flights sold out for next march already!!

sdptalk

Mouseketeer
:eek: Tried to book flights for next March 26th (day before 3/27 Western) and all of the flights from Indy are already sold out! We just needed five seats--they didn't even have to be together! Ended up getting flights out on 3/25. The kids will just get an extra day for spring break I guess.;)

Just thought all of you spring breakers would like to know.

Sandy

Not all of the flights between Indy and Orlando are sold out that day. You may want to specify the airline in the future.

And yet another good reason to leave Indiana - limited flights during holiday season.

Rae

P.S.

Delta still has flights out.

We had waited every day and checked flights for our March 2004 cruise. As soon as our days opened up we were on the phone. We thought if we bought tickets early enough we could get a good deal. We had 8 people needing seats. Each time I called the airlines I was told all of the cheaper seats were gone and we would need to pay the higher fees. After the third airline told me the same story I got angry and ask how they could have possibly sold out of all the cheaper seats. I was told that the airline will only release about 4 or 5 seat at a cheaper rate then when those are gone the will release a few more. Well that didn't help us because we needed 8 seats. They would only sell us a few at the cheaper rate and then wanted almost double to triple for the rest of the seats. We decided to drive again. At some point they would have opened up the other seat at a cheaper rate then what they wanted us to pay.
So if you have a larger group wanting to fly GOOD LUCK!
We will stick with driving. Our costs for driving is a fourth of what the airlines wanted for tickets. More money to spend on the cruise.

Thanks for the heads up, we booked our flights as soon as the airline would take reservations, about 2 weeks ago for the 3/20 Magic... amazing...i thought the airline industry was having problems.

Rae...Too funny. Like I said before, You can take the girl out of NY
...BUT... You can't take NY out of the girl.

Come on home girlfriend!!!

United and US Air are both sold out. I had heard too many horror stories to even contact Delta. We will just keep our 'day early' tickets.

I thought the airlines were having trouble too;)

Sandy

You can still book flights for United and US Air on their websites for that day, so apparently they are not really sold out.

Doing a quick search, every available airline from IND - MCO have flights available. Cheapest I could find was Delta at $243/person. Delta and ATA are non-stop.

It's very difficult to find discounted rates for any airline this far out (10 months). You'll need to wait to get the cheap seats.

When I tried to book flights for March 26 the reservation person told me that he could not find 5 seats on any flights that day. I know that some websites will pull up flights scheduled for a requested date but when you try to pay and confirm them they will tell you that they are not available. That happened to me serveral times on AOL travel.

Anyway, I am happy with leaving Thursday night instead of Friday. We will just have an extra day of vacation.

Sandy

I hope you enjoy your trip. I wasn't trying to argue really, it's just that your original post was so generalized that it has or will probably scare a few people and cause them to panic, change their plans, or pay higher fares than is really necessary. It's extremely rare that any flight would be sold out more than 60 days out, and we're still 10 months away, so I question what the reservations people told you. It may be that they have only released a certain number of seats to sell for those flights at this time, but I don't know what you were specifically looking for. Therefore, any idea I can come up with is mere speculation, so I'll leave it at that.

I'm glad that you were able to find a flight that worked for you and your family, and like I said, I hope you enjoy your trip.

Originally posted by Mjasp
Rae...Too funny. Like I said before, You can take the girl out of NY
...BUT... You can't take NY out of the girl.

Come on home girlfriend!!!

And I thank God for that every morning, noon and night!

New York Born
New York Breed
and when I die, I will be
New York Dead!

(To paraphrase our Texas Disboard member!)

Rae

Originally posted by sdptalk
United and US Air are both sold out. I had heard too many horror stories to even contact Delta. We will just keep our 'day early' tickets.

I thought the airlines were having trouble too;)

Sandy

We have used Delta without any problems (Indy to Orlando) for our past 5 cruises and have them scheduled for a few more.
They haven't given us any problems at all - maybe we are just lucky!

I did have a problem with the Indy clearance bar this past trip -I didn't know it was lowered due to 9/11 and took off my luggage rack to a tune of $2029.00 ($250 deductible). Live and learn.

I've paid as much as $190 for one round trip and as little as $136. You get a voucher if the price is lowered and I check their site A LOT to see if it has. We leave in the early, early AM the day of the cruise and get the return flight around 11AM the day we get back to the Port. Never a problem. KNOCK ON WOOD!

Maybe God thinks I suffer enough being a New Yorker and residing here in Indiana.

Rae

Rae,

Sorry to hear about your luggage rack. :eek:

I read and loved the poem about your daughter. You will be remembered in my prayers.

Sandy

Good morning, Rae!

Maybe God thinks I suffer enough being a New Yorker and residing here in Indiana.

Word has it that God (NOT George Burns) created Indiana in His own image. Either He's understanding or you're in a heap of trouble... lol...

sdptalk - yes, losing a luggage rack at 4:30AM on the first day of the cruise does tend to put things in perspective!!! Considering a driver should always know their vehicles clearance and be prepared for lowered clearance bars!!!

Thanks for your words about Kayla and for visiting her site. She was a wonderful person and her passing served a greater purpose in giving life to others. I do miss her very much but was been a blessing to have had her in my life even for those 7 short years.

BD - Hoosiers might think that - but I'm a New Yorker and always will be - so I know better!
You know their "catch phrase" is Back Home Again in Indiana and you can hear the song sung by Jim Nabors right before their big event (Indy 500).
Oh brother!~

Rae

their "catch phrase" is Back Home Again in Indiana and you can hear the song sung by Jim Nabors right before their big event (Indy 500).

Right before the INDY 500? I thought Jim Nabors singing Home Again in Indiana commemorated the start of Sashay Hawkins Day (you know, Rae, the gay equivalent to Sadie Hawkins Day)...

BD - Golly!
And here I thought you were Jim's biggest fan! Guess his collection went out the window with those Milli Vanilli LP's, ehhh?

Rae

Not to mention Vanilla Ice singing his rendition of David Bowe and Bing Crosby's White Christmas...

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Thinking more of Roseanne Barr singing the National Anthem.

Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter