Florida Annual Pass Moving Question

happilyeverafterdw

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I was hoping to get some advice from anyone that has done this before. I will be moving to Florida this summer. I will be purchasing an annual pass, however, I was hoping that I could purchase it ahead of time prior to moving down that way I can plan and reserve a trip for my first week of being down there. My question is: Is this possible? Can I purchase the AP prior to moving down to get the Florida resident discount? When purchasing the pass, I plan on having the address of where I will be moving & planned on showing bank statements upon arrival at the gate showing my residency since my apartment will be under my name prior to me actually moving (about a month early).

Thank you!

We used to be part-year Florida residents, and I remember using our electric bill to prove residency. Now that we're considering returning to Florida in a few years... Have the rules changed with regard to what constitutes proof?

:welcome: to DISboards!

I believe that it will difficult to get a resident AP early via the internet without a credit card billed to a Florida address. Once you are there in person there is a list of documents on the AP web page that Disney will accept as proof of residency. We are snowbirds and use utility bills, one in my name and one in my wife's name, as proof of residency. We have always done our resident AP's in person at a ticket window.

Good luck on your move to Florida!

Hopefully someone else chimes in, but I believe a possible option for you would be to buy tickets for the trip you want to plan, then upgrade to FL AP when you get there with proof of residency. Would that work?

Ok so we were in a very similar situation not too long ago. However, we already have property there and so have bills, bank statements etc... We tried to purchase our FL AP's from our out of state address with no luck. We called various departments and got different answers. Some said its because the card we were using was not registered to florida, some said they system was reading the IP address and not allowing it etc... Some said it was our banks fault.... It was nuts. I went into Chase and explained it all, we changed our address to our Florida address as we are part-timers there and made sure all information was up to date. We waited a few days to make sure all systems were good and tried again using a card registered to our florida address... no beans, nada... lol

Being on the phone for hours didn't work either, we were going to get a family member who lives there to go in and do it in person for us but it was just too complicated. In the end we simply purchased special offer tickets for the duration of our stay (we wanted them early so we could use them on an upcoming trip and get the 60 days out) and used them for fast passes etc.. On our first day there we went to the TTC and converted these tickets into FL Residents AP's, took all of our proof of residency etc.. and now we will simply renew them when the time comes as its so much hassle letting them expire and then doing it all over again!

Sorry that it isn't sprinkled in pixie dust, just want to try and save you some time and lots of stress!

Hi, I hope some knows the answer to this.. how do you handle fast passes if you are an AP living in FLA and don't have a resort reservatiom, ?? Since fast passes are booked based on your resort reservation date.
thanks.

Regarding booking FPs, you can book at 30 days with your FL resident AP, no resort ressie required. We do it all the time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter