Flying Home Today A Few Thoughts

PrincessWithABlaster

DIS Veteran
Our vacation ends today. :sad: A few thoughts on Uni during the holidays:

Express Pass is so wonderful. It saved us so much time and energy. It’s doubly wonderful that it now applies to HP rides and HE in particular. We were able to go back and forth between parks a lot which allowed us to let the kids choose what to do more. When all 3 said they wanted to eat at 3 Broomsticks last night (in a rare show of unanimous agreement) we were able to hop and go. It is also lovely that there’s no scheduling required like a FP. Our trip was so much less scheduled than Disney. So spoiled.

The holiday attractions are great. We loved MS, the parade, the projection show, and all the decorations (especially Suess Landing). I could have done without Grinchmas (all the time spent talking and singing about Martha’s decorating was not my favorite). Max was cute though.

Jimmy Fallon was a surprisingly kid friendly ride which I wasn’t expecting. My DS5 loved it. We went on it 3 times (thanks EP). I love the ride restrictions rap. The one thing I didn’t like so much was that at least one of the clips playing while you are in line includes language not allowed here on the Disboards. It’s said very loudly in the clip so that was not so kid friendly.

Universal is amateur hour when it comes to publishing a schedule. Some things are in the app but not the printed daily schedule (somewhat understandable but I assume they had to tell TMs when to show up so they probably knew in enough time to publish it). Some things were in the printed map but not the app (Seriously?). And some things, like Grinchmas on Mon, you could only find out times for by asking TMs or walking by when the TMs were standing out front with megaphones letting everyone know the show was starting soon. A TM told us we needed to get in line early because the line gets very long. Not so when you don’t publish times. The theater was a third empty.

The RPR was beautiful with its Christmas decor. The fish tree down by Jakes was really cute. And Jakes was good. Their food is just really well done.

The Hulk is awesome. Hubby and I haven’t been on a real coaster since having kids. We don’t want to make them wait or split up that long. But DH went on it while I took kiddos on Storm Force Accelerator (thanks EP) since he gets vertigo and can’t do spinning rides. When he got off he said I had to do it and he was right. Really awesome coaster. I loved it. DD9 is tall enough but doesn’t like coasters. DD7 loves coasters and wanted to go on so badly but she’s half an inch too short.

Weather in Nov is a little chilly at night but very friendly for touring. Despite two forecasted days of all day rain and thunderstorms we only had a couple hours where ponchos were required. One of the pool servers told us that happens a lot so don’t despair if the forecast is for all day rain.

Overall we had a great time. DH was already talking about next time (DD7 has to go back for Hulk you know). :love2:

It is great to hear of your fun times. I remember you asking lots of questions on the boards (you have a star wars avatar, so of course I recognize you). I'm glad the collective knowledge of the DIS was able to help you have the best time possible. And I hope you are yet another person/family that enjoys both Uni and WDW now.

It is great to hear of your fun times. I remember you asking lots of questions on the boards (you have a star wars avatar, so of course I recognize you). I'm glad the collective knowledge of the DIS was able to help you have the best time possible. And I hope you are yet another person/family that enjoys both Uni and WDW now.

:chewy: Thanks. Yes, I asked a lot of questions even though this was our second trip. The Disboards are an awesome resource for planning trips. Thank you to everyone who helps keep the answers flowing here.

And yes, we like both Disney and Uni. They’ve both got magical things going for them. pixiedust:

Loved and appreciate the info. Going for one day, for the first time, squeezed into our Disney Christmas trip. I feel kinda lost but posts like yours are helping! Hoping to love Universal and a return trip in the future if it goes well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter