Forecast has me down

CricketMa

Earning My Ears
We will be at Disney World Oct17th to the 24th and so far the forecast calls for 60% chance of rain every day.

Please someone comfort me and tell me it’s most likely wrong. I obviously excepted a little rain each day but not all day every day.

I don't live there, but I'm speaking from being there a few times. Don't let the rain get you down. It rains in FL everyday (esp. in the summer). There is usually a shower or sometimes alittle more rain every afternoon. Don't let it ruin your plans. Take ponchos, plan accordingly. If it rains, go inside and eat or shop or do an inside ride. It poured down 1 day in Sept. last year while we were at Animal Kingdom. We went shopping and had something to eat, then it was all clear. Just go with the flow and have fun...it's your vacation after all. :)

We never pay that much attention to the forecast anymore. When we were there last, it called for rain everyday. We had dry weather everyday with the exception of a late afternoon shower that we got most everyday between 5 and 6 o'clock.

You can't trust a weather forecast that far out. And 60% doesn't mean rain all day, like others said.

We had rain during our day at the Magic Kingdom. When it rained, we ducked into shops or restaurants or rides with covered queues. We really only needed our ponchos for about 15 minutes. We rode the carousel, Mad Tea Party, It's a Small World, PeopleMover, watched the Carousel of Progress, went shopping, got ice cream - really, don't worry about the rain. You can have plenty of fun even when it's raining.

If you're bringing bags or purses into the park, maybe consider packing a full change of clothes (top, bottom, undies, socks, bra) into a gallon resealable bag for each person. Wear shoes that can dry out quickly, like sandals. The rain might convince some people to go home, so shorter lines! And hey, it's a day at Disney.

I like packing disposable ponchos throw them on when it rains and then throw them out. Some people like the Disney ponchos but I don’t like to carry around a wet one the rest of the day. It is pretty common to see some sort of rain every day, but it usually doesn’t last long. Don’t worry you’ll still have fun no matter what and they have so many indoor attractions for this reason.

We have stopped checking weather forecast in Orlando. For some strange reason, weather never seems to be accurate there. Almost always, no matter what time of year, forecast shows rain. I start checking maybe day before, I don’t even think about it. We always bring ponchos and small fold up umbrellas. Have a great trip! Hope the weather is nice and you are pleasantly surprised!:goodvibes

I live here and trust me, that ain't the forecast now. We only have 20% chance of a stray shower for the next two weeks. Not sure where you are seeing this but it's dead wrong.

Wait, what?

So you mean it called for rain and it rained...

You had dry weather every day except for the fact that it rained every day....

That's like saying you stayed home all week long! Except for those 8 hours a day you had to work....

Stacy

We never pay that much attention to the forecast anymore. When we were there last, it called for rain everyday. We had dry weather everyday with the exception of a late afternoon shower that we got most everyday between 5 and 6 o'clock.

60% chance of rain means there’s a 60% chance it will rain at SOME point during the day (maybe 4am?)

Hope you have good weather but I’d worry more about the accumulation forecast - if it’s only 1/12 of an inch that’s nothin ;)

I've been here for 3 days and we've actually been hoping for rain. It is HOT! In Florida the rain doesn't last long, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

1. Idk if you're using the weather app that comes with iphones, but that app will say rain, even if that means rain for 5 seconds. From what I have heard, it rains nearly every day in Florida, but tends to only be a short period of time.
2. when we went in July, the forecast said rain, and it only rained bad the first day and the rest was pretty smooth sailing aside from occasional showers.
3. if it does end up raining, just buy a poncho and rain boots! Don't let that stop you from doin your thang! Rain tends to scare people away, so maybe youll end up having really low wait times and barely any crowding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!