• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For those that do laundry at the hotel..What do you bring for a laundry bag?

Shelly

<font color=green>Doesn't know that anyone can be
I'm going for two weeks this time, and I know it's a bit of a hike to the laundry room and back.
How do you transport your clothes. I was thinking a garbage bag, but that isn't the best way to bring back the clean ones.

We use a laundry bag. I always pack a laundry bag on every trip. I just throw the laundry bag in the washer with the other clothes. Put the nice clean clothes back in the laundry bag when they are done. They take up hardly any room in the suitcase and it's the perfect place to keep your dirty clothes in the hotel. I usually shove all my dirty clothes in it on the way back home. It actually helps to save some space and keeps the clean stuff separate. Although I always wash everything when I get home so that does not really make all that much sense.

I used a mesh laundry bag. I also bought Purex laundry tabs instead of the scoop version of soap. This was the best way to wash because all you do is disolve the tab in the water, throw the clothes in and forget it. I did bring some fabric sheets in a baggy.

I did this the night before we left and we went home with Disney washed clothes, and nothing to do when we got home!!

I have these really cool laundry bags that i bought at walmart. They fold up into the size of a frisbee and POP open when you unfold them. I have a red one for darks and a white one for whites. They have handles and a pocket for detergent, change, dryer sheets etc. They were around $12 each. We keep them in the closet at our hotel and throw our dirty clothes into them. When they get full, I do some laundry while sitting around the pool. :o)

I use a suitcase on wheels. My family fills a garbage bag with the dirty clothes and when full, I throw in suitcase and wheel it to the laundry when full. I also bring Tide tablets and Bounce sheets which I put in a ziploc bag.

Lisa

I also use the tablets, and use a mesh laundry bag. that way if things are damp they don't mildew. I used (sp) to use a trash bag but after a nasty mold incident. NEVER AGAIN!!

We always pack some paper shopping bags with handles..the kind you get at Abercrombie and Fitch work especialy well, but any will do. These do not take up any room in the luggage. We take the laundry back and forth in them, and they also come in handy when returning home if you need an extra carryon bag.

I used to use a folding duffle bag for laundry. I bought one of the folding laundry baskets after I saw one at the Swan. It was pretty cool since it stands up on it's own and collapses into nothing. For detergent, I take along the dry tablet dejour (Surf now), dryer sheets, and stain magnet sheets. I can't always seperate laundry :).

I forgot to add that the one and most important thing to bring is a STAIN STICK!! Somehow you will either sit in something or drip something on yourself. Bring the stick and if you cant do laundry right away you can swipe it, and forget it without worrying over ruining some clothes!

Got this idea from another thread a few months back - went to Walmart and bought a box of two folding laundry basket/hampers - they are mesh with handles and fold up like those kids tents into flattened circles. They are great for trips, camping, and toys.

Thanks so much everyone, I found those mesh pop up laundry bags the mojority of you are talking about. I will use those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter