From the app:
~ tap the "+"
~ select guests
~ select date and new park
~ continue beyond any warnings
~ you won't lose anything if just checking availability. After checking, back out of the window and your original FP+ remain.
~ when you confirm a FP+ for the new park, that's when any original FP+ are replaced.

I have tried this but it will not let me check for more times because it says I have reached my limit booked for that park. Is there a way to see other times available.

If you're checking for the same park as your existing FP's you will need to modify an existing FP. That explanation is for checking a different park.

Are anytime FP good only at one park? I was gifted them and they said I had to choose which park bc the system can’t handle them being put in for any park? I’m confused bc I was gifted them on a prior trip and were good at any park.

Are anytime FP good only at one park? I was gifted them and they said I had to choose which park bc the system can’t handle them being put in for any park? I’m confused bc I was gifted them on a prior trip and were good at any park.
If you were given Anytime FPs that are only for a specific park then yes, they can’t be used at another park.

It’s dependent upon the type of Anytime FP and which level CM who is providing the FPs.

If you were given Anytime FPs that are only for a specific park then yes, they can’t be used at another park.

It’s dependent upon the type of Anytime FP and which level CM who is providing the FPs.

I definitely understand. I was just wondering if there are currently anytime fast passes that are useable at any park bc the CM said the system no longer allows that??

I definitely understand. I was just wondering if there are currently anytime fast passes that are useable at any park bc the CM said the system no longer allows that??
It’s possible.

At DLR, if a digital Anytime is issued for DL, it can’t be used at DCA. Perhaps they’ve updated WDW’s system but again, if a high-level Manager or Corporate-Level manager is issuing an Anytime then there’s always a possibility it’s good anywhere.

Confused. If I book three FPs ahead of time and can't adjust them to my liking the day off, can I just use the first one and cancel the second and third, and then book a new park? Is there any difference between booking all three ahead of time and canceling some the day of while at the park, or just not booking all three to begin with?

Is there a difference between canceling passes and letting them expire? If they expire is that the same as them being used? In other words if you let all three expire can you start booking your third FP elsewhere?

Are there generally lines for Spaceship Earth or Living With the Land? We like both of those but don't know if we should waste FPs on them as I didn't think they normally had big lines.
Yes, BUT (and this is very important) ONLY if they are in a different park. You can't use this to book an additional Tier 1 ride in the same park. You can use it to book 1 Tier 1 in say, Epcot, and then a Tier 1 in HS.

Yes, there can be lines for both SE and LwtL, depends on what time you are talking about. I often use a FP for both, since there's little else to book at Epcot. And both are usually there same day and there to be moved up.
So our strategy, in Epcot for example
Book SE, and arrive at the park near the end of that FP. Next we'll have Soarin' FP, then LwtL. By the time we are off SE, we are ready to use Soarin'. As soon as we tap in Soarin' I'll look to move the LwtL up. Normally, I can move it to be used as soon as we get off Soarin'. Then when we tap in on LwtL, I start to book the next one.

We were gifted anytime FPs due to an issue a few years ago, and had to designate in advance which park we wanted to use them at. We could pick any park, but then they all 3 had to be used at that park. Not sure if your situation is the same?

In May we had Anytime FP's that could be used for any park on a specific date. We had a TT FP for the last hour of operation and it was down due to weather. If it happens during the last hour it becomes an anytime for any park for the following day. Whether things have changed since May or if they are simply a different type of Anytime FP, I don't know.

spaceship earth went down earlier and our FP turned into a multi experience FP for Epcot good at what looks like the tier 2 rides. We haven’t used it yet, because we really don’t care to/need to given it doesn’t include tier 1 rides. But I cannot make any more FPs for Epcot for later today. Do I have to use that before we can try for a FP for TT or Frozen?

spaceship earth went down earlier and our FP turned into a multi experience FP for Epcot good at what looks like the tier 2 rides. We haven’t used it yet, because we really don’t care to/need to given it doesn’t include tier 1 rides. But I cannot make any more FPs for Epcot for later today. Do I have to use that before we can try for a FP for TT or Frozen?
You don't have to use the anytime FP but if it was one of your first 3 FP's you will need to add/use another Tier 2 before being able to try for a Tier 1 FP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!