• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For those of you w/ young children.....

cinmell

DIS Veteran
how have you entertained them while waiting in line for rides, for dinner at dinner, etc.? I am planning on bringing crayons, stickers, and a small travel magna doodle, but I was wondering what others do to keep their toddlers occupied.

there have been a couple of threads on this subject recently..... Lets see what I remember..... Besides the ones you named we do bubbles, play I spy games (with little ones se just say "do you see something yellow? Can you find a w?) Sing songs, we have a digital camera and let our daughter look at pictures of herself.... I know there's more.....anyone?

We did some bubbles, but I seldom pulled them out. Those lines move! Moving a toddler by herself was hard enough without a toddler in the middle of drawing something! We also handed out some small snacks (fruit snacks, pretzels) and water.

Do fastpasses and go early. Get your Dumbo in first thing. And skip lines that aren't moving.

are lines at rides like dumbo and Pooh, etc. as bad as i have heard? Some have told me do those rides in the morning otherwise most or your day will be spent waiting in line.

Cinmell

Lines are bad later in the day in fantasyland. At least they were when we were there in MAY. The fast pass on peter pan and whinnie the pooh were all gone by 1 in the afternoon as well. We did just what someone on the trip board recomended. We went straight to Fantasyland. Got our fast pass for Pooh. Rode dumbo -10-15 minute line- then did carousel with no wait. Went and did Small World 10 minute wait. By this time the window for pooh had opened so got peter pan fast pass. Went back and did pooh. Did snow white with almost no wait. Had a snack then peter pan. All of this in under 2 hours. I was mortified to see people waiting in the regular line for pooh with an hour wait time with small children after the fast passes were gone.

In April the line for Dumbo was horrible, we never made it on and for Pooh we did fastpass.

I would say it really depends what your kids are into to pick what to bring. I have 2yo twins. She likes to draw, mostly with markers, the Crayola markers that only write on special paper are awesome. I just picked up a 2 pack travel set that comes with 2 cases, 3 markers each and 2 pads of paper I got it at BJs for 10.oo which isnt bad cuz they tend to be expensive.

He would sit and entertain himself with stickers. Especially in restaurants. DH wants me to hunt down colorforms. They're hard to find.

They have the mini magna doodles. They like those. They also were very entertained with the spinning toys we bought in DW.
I never made it to the outlets down there and I read they hav the toys cheap there. I will stop there on my way to DW from the airport to see what I can get.

TINKTWINS, I picked up some colorforms at Target this morning. They had Blues Clues, Bob the Builder and Sponge Bob. They also had vinyl bags with a handle of colorforms that were Clifford, Dora the Explorer and Dr. Suess. I picked up a couple of the bags. They were only 3.99 i think and the size was perfect for a carry on bag. One set came with 2 boards to stick the colorforms on and the other came with 6 boards. I hope you find them.

Cinmell Thank you so much I will definatly be going to Target for those. I will buy a few to stock up, 3.99 is a great price. Which Target in Mass. do you go to?

You're welcome! I've been looking a while for those myself. i went to the target in Everett.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter