• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First time for everything?! Boyfriends first visit.

Bravemouse

Earning My Ears
Hello!

I'm headed to Japan very soon in October! I will be stopping off in Turkey first to meet my boyfriends parents and his family :hug:, then we will be heading off to Japan! It will be his first time flying overseas or leaving Turkey and he is a little nervous. :scared1:

We will be spending a full day at Disney sea and a full day at Disneyland! I'm super pumped and can't wait to go!:banana: However my boyfriend doesn't seem to share as much excitement as me :confused:, apparently he hasn't even watched very many Disney movies. I bought him a Psp as a surprise so he feels better about flying and doesn't get too bored. I was thinking of putting on Disney movies but i don't want to put on anything too kidish (Beauty and the beast, The little mermaid, Even though they are my favorite :) ) I wanted to put some movies on that would have to do with some of the rides (Like Who framed roger rabbit) Any ideas? What kind of Disney movies do your husbands/boyfriends or significant others love to watch?

I was also thinking of doing something special for him since it's his first time coming to Disney, is there anything in Tokyo Disney you can do for a nice surprise? Or should i just let the magic speak for itself? :)
Any helpful tips or tricks for our trip would be great! Thanks!

Pirates, Star Wars, and Indiana Jones are the first movies with ride tie-ins that pop into my head and since they're live action, they might be more appealing to your boyfriend than the "childish" animated movies. As for traditional animated films, my boyfriend picks Aladdin, Alice in Wonderland, Wall-E, Up, and The Incredibles as his favorites. (Though the last three don't have much, if any, presence in the parks.) Saving Mr. Banks is a great movie that will at least have him singing along with Let's Go Fly A Kite on the monorail. :rotfl:

I wouldn't worry about trying to do something extra special. You'll have plenty to fill up your two days in the parks as it is -- and the two of you being on vacation together, and it being his first time travelling internationally -- will be special enough. That said, Disney isn't everyone's cup of tea and sometimes it takes time to grow on a person, so don't feel pressured that he MUST love Disney to have a good time. Even if he doesn't seem that into it while you're there it may be the type of thing that he remembers more fondly in retrospect. Just focus on the fact that you are on vacation together, creating new memories, trying new foods, experiencing a different culture... Relax and go with it. The magic will follow. pixiedust:

International flights have an outrageously large selection of all kinds of entertainment on a video screen right in front of you for your personal selection.

International flights have an outrageously large selection of all kinds of entertainment on a video screen right in front of you for your personal selection.

Unless you happen to be on one of the legacy US carriers whose outdated in-flight entertainment (along with all of the other soft products) is laughable compared to the flagship Asian and Middle Eastern airlines that is! I'm looking at you, United!

Unless you happen to be on one of the legacy US carriers whose outdated in-flight entertainment (along with all of the other soft products) is laughable compared to the flagship Asian and Middle Eastern airlines that is! I'm looking at you, United!

Maybe I got lucky? I flew United in 2012 and had a huge array of entertainment channels, including interactive gaming, a huge list of movies in many categories, and tons of music.

Maybe I got lucky? I flew United in 2012 and had a huge array of entertainment channels, including interactive gaming, a huge list of movies in many categories, and tons of music.

It depends on what plane you get when you travel. I have been on the flight you were on where there were lots of entertainment options as it was a newer plane and the one fightinillini229 was on where I get around ten channels for my flight to Japan.

Usually I prepare for plane travel with my own entertainment on my tablet.

Although there isn't a ride for it, I recommend watching Hercules, one of my favorites. Lots of fighting and Disney magic in it. I always enjoy Wall-E and the Toy Story trilogy as well, Toy Story being involved in Midway Mania and Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster's attraction.

I say let the magic speak for itself but do make plans between the two of you on what you want to do so you don't spend half the day wondering what to do. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter