"Flexible" pricing question

Sarabi's Cubs

DIS Veteran
With the new flexible pricing system where you have to input the first day of your trip, does Disney hold you to that? On the website, it says that the tickets do not have to be used on consecutive days so it gives you a range of when you can use them. Since our actual dates are over the holidays and we plan on being in the parks every day, if I put our first day 3 days earlier, we can still use the tickets through our checkout day and they are about $40 cheaper per ticket. Does it matter if you don't use the tickets on the 1st day you said you would arrive?

Laurie

No refunds to move to a lower priced date but you are going to be forced into the higher prices ticket - at least that’s how I read this:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ticket-booking-updates/

My guess is that you would go to use the ticket and they would scan your MB and realize the associated ticket wasn’t first used on the first date and send you over to a counter to pay the additional cost... but if someone has any knowledge of how this is actually working that be better...

Also are you looking at Disney or undercover tourist... as of this afternoon they still had the tickets priced from before the price hike- so I would buy there myself

My understanding of the “flexible” option is that the dates you initially choose won’t apply. First use can be anytime from when you purchase until 12/31/2020, and then good for 14 days from first use. I believe the “flexible” up charge essentially puts cost at the current max price. This is what the website says:

Flexible Dates Option
With this option, you don’t have to choose dates. The first day of use of your ticket can be any day on or before December 31, 2020. Plus, you get more days to use your ticket. When you add this option, you have 14 days (from first use) to use all your ticket days.

Enjoy your vacation!

With the new flexible pricing system where you have to input the first day of your trip, does Disney hold you to that? On the website, it says that the tickets do not have to be used on consecutive days so it gives you a range of when you can use them. Since our actual dates are over the holidays and we plan on being in the parks every day, if I put our first day 3 days earlier, we can still use the tickets through our checkout day and they are about $40 cheaper per ticket. Does it matter if you don't use the tickets on the 1st day you said you would arrive?

Laurie

We bought tickets with a start date of July 7 because it was a few dollars less. We will not use them until July 9. There will not be an additional charge for using them after the date you chose. This does not change your last day to use them.

For example...we have 9 day tickets. They can be used any time from July 7 through July 19. If our first day is July 9, our last day is still July 19.

I think I actually used the wrong term when I said flexible pricing. I meant to ask about the date based pricing. Our trip is Dec 20-26, and we're getting 7-day parkhoppers. When I put a start date of Dec 20 in, the Disney site says the tickets are "valid for any 7 days from 12/20-12/29 and cost 638.96 per adult. Well, we will be gone those last 3 days and won't need the tickets then. If I put our start date in as 12/17, it says "valid for any 7 days from 12/17-12/26" and the price is 600.33. So do I take the website literally that we get those tickets, arrive on the 20th and use the tickets for 7 consecutive days? Or do we have to use them on the 17th and then can use for 7 days up until the 26th?

Laurie

Ah, sorry I misunderstood.

A 7-day ticket may be used on any 7 days within 10 days of the start date. As long as your park days fall within the 10-day window, you may purchase tickets with an earlier start date than your actual arrival. There is no requirement to “activate” or use on that initial date.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter