For those who RECENTLY rented from Alamo @ MCO....

I’m worried it’s going to be an aisle of impalas and that’s it!! Thanks for the reply!

When I was there last August the "PREMIUM" aisle was filled with Impala's. I had a Standard reserved and they sent me to "Full-Size" aisle and it was practically bare. The vehicles there looked a little older and I wasn't happy at all. An attendant walking thru saw my DH looking at a Jeep Grand Cherokee but it didn't have keys. The attendant told my DH she would go get keys and let him take that...OR....he could take an Impala in the premium aisle. He jumped at the Impala and we had miles of smiles riding around in that Candy Apple Red Impala for 2 weeks!!!! :laughing: :car:

I thought I read something about this on here but, of course, can't find it now. Is it OK to book 2 reservations (one for standard and one for minivan) for the same dates/times? Trying to get lucky and get a minivan for the standard price. Is there a way to see what cars are available when I get to the counter? Traveling in February and booking Alamo thru Costco. Thanks!!

I believe if you sign up for the Alamo Insiders you can go straight to the garage and choose your vehicle. Skip the counter. I always bring printed copy of reservation so they use the correct one. Then have drivers liscense and credit card ready when you leave the garage.

Anyone take a look at the compact aisle? There’s only 2 adults and 1 suitcase for a day, so not worried about size. Just curious.

I believe if you sign up for the Alamo Insiders you can go straight to the garage and choose your vehicle. Skip the counter. I always bring printed copy of reservation so they use the correct one. Then have drivers liscense and credit card ready when you leave the garage.

It has been awhile since we signed up, but I thought we had to go to the counter our first time renting. They may have changed it though.

It has been awhile since we signed up, but I thought we had to go to the counter our first time renting. They may have changed it though.

Not sure if you have to be an insider but if you do online check in then it gives the option to skip the counter.

Not sure if you have to be an insider but if you do online check in then it gives the option to skip the counter.

When we first signed up for the insider program, we did online check in, but they still said we had to stop at the desk since it was our first time going through them. We had to have copies of our license taken and sign papers. After that, we have never had to stop at the counter.

When we first signed up for the insider program, we did online check in, but they still said we had to stop at the desk since it was our first time going through them. We had to have copies of our license taken and sign papers. After that, we have never had to stop at the counter.

So do you still do online check in, or do you just print paperwork at home and show it at the exit booth?

We rented from Alamo for the first time in April. We were not insiders at the time, but did online check in and skipped the counter and went right to the garage. They told me as long as you do online check in and have a bar code you are all set.

Standard in April (Good Friday) and got a Ford Escape Eco from the full size aisle. There was one king cab pick up, many sedans and a few small suvs. The compact aisle was full of mini vans.

I know I am reviving a very old thread (should I have started a new one?) but does anyone know if I reserved a standard/full size car from Alamo, but see a minivan in the compact aisle, can I take it? A minivan would be my #1 choice but I'm too cheap to book it outright. Its normally double the cost of a full size.

I know I am reviving a very old thread (should I have started a new one?) but does anyone know if I reserved a standard/full size car from Alamo, but see a minivan in the compact aisle, can I take it? A minivan would be my #1 choice but I'm too cheap to book it outright. Its normally double the cost of a full size.
I reserved a standard in September but there was a new Pacifica in the midsize row. I asked if we could downgrade ourselves and they said sure but then couldn’t find the keys. There were 6 mini vans in the standard row but they were junky ones. I have standard again for later this month because I figure I can downgrade if need be.

Last edited:
We still do online check in.

With Alamo it is a two step process. Online Check in is first and checks you in for your vehicle and gives them the paper work to speed up the process but you still need to stop at the desk if you stop there. After doing Online check in it will give you the option to skip the counter which you need a credit card to do. This is were you input everything and they charge your card for $1. They give you a bar code that you print out. You take the print out to the cars and present the print out to the agent outside and pick your car. Then you give the paper, DL, and Credit Card at the exit and they finish the paper work there at the booth.

I reserved a standard in September but there was a new Pacifica in the midsize row. I asked if we could downgrade ourselves and they said sure but then couldn’t find the keys. There were 6 mini vans in the standard row but they were junky ones. I have standard again for later this month because I figure I can downgrade if need be.

Thanks. It never occurred to me to check the "lower category" rows for a minivan. I will from now on!

They give you a bar code that you print out. You take the print out to the cars and present the print out to the agent outside and pick your car. Then you give the paper, DL, and Credit Card at the exit and they finish the paper work there at the booth.
Is it possible to have this info on a smart phone and the bar code can be scanned off the phone at the check out booth? Thanks.

Is it possible to have this info on a smart phone and the bar code can be scanned off the phone at the check out booth? Thanks.

I have done that at my local airport but it does say you need to print it out which never made much sense to me but I have used my phone and not printed it out. I would call to verify to make sure but I think you would be fine

I have done that at my local airport but it does say you need to print it out which never made much sense to me but I have used my phone and not printed it out. I would call to verify to make sure but I think you would be fine
You do not need to print out the skip the counter ticket. I just checked mine, and it says right on the form that you can print it out or present it on your phone “...print or save this ticket to your phone, and keep it handy.”

With Alamo being one of the top renters in MCO, they run out of the most popular and requested car types.
Especially if you have early morning or late evening arrival when most have been rented or have yet to be returned. We love this because we can rent the least expensive car type and still get a full size or small suv at a low rate!
This is a gamble of course but 8 x out of 10 its how it goes.
We only use Alamo. They are very good at working with you. The tip is, never desk with in airport. Use the kiosk then go directly to the garage. If you don't like what is avail, go to the manager at the window there. They have always been great at getting what you need without extra charge!
It can take a little extra time but they usually compensate.
Also if you take sometging you really dont want they do an exchange for free. Ive rented late and the next day realized the car wasnt for me, i drove the 20 min back told the attendant i was changing cars. They gave me a slip and told me to pick whatever car i wanted. Out in a jif!
I have never had a bad experience with Alamo in MCO SFO Hawaii & AZ.
The exit booth never questions what car you take out.

Hi everyone, I have a full size suv booked for 31st January, does anyone know what is usually in the line and if there’s a chance of ending up with a suburban or something similar size? Maybe even an upgrade to a premium suv?

Hi everyone, I have a full size suv booked for 31st January, does anyone know what is usually in the line and if there’s a chance of ending up with a suburban or something similar size? Maybe even an upgrade to a premium suv?

Suburban are Premium SUV. They are in the first aisle and you must obtain the key from a rep. I think the fun size suv is like a Pathfinder or Explorer. I have a pathfinder and if your looking for something with a lot of space for luggage I will say its doable but tough without putting the back seats down.

And do be aware...yes, you can switch out your car if there is a problem....however, you might find yourself standing in a 90 minute line in a hot garage like we did last April. It was brutal and miserable and I will avoid doing this again if at all possible. (we had a mustang convertible with a back window that wouldn't raise up fully)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter