• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Florida Resident's Rate ?

IMGONNABE40!

<font color=green>Okay, I already am 40, but if I
My mom and her DH live in Florida (about 2.5 hours from UO). We are lucky enough to be able to combine a UO trip with a visit to Mom a couple of times a year. Last year Mom and her DH stayed at the HRH for a night to help celebrate my birthday. We were naive about getting good rates at that point in time and they did not get a great rate (although they were upgraded to a king suite without asking!).

This year we will be at RPR for the 4th of July. It also happens to be mom and DH's anniversary. We would like to have them join us for the weekend and pay for their room. Now for my questions. They qualify for FL resident's rate, but how and when do I book this? I have heard that those rates only become available a couple of months in advance. Is this the case? Will I be able to book the resident's rate and pay for it even though I am not a FL resident? Should I book now to secure the room and see if I can get a better resident's rate later and switch to that? Are the resident's rates any better than AP, E rates, Fan Club etc.? We are staying AP rate $156/nt and can get the same rate for thier room since we have 3 AP's.

What do you think, FL residents? Thank you.

Hey there. They do have them a couple of months in advance. Not sure if they will in July though. I got one in Sept. Stayed at PBH for $169 with that discount. Now as for booking it: Pretend you are your mom. Book it in her name with her address. If not they will not honor it. When checking in have her show her license as proof of florida resident and then have the charges added to your bill, or just give them cash to pay for it. It would probably be the easiest way. They are sticklers about that.

Hope that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter