First week of Paradise Pier and Main Street Closures

Were the two main street hubs were walled off on January 8th? I am sad that there are so many walls up. My sister is going next week with her family and hasn't been for 8 years. I'm hoping for a small miracle that some of the work on Main street will get finished soon.
Nope. We arrived on the 8th and our first day in the parks was the 9th and no walls. Morning of the 10th, the hub in front of the castle was walled off. Morning of the 11th, the town square was walled off. Glad we missed the walls running down Main Street...and that we took photos at the hub on that Tuesday instead of waiting.

I've been watching the Disneyland calendar for our upcoming trip. Saw this morning that March 15th the Main Street Vehicles are no longer listed as under refurbishment! So hopefully the walls will be coming down before that!

We are coming from Canada tomorrow, and this will be our first DL trip in 10 years, and possibly our last (WDW and other travel plans instead). Our flights were booked and other arrangements made just before they announced the Main Street construction or we would have delayed our trip. I am bummed that they didn't give more notice, because it is a big deal having the parks this disrupted especially for international travelers. BUT no trip is ever ideal, and we will have a marvelous, magical, heck of a time by hook or by crook!

I've been watching the Disneyland calendar for our upcoming trip. Saw this morning that March 15th the Main Street Vehicles are no longer listed as under refurbishment! So hopefully the walls will be coming down before that!

That is great for those travelling for Spring Break - from that timing they'll likely be taking them down as we are leaving...oh well could have bigger problems.

It looks like from your signature we will be going around the same time in March! God I'm hoping they at least have a lot of the Main Street stuff done by the time we go!

It looks like March 15th shows the vehicles back up and running - our last park day will the March 9th so I am fully expecting to have the walls up when we are there. Sadly. Others seem to be managing - as crappy as it is we have seen the place in it's full glory so we can't complain.

It looks like March 15th shows the vehicles back up and running - our last park day will the March 9th so I am fully expecting to have the walls up when we are there. Sadly. Others seem to be managing - as crappy as it is we have seen the place in it's full glory so we can't complain.
I think there is a good chance some of the work will be completed before you leave. I’m there end of February and early March so hoping at least one or both hubs will be open. I guess we just can’t count on it.

SOCALMouseMommy thanks for keeping us updated! :thanks:

We are there from March 8-15...first park day being the 9th...so we will just have to hope stuff starts getting finished faster!

Oh and the last time we were at Disneyland was when they had a huge chunk walled off to build Cars Land...so it seems we can't escape the California construction!

This is why we decided to drop a last minute plan to visit Disneyland and DCA next week. Way too many walls and blocked off areas. We are going in May and crossing our fingers most of it will be down. We went during the huge DCA overhaul and that was nutty. Nothing but walking around detours and walls up all over. I learned that it's best to wait it out. At least Star Wars Land isn't impacting much in terms of what's already in place.

Looks like Main Street operations will return on Friday, March 16 and fireworks with RDCT the day before.

March 16th you say...and then DCA is late April is that right?

Not quite. There hasn't been an opening date announced for the DCA stuff yet, just "summer". So that could be May or June. The Pixar parade and fireworks and Paint the Night parade are all set to start in April though.

IMG_7633.JPG More walls in Fantasyland. Casey Jr. Circus Train and Storybookland Canal Boats are down for refurb, along with Dumbo.

It looks like they have run out of themed walls and are resorting to black tarps for all the walls! We were there last Saturday and even though I've been keeping up with the progress, Main Street seemed worse than I was expecting. I really hope they needed to wall off that much of Main Street in order to get the project done quickly. If they don't have enough man power to work on all of it at once but walled it off anyway, that is sad for everyone visiting. It wasn't such a big deal to us because we will be back, but there are a lot of infrequent or once in a lifetime visitors that will have great memories of walls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter