Flying porter from Melborne - a great alternative

uandmfan

Mouseketeer
We flew home on Porter to Ottawa a few weeks ago and it was great. Anyone flying out of YOW or Toronto may want to consider it.

First, it was over $200/ppl cheaper for our one way flight than AC.

We were coming back from a cruise but it was an easier drive than heading to Orlando and I'd consider it even if going to Orlando

There are several car rental agencies there.

They have a playground (very small) behind security. Great for small ones. There was one video game terminal. and the kids all ended up playing tag.

Security was a breeze. No lines and super friendly.

Before security there was a small space museum the kids loved.

Hands down, a much better experience than MCO. Plus you get wine or beer on the flight;)

Thanks for sharing your experience. I hope they expand service to summer at some point so we can try it out - they seem to consider it a winter route but the fares for AC/WJ appear to be higher for summer than winter (with exceptions for holidays and March break).

I'd be more willing to do a connecting flight during the summer too...... if going from ottawa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter