• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First time ADR-maker - opinions???

Duckiedee

Every Day is Better at Disney
Hi there!

We are not going until Oct 26 - Nov 4 - and I can't make ADRs until April 28... we are staying at the CBR 12 days and touring the parks ten. It is our first time and it is my DH, myself and our will be 5-year-old DD who is definately princess-loving.

I've planned to the 31 with some thought into the last four days, but waiting to confirm park hours.

Was wondering if you see any problems with what I have planned... we are doing Deluxe dining - we love to sit and eat and digest and DH and DD need these breaks (I on the other hand can tour foodless all day... but hey, I'll enjoy this too!) not going to combat a cranky family!

We will probably hit all days at the park when it opens as we are early touring types.

TIA for any comments - much appreciated!

Tues Oct 26
MK open to close... perhaps a break in the afternoon at hotel - but we will probably have so much adrenaline we will likely not stop!
Br. In room (we plan on doing much signature and character dining so can save credits here and I like some control over that first meal in terms of nutrition!)
Lunch - Counter Service (recommendations?)

MK closes at 7
Supper - 7:45 at Rose and Crown Epcot and stay for Illuminations since there is no fireworks at MK that night.

Weds
AK opens 9 to 5
Br. Tusker House 8 a.m.
Lunch Flame Tree BBQ or Pizzafari

Heading back to CSR for rest/swim.

Taking DD to Neverland Club then going to MK as it closes at 9.
It's my birthday so..
Supper - California Grill 7:30 hoping for pixie dust and a window seat for Wishes.

Thurs
Epcot opens at 9.
Br. in room
Lunch - Coral Reef (because of the interest factor) or Tutto Italian.
Back to CSR in afternoon for rest.
Supper
Aloha Dinner Show at Poly for 5:15.

That night MNSSHP - I've heard it is cool to go after the show by monorail into the created fog etc...

Fri.
MK in morning.
Br. in room
Bibbidi Bobbidi Bootique Reservations for 9:30ish...
CRT for noonish reservations.
CSR rest
Early dinner at DHS 50's Primetime

Sat.
Br. in room - DH going to Richard Petty Driving Experience in morning.
we might go to 'support'. or go to parks.
Lunch MK Liberty Tree Tavern for 1:30 res.
5 p.m Hoop Dee Do then heading to MK for Spectromagic and Wishes.

Sun 31
Boma 8 a.m.
Then head to Typhoon Lagoon for day if weather permits...
Happy landings for lunch... (and garbage pail ice cream)

Le Cellier or Teppen Edo for supper? Thoughts???

Will post more on the remaining Nov dates after I have some feedback on these.

Thanks for helping out a newbie!!!!

Hi there!

We are not going until Oct 26 - Nov 4 - and I can't make ADRs until April 28... we are staying at the CBR 12 days and touring the parks ten. It is our first time and it is my DH, myself and our will be 5-year-old DD who is definately princess-loving.

I've planned to the 31 with some thought into the last four days, but waiting to confirm park hours.

Was wondering if you see any problems with what I have planned... we are doing Deluxe dining - we love to sit and eat and digest and DH and DD need these breaks (I on the other hand can tour foodless all day... but hey, I'll enjoy this too!) not going to combat a cranky family!

We will probably hit all days at the park when it opens as we are early touring types.

TIA for any comments - much appreciated!

Tues Oct 26
MK open to close... perhaps a break in the afternoon at hotel - but we will probably have so much adrenaline we will likely not stop!
Br. In room (we plan on doing much signature and character dining so can save credits here and I like some control over that first meal in terms of nutrition!)
Lunch - Counter Service (recommendations?) We love Columbia Harbour House.

MK closes at 7
Supper - 7:45 at Rose and Crown Epcot and stay for Illuminations since there is no fireworks at MK that night. We are not a huge fan of Rose and Crown...our kids are not fans of the kids menu.

Weds
AK opens 9 to 5
Br. Tusker House 8 a.m. Our favorite character meal in WDW. LOVE it. Great food, great characters and perfect location to start your day at AK.:)
Lunch Flame Tree BBQ or Pizzafari We enjoy both. We love the ribs at Flame Tree. DH and I love the Hot Italian sandwich and the kids are ok with the pizza. :)

It's my birthday so..
Supper - California Grill 7:30 hoping for pixie dust and a window seat for Wishes. Never been but I am sure you will love it! Happy Birthday! :cake:

Thurs
Epcot opens at 9.
Br. in room
Lunch - Coral Reef (because of the interest factor) or Tutto Italian. We enjoy them both, but with your DD I would definately choose Coral Reef. :fish:
Supper
Aloha Dinner Show at Poly for 5:15. Never been...I have read it is a can be a long show so I have never attempted it with our kids.

That night MNSSHP - I've heard it is cool to go after the show by monorail into the created fog etc...

Fri.
MK in morning.
Br. in room
CRT for noonish reservations. Wonderful experience for little princessesprincess:.
CSR rest
Early dinner at DHS 50's Primetime We enjoy 50's Primetime. The PB&J milkshake is fabulous.

Sat.
Lunch MK Liberty Tree Tavern for 1:30 res. Never been. We have it scheduled for Aug. :)
5 p.m Hoop Dee Do then heading to MK for Spectromagic and Wishes. Never been.

Sun 31
Boma 8 a.m. Never been but are eating there in Aug.

Le Cellier or Teppen Edo for supper? Thoughts??? Food is excellent at both..but with your DD I would recommend Teppan Edo. It is one of our kids favorites!

HTH! :goodvibes

The only problem I see is that you are planning on doing the Aloha show at Poly and then heading to MNSSHP. Even though the party doesn't officially begin until 7, you can use your MNSSHP ticket to get into the park at 4. We usually try to do an early dinner on MNSSHP night so that we can get the best value out of our tickets. You might also be pushing it to make it there by 7 since I have heard the aloha show can run kinda long. :confused3

When we do a MNSSHP we take two days off from the park tickets. One the day of the party and the next day after the party. The party goes til 12 midnight. I don't see how your daughter will be up and at MK by 9am.

Do you have an AP? If not, then I would make the day after and the day of the party your days to not use the park ticket. You can use your party ticket and get into the MK at 4pm.

Thank you, thank you!

We are not AP members... we are only there for those 10 days and arrival and departure days.

We will be off from lunch until the Poly show, and the next morning will be going later to make our reservations (pixie dust willing!) to the BBB and then CRT... rest that afternoon as well, so hopefully she'll be okay...

We kinda wanted to wait and arrive when it was darkish to the MNSSHP and probably won't push it to stay until midnight... she couldn't do that on the best of days! LOL... I think the latest she's ever made it to was 10:30 and she WON'T sleep in past 9 on a really, really tired morning... a blessing and a curse!!!!

I know the tickets are kinda expensive - but we were intending to be there from about 7 to about 10/10:30.

Does that seem more practical? If she seems she can last longer we would probably stay a little later, but I'm trying to have reasonable expecatations on her stamina... that's why we are touring 10 days so we can rest daily for a good chunk in the afternoons.

Tues Oct 26
Lunch - Counter Service (recommendations?) Cosmic Rays- so many choices

MK closes at 7
Supper - 7:45 at Rose and Crown Epcot and stay for Illuminations since there is no fireworks at MK that night.

Weds
AK opens 9 to 5
Br. Tusker House 8 a.m.
Lunch Flame Tree BBQ or Pizzafari Flame Tree- Disney pizza is nothing special

It's my birthday so..
Supper - California Grill 7:30 hoping for pixie dust and a window seat for Wishes. Make sure they know its your bday and you will have a better shot!

Thurs
Epcot opens at 9.
Br. in room
Lunch - Coral Reef (because of the interest factor) or Tutto Italian. Coral Reef! You can't beat the view. You can eat Italian food anywhere.
Supper

Fri.
MK in morning.
Br. in room
CRT for noonish reservations.
CSR rest
Early dinner at DHS 50's Primetime

Sat.
Lunch MK Liberty Tree Tavern for 1:30 res.
5 p.m Hoop Dee Do then heading to MK for Spectromagic and Wishes.

Sun 31
Boma 8 a.m.

Le Cellier or Teppen Edo for supper? Thoughts??? LE CELLIER!

Hi there!

Thurs
Epcot opens at 9.
Br. in room
Lunch - Coral Reef (because of the interest factor) or Tutto Italian.
Supper

If you pick a lunch spot outside of a park then you won't waste a park ticket day for lunch. I would make that day one of your days off from the 10-day park tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter