• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FOTL policy at on-site hotels

MrsMud

<font color=green>Thinks the Ghostbuster wearing t
I am already thinking about our next trip, which will probably be in two years. I would love to stay on-site for FOTL, but with 3 adults and 2 kids the price is prohibitive (especially since we can stay offsite in a much bigger suite for 1/2 the price).
My question is this: If you stay only one night onsite, do you get FOTL for one day or two? Say we check in Sunday and check out Monday. Would we get FOTL for both days? I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but no harm in dreaming, right?

You would have FOTL for both days. You can check in very early (probably won't get your room, but they will give you the "keys" so you can have FOTL) and you would have FOTL the day you check out as well.

Staying on-site is the best - I highly recommend it!!!

"Would we get FOTL for both days? I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but no harm in dreaming, right?"

Actually the answer is YES! You will get FOTL for the enitre day of check in and the entire day of check out. Great deal and well worth it!

Wow, that's so great to hear! I will definitely consider staying onsite one night, then switching to offsite. Thanks for the replies!

Now, did you decide what resort you will stay at????
I would love to stay at the Hard Rock. I guess in the end it will all come down to what kind of rates I can get, though!

HRH is the only one I have not stayed at, but have seen it. It's wonderful. I can't wait to stay for myself.

YES! we did actually this last summer. We crunched the numbers of how much it would cost 2 adults and 1 child to get the fastpass cards for 2 parks for 2 days and the cost of the room outweighed that cost. So we cut our WDW stay by one day (at a CM rate--don't tell anyone), and stayed at PHR our first night, and spent 2 days at both parks, then at the end of the second day zipped over to Disney and checked into the A/S resort. This worked out so well for us that I have a one night ressie at RPR for April with the FAN club rate.

Off topic: The only thing that put a damper on it for us was that US/IOA would not let us upgrade our grandson's 2 day ticket to an AP ticket. (He had 2 days left on a 3 day ticket and wanted to put the value towards an AP and we were told NO. I did write and told them that this policy was not encouraging folks to visit in the future, but only got a lukewarm, "that's the way it is" response).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter