Fort Lauderdale Pre Cruise Hotel with shuttle

TLPL

DIS Veteran
Can you recommend any hotel in Fort Lauderdale that is reasonably priced?
Preferably one with shuttle to the port. Thanks.

You can book Hyatt Place via Valuetrips. It can take a while to get a response for your booking, so if you’re going in the next month I wouldn’t recommend.

I believe they use an area cruise shuttle that costs $7pp. So it’s probably better to get a taxi or Uber.

We stayed at Hyatt Place- air conditioning units were very noisy ( I had read this in a review but went with it anyway...)! Location is great- we walked over to Gilbert’s 17th Street Grill- very good! It was cheaper for us ( and faster) to take Uber (there were 6 adults). We walked by Embassy Suites- that looked nice.

I agree with Hyatt Place through Valuetrips. We used the free shuttle from the airport to the hotel but took a taxi to the port. For our family of 5 it was cheaper and quicker than the shuttle.

The value trips is supposed to include the shuttle, or at least it did a few months ago. I found out after paying the driver in cash and calling the hotel from the ship about it.

We used Value Trips to book Hyatt Place for our 7/7 cruise. As a PP said it can take awhile to get a response...I think I waited a month, and was almost ready to book somewhere else when lo and behold received the reservation confirmation. Glad I didn't panic. The service, rooms, and included breakfast were really good. We have stayed at Embassy Suites when we arrived earlier in the day, and could take advantage of the free snack/cocktail period, and that was okay too. Just don't count on those free snacks being a dinner replacement. If I remember correctly it was chips, salsa, veggies, and dip. Hyatt Place wasn't as crazy cruise morning as Embassy Suites, which was an absolute madhouse.

My friend and I stayed at a Hampton Inn in Plantation in January. They offered a free airport shuttle and a free shuttle to the port. Breakfast was also included. Nice place.

We book the Hyatt Place through Valuetrips like other have mentioned above. The longest we have waited for a response was 1.5 weeks. The hotel is conveniently located near shops, restaurants and a liquor store. We usually arrive early and generally they have a room ready before the 3:00 pm check in time. We've had no complaints to date and have it booked again for our upcoming cruise. They charge $2 per room if you use the airport shuttle. We usually have to wait a while but it's convenient. The drivers have always been really friendly and offered insight on what's around the hotel. The rooms are quite spacious and the sitting area is great if you have kids. The included breakfast has been sufficient for us.

I have not heard of Valuetrips till now. I am going to check it out. Thanks for the great tips!

We got a good deal at Embassy on 17th. Had a shuttle for a small extra fee pp.

But we wished we had taken a cab instead. Even with just 3 people the can would have been cheaper and immediate. As it was, we were on a smaller ship on a big ship day, and we had to wait a good while.

I have not heard of Valuetrips till now. I am going to check it out. Thanks for the great tips!

I had not heard of Valuetrips until our 2016 cruise and have to admit I was a little nervous at first but when they reply they give you a Hyatt Reservation number. You can then easily go on the Hyatt site and check it out. The prices are amazing.

Can you recommend any hotel in Fort Lauderdale that is reasonably priced?
Preferably one with shuttle to the port. Thanks.

Marriott BeachPlace Towers. It was awesome and beach front... However, we had to take a cab.

Otherwise, the Crowne Plaza was nice, close to the Port and they have shuttles. It was so close to the port that we could see a cruise ship from our window!

We booked La Quinta at 1275 N. Atlantic Ave. The rate ($103) includes breakfast but I doubt we'll eat there as the dining area is quite small. There's no fee for parking during your stay, and if you want to leave your car there while you cruise, it's only $5 per night. There's a shuttle directly to the port, and it's "on demand" rather than scheduled. You make your shuttle reservations in advance, scheduling the time you want to leave the hotel and the time you want to be collected from the port to return to the hotel after the cruise. You can also select the type of vehicle you want - car size, mini-van size, 7-passenger van size, 15-passenger van size, etc. The cost for this is $16 pp round trip. A little more expensive than some others, but the "on demand" feature makes it worthwhile to me.

Funny side note, when I booked this hotel, I didn't know it was directly across the highway from the resort where my granddaughter was married 2-1/2 years ago!

Queen Colleen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter