"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (Part V)

Who will be the first long distance driver to arrive at WDW in 2018?

Merry Christmas! :santa:

All the best! :thumbsup2

We're not driving as a family until April. However DH is driving DS down for school 1/4/18. Driving straight through- glad I'm not going.

Safe Travels! Enjoy!

After 46 2,000+ mile round-trip drives from our former house at the Jersey Shore to WDW, our drive this afternoon from our new Florida house to WDW was 60 minutes! Of course, it appears that I will never be able to add to my marathon drives total (and dvczerfs all time record is safe [see page 1, post 1] for quite some time). However, it's great to be a Floridian residing so close to WDW.

driving down from Chicago in a couple weeks. We normally go straight through, but decided to stop and see friends in Nashville the first night which then throws off the timing so we will need to stop again after we leave them. I'm thinking we will easily get to Valdosta leaving us with just a few hours to go on Sunday. And we can arrive refreshed for a change :)

Anyway, does anyone have a recommendation for a quick, inexpensive stay in the Valdosta area?

Thanks!

We stayed at country inn and suites in Valdosta for $75 a night

Large room with 2 q beds, large bathroom, microwave and tv

Basic eateries neat by

Easy in and off I 75

Stayed there in February when we drove down to Orlando

From Nashville could be a 7 hour drive to Valdosta
Just about 3 hours from there to Disney for the last leg of your drive

Made reservations for our 5th trip driving - Woo Hoo - We'll have Bronze status! You Diamonds are my heroes!

Coming from Mass. and going to St Pete Beach for 3 nights then to AK for 3 nights - can't wait to get out of the cold.:sunny:

There's a Fairfield Inn (Marriott) in Valdosta. DH and I like staying at Fairfield Inns when traveling. Reasonable, immaculate, and a free breakfast.

We are leaving on 1/5 from south Jersey, arriving on 1/6. Any weather and road condition updates would be greatly appreciated.

Planning our next drive for a THREE NIGHT, 4 day trip. Crazy! I think we will drive as many days as we will be in the World, but have to be here and home for the DD who is going with the school choir. Too many days out of school to make it an extended family trip. But 4 days is better than none lol.

Oh, boo! I didn't know this thread existed! We just drove roundtrip NYC-Disney a couple of weeks ago and it would have been fun to share some stories. Oh well, we have another trip booked in September and will be driving it so I can always jump in then.

We leave tomorrow morning. I'm hoping that gives them enough time to clean things up.

Best of luck. (I'm so far south that we're not going anywhere even tomorrow. Crews are having a devil of a time with the drifting snow here. Gov. made the right call in doming us in a State of Emergency).

We are leaving on 1/5 from south Jersey, arriving on 1/6. Any weather and road condition updates would be greatly appreciated.

Hope you are not on the southeastern coast of NJ. Roads by me have not seen a plow yet. Snow was 15-24 inches deep around my house, due to the wind. Not sure what the actual snowfall total was, but it must have been a foot or more. Someone emailed me from the cherry hill area and said they had a few inches and it had stopped early afternoon and their street was plowed hours ago. Someone else in northeast NJ had six inches but again it stopped before it did by me and their street was plowed hours ago. Be safe. Hope you have a smooth drive.

Made reservations for our 5th trip driving - Woo Hoo - We'll have Bronze status! You Diamonds are my heroes!

Coming from Mass. and going to St Pete Beach for 3 nights then to AK for 3 nights - can't wait to get out of the cold.:sunny:

The current blizzard's impact in your area will make your next WDW trip that much more enjoyable. [Note: central FL overnight temps were below freezing, the coldest its been in eight years.]

driving down from Chicago in a couple weeks. We normally go straight through, but decided to stop and see friends in Nashville the first night which then throws off the timing so we will need to stop again after we leave them. I'm thinking we will easily get to Valdosta leaving us with just a few hours to go on Sunday. And we can arrive refreshed for a change :)

Anyway, does anyone have a recommendation for a quick, inexpensive stay in the Valdosta area?

Thanks!

Not sure about Valdosta, but we live near Nashville and drive to Florida 3 to 4 times a year usually. Warner Robbins is where we always stay. It’s the halfway spot, about 5 hours there, 5 hours on to Orlando. We love it. It’s the easiest place to navigate. There’s one main road and pretty much any store or restaurant you can think of is along that road, along with a bunch of hotels. I’m a Hilton gold member and usually have points to stay for free, so we always stay at either the Hampton or Hilton Garden Inn both are side by side, but I’m sure there are cheaper options as well. We love having all the stores and dinner options so easily accessible. Works out great when you realize 3 hours down the road or as you unpack at the hotel, everything you forgot.

On way home now. Fwiw there's a great counter service Mexican grill off 75 in Georgia exit 255 called Willys. Large portions, fresh food, made to order burritos, friendly service and cheap!
Is there a spot on this thread to post things like that? We come from the Midwest and it seems most are east coast travelers.
And if anyone is coming down 95 be careful and safe!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter