Food Allergy HELL ON EARTH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoodAllergiesSUCK!!!

Earning My Ears
i NEED YOUR GUYS/GALS ADVICE!!!
I am 41, when I was a kid I was never the "allergy kid"
I ate 99.999% of foods with no issues or problems...
The ONLY incident I ever had was (and I vividly - I was 12 at the time) remember
I ate a granola bar, and my mouth got super itchy,
at the time I never put 2 and 2 together, now I know
I am highly allergic to sunflower seeds, and its gotten worse
in the last 5 - 7 years of my life, it seriously sucks...
and I now feel bad for any poor kid who has to go through this crap!
for a long time maybe 3 - 4 years ago when I lived in LA
I ate a sandwhich with sunflower seeds I got an itchy mouth,
throat swelled SLIGHTLY, I took a benadryl and all was good!
well when I moved back to NY, my allergies really ramping it up...
I ate dounut sticks that I later learned were made in a facility that processes tree nuts and seeds,
I had a mild reaction but I took a benadryl and was A OK, but this reaction was worse,
becoz of it I got an epipen, well I moved yet again to another state NM,
this time was the mother of all reactions, like I had to inject myself with the
epipen, oddly enough... it was from hot sauce from mexico... now on the bottle it said NOTHING
about tree nuts or seeds being in it, but I suspect now theyre had to of been or, something....
Im lucky to be alive and texting to you you fine people, it started 45 min after I ate Chorizo and eggs
(same EXACT FOODS I ATE EARLY FROM THE SAME PORTION SIZE, everything was the same...
just I put that dumb hot sauce on it, I payed a god awful price, the EMT came, it was scary,
luckily god was with me and my epipen, and i lived to tell another story...my question is this
how do you avoid foods with sunflower ANYTHING in them, specially processed foods.. sure its nice
to be able to buy fresh foods and veggies but my pockets forbid it (broke) I just want
to connect with others, like me who have these horrible food allegies, advice?

Yes, I agree with the PP. Also it up to you on how you want this to control your life if you want it to he as you call it hell on earth or you can say this sucks, this is my new normal and move on learn to ask the people at restaurants or other places you get your food hay I have a food allergy I can not have sunflower seeds what can I have, most of the time they will tell you what you can and can not have

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter