Flying in to LAX- transportation?

CandMmommy

September
weve always flown to SNA but it’s about $400 cheaper to fly into LAX! How do you get from LAX to hotel near Disneyland?
Uber? There are 5 if us....
Other options?

I like karmel shuttle, but 5 people starts to add up. I’d look into a rental car.

And always look at all transportation costs before making that cheaper flight booking! Sometimes it’s just not worth it.

We will try out the Disneyland resort Express Shuttle this time...
not exactly the cheapest option but still cheaper than a rental for us... and I prefer riding in a big bus instead of a small shuttle...

Last edited:

Uber XL from LAX to HoJo is $66-86 each way (non-surge). UberX $43-57.

One hint, quite a few times we've had luck in getting an SUV that would seat 5 with UberX. I'd try UberX first and cancel if the vehicle isn't big enough.

We always use Super Shuttle. Find them decently priced, never have to wait at the airport for more then 5 minutes and they are always on time and clean vehicles.

We used Disneyland Resort Express exactly one time, never again...our driver was nice, the bus was clean, but my goodness that was the longest ride ever. And not cheap.
We use Super Shuttle, and have only experienced minor annoyances with them. There are usually coupon codes online to help with the cost.

We are flying into LAX this time also. I’ve used Karmel before, and was considering Lansky, but we were able to get a mini van rental for 24 hours including one way fee for only about $55. Way cheaper for 4 of us, and we can take our time at Target to pick up basics etc.

We always use super shuttle over Disneyland express as Disneyland express takes forever. It stops multiple times at the airport before even heading to Anaheim. Stops at the DL hotel and then we had to wait 30 minutes for them let the DL hotel people off and organize dropping everyone else off at other hotels. We were staying at PP and it took twice as long as supershuttle to get there.

With the amount of people you have you might want to look into a limo. When we had a large group a limo came out to $4 more pp than supershuttle (including the tip) and it was nice not having to wait for other groups. Plus drinks and snacks were included.

Thanks for the comments, I've been wondering the same thing. Going to DL for first time in 25 years! Just son and I there for a short time so wasn't going to get a car. Heard lots of negative about DL Express. Super Shuttle? Karmel? Limo? And once there do people use the ART? I remember so much being in walking distance (staying at Clarion) but thought bus would be a good option too. Thanks for the advice!

I’ve never had any issues when using the Disneyland Express, I’ve used it many times. Just an FYI, if you do use it, you can look up coupon codes online for 5-10 dollars off per person. I’m actually using it in September, but this time we’re flying into SNA, which I’ve never done before. I couldn’t get a code to work for that route, but maybe since it’s so much shorter, and cheaper anyway...

I have used Uber and Lyft. If you sign up ahead of time sometimes you get promo codes or offers that bring the price down. I personally would rather spend a bit more than have to deal with shuttles/busses that have multiple stops as I typically do early flights and plan on going to the parks the 1st day.... so the extra money means more park time which is worth it to us. Keep in mind you do have surge pricing so if flights are around rush hour it may not be a good deal in the end.

Golden West Express car service. Private car service. I take them all the time when going to Disneyland. $89. Very reliable and friendly.

Taking uber or lyft will be the cheapest (you’d need an XL for 5 ppl). Hiring a private car service like Lanksy will be the nicest experience but cost a lot imo. The shuttles are usually not worth it as they’re rather expensive and incredibly slow with most of them stopping at many hotels long before they take you to yours. Don’t take a taxi, it will cost you a small fortune from LAX. Be prepared to be stuck in traffic for an hour or two get into Disneyland even though LAX is so “close”. We flew into LAX instead of SNA once to save money & decided for us that I’d rather fly into SNA or not go (or drive, it’s a 7 hour drive for us from home and I’d take that over the nightmare of LAX again). Good luck and may you have more patience for that airport and that traffic than I do ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!