Fleetwood Mac-"what we have now is better than what we ever had before."

And though Rumours happened during a time of upheaval, it doesn't follow that the upheaval caused the greatness. In fact, it probably kept them from even more.

I have to respectfully disagree-Rumours and some of the best songs on Rumours don't happen without the angst.

Would be hard to improve on one of the Top 10 albums of ALL TIME.

I have seen Lindsey since, and he was great, as always. Unfortunately, he had massive heart surgery not long ago and is sidelined for now. It makes me really glad I had a chance to see him again so recently. He seemed happy.
Agree- we saw him in Concert shortly before his medical emergency and it was an amazing,high-energy performance.

He was real excited about the future and could not have been any more appreciative to the audience-you would have thought he was a struggling new act trying to win over the crowd!

Hoping for a full recovery for Lindsey and one more tour with the other 4.

Stranger things have happened.:)

The CD of Bare Trees is readily available on Amazon. Also if you like this check out Future Games. IMO pre-Rumors FM was far superior to anything that came after. Used to be a big fan until Stevie and Lindsey joined. Totally lost me at that point.
Thank you! I have it on CD. Initially I had trouble finding it on electronic media, but I think it's more readily available now, as I was eventually able to download it. I enjoy listening to it in the car, it's calming, lol. :goodvibes

Thank you! I have it on CD. Initially I had trouble finding it on electronic media, but I think it's more readily available now, as I was eventually able to download it. I enjoy listening to it in the car, it's calming, lol. :goodvibes
All except for the closing poem. :duck:

I will say this about Christine-she may well be the best-looking 75 year old I have ever seen-she has aged very well.
fleetwood-mac-2018-randee-st-nicholas-billboard-1548.jpg

she ought to hook up with 77 year old Robert Kraft, he is on the prowl

Also to be fair, last time I heard Lindsey sing, he sounded awful. Still great on guitar, though.

Are you referring to his singing on that video? He sounds fine to me here, though that performance is 15 years ago.

I have to respectfully disagree-Rumours and some of the best songs on Rumours don't happen without the angst.

Would be hard to improve on one of the Top 10 albums of ALL TIME.

First of all it is not one of the top 10 albums of all time. Secondly Just look at the Mets. They hated each other and won a world series right? So it must be that that won em one. Wrong. They won one despite that, not because of that. They had the talent to win 3 or 4 and be a dynasty. They only won one. Fleetwood Mac was similar. Their feuding and drug abuse held them back. Abused children sometimes end up great. Does that mean the abuse led to greatness and we should abuse all children? Absolutely not. Similar faulty reasoning.

she ought to hook up with 77 year old Robert Kraft, he is on the prowl

Kraft likes em younger, and more captive.

Are you referring to his singing on that video? He sounds fine to me here, though that performance is 15 years ago.

I'm not Gumbo but that was hideous. And he's even worse now. Truth be told he was never much more than passable. And the girls harmonies hid a lot of his deficiencies.

Rumours is in the top ten list of sales and deservedly so in my opinion. Also, Lindsey is a fabulous guitarist but was never much of a singer to me. I like him though but then I like all of them.

As for the arguing in the band, they have been at it for so many years and they're probably all sick of it. I keep imagining that Mick Fleetwood finally decided that enough is enough.

First of all it is not one of the top 10 albums of all time. Secondly Just look at the Mets. They hated each other and won a world series right? So it must be that that won em one. Wrong. They won one despite that, not because of that. They had the talent to win 3 or 4 and be a dynasty. They only won one. Fleetwood Mac was similar. Their feuding and drug abuse held them back. Abused children sometimes end up great. Does that mean the abuse led to greatness and we should abuse all children? Absolutely not. Similar faulty reasoning.

A lot of great songs have their genesis in the emotional turmoil of love gone wrong. That's what was at the heart of the creativity behind Rumours -- all those songwriters mining their broken hearts for inspiration.

That's not an endorsement for stalled songwriters to tank their love lives to achieve greatness, it's simply a common phenomenon that's been known to happen a time or twelve.

You're so vein oh wait that's a different song. Quite a statement indeed, yet this trashing of a former bandmate has been happening for years and years now. Yet that's what people with narcissism do.

That is what I thought,but I saw in another post that it is not-maybe it has recently been "knocked out" of the Top Ten?
Maybe. But considering that it was in the middle of that list then some very successful items have been coming out recently. I also wonder how they measure this nowadays?

Last edited:
Looks like Rumours is #10 at 20 million copies. But when you consider Hootie and the Blowfish are ahead at #9, how seriously can you take this list? This list is from August of last year, not sure if it's been updated since then. Gotta wonder if "Thriller" at number 2 might slow down in sales due to recent developments. He's still way ahead of number 3 though.
http://mentalfloss.com/article/62536/20-best-selling-albums-history

Looks like Rumours is #10 at 20 million copies.
Thanks,I thought it was still Top 10.:)

The way I look at it is I don't know if they would have had 3 or 4 Top 10 albums without the angst-to me that can only be opinion and speculation.

What I DO know is that the angst "produced" a Top 10 album and some of my favorite songs(The Chain,Go Your Own Way)!:)

I've always loved Lindsey's voice from those 70s and 80s records. Oh man, Lindsey's vocals on Tusk, like "Save Me a Place" and "Walk a Thin Line," I had heart eyes as a teenager. But I also got into Fleetwood Mac later, when his voice had started to age, so I think I was already accustomed to how he came to sound. I mean, my favorite Fleetwood Mac song is "Bleed to Love Her" from The Dance and I think he sounds perfect there, and great on all songs on that album! But I did get used to his solo voice as he got older and how he managed to make his live performances work as well. Fine with it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts