First Solo Trip in October

Disneylover1970

Mouseketeer
I’m going on my first solo trip the 3rd week of October. I have a ticket for MNSSHP and getting an Annual Pass. Any recommendations on must do dining reservations or my other things? Photography is my hobby, so this will be a big part of my trip. BTW, I’ve never had an AP, any advice?

I loved 1900 Park Fare for breakfast....character buffet but the food was excellent. A little of everything. Still figuring out different meals though. What are your specific dates? I will be there in mid-October.

Well, I go solo every October but usually don't make a dining reservation since it's the food and wine festival. Will get counter service or hit a bar if I'm not Epcot. I also did Victoria and Albert's one year. Although this year I'm adding a day and going early the first day and leaving late the last so it's almost like I'm adding two days, so I might try and add a reservation for a place I haven't been before.

Thank you, I’ll look these up. I’m there October 24-30. I forgot about the Food and Wine Festival. Not sure if I’m going to make any dining reservations, maybe, but was thinking mainly counter service.

Consider an ADR at a sit-down restaurant on Saturday and avoid Epcot and the F&W crowds. Saturdays are absolutely crazy at Epcot during F&W.

My best advice, and this may sound simple, but do whatever it is you want to do. The first time I took a break just to sit and rest, I felt like I was wasting my time. Only after did I realize that it was ridiculous to feel that way, as the point of being there was to be happy and have fun. Sometimes it's racing from ride to ride or enjoying a nice meal. And sometimes it's plopping yourself down in some shade and not doing anything for a few minutes.

I'd also recommend Grand Floridian Cafe for a solo breakfast. I found that looking out the window, in the back room away from the loud parties, while sipping my tea and waiting for pancakes was one of my favorite moments of the trip. The atmosphere couldn't be beat for a peaceful morning at WDW. Perfection.

I’m going on my first solo trip the 3rd week of October. I have a ticket for MNSSHP and getting an Annual Pass. Any recommendations on must do dining reservations or my other things? Photography is my hobby, so this will be a big part of my trip. BTW, I’ve never had an AP, any advice?
Have a great time. I am doing my first solo trip October 10-20. An AP gives you a license to relax a bit - because you know you have access for a year, that sense of urgency to "get your money's worth" on a Park day ticket, dissipates. Take advantage of the associated discounts, "freebies" and on occassion the AP holder previews.

And don't forget that AP holders can purchase a Tables in Wonderland card.

Love solo trips. I usually got solo in Sept. Just got my first AP.

Really difficult (for me) to suggest "must do" dining. I know the places I love; Biergarten, 50's Prime Time, Liberty Tree. I'm going to Sci-Fi for the first time this trip.
You've been to the World before? What dining have you done on other trips?

My best advice, and this may sound simple, but do whatever it is you want to do. The first time I took a break just to sit and rest, I felt like I was wasting my time. Only after did I realize that it was ridiculous to feel that way, as the point of being there was to be happy and have fun. Sometimes it's racing from ride to ride or enjoying a nice meal. And sometimes it's plopping yourself down in some shade and not doing anything for a few minutes.

I'd also recommend Grand Floridian Cafe for a solo breakfast. I found that looking out the window, in the back room away from the loud parties, while sipping my tea and waiting for pancakes was one of my favorite moments of the trip. The atmosphere couldn't be beat for a peaceful morning at WDW. Perfection.

The Grand Floridian Resort seems to have some of the best breakfasts across the entire property.

Am I reading it incorrectly?

20% off. Automatic 18% gratuity. So for a solo traveler that means really only 2% off.

Am I reading it incorrectly?

20% off. Automatic 18% gratuity. So for a solo traveler that means really only 2% off.

The gratuity is already there anyway......only difference is it's automatically included. You get 10% discount on average with your AP, so I am just letting you know this is an option if you want greater savings and would be at the parks enough to recoup the cost, which I assume you would with an AP.

I go solo every year for F&W and eat most of meals from the booths or pick up a couple of the food and wine pairing meals. Best advice for going solo is just relax and enjoy the place. While I do ride rides, I don't really focus on that as much as walking around the parks and taking in the details. As far as photos, make sure you are at Epcot at night, the monorail going around, SSE are great. Go to the part of FW where the living seas is located, just around dusk as the sun is setting SSE will reflect off the water in the little stream back there.
NCAjA5jl2HbQLGA014vf94ziiKBR-IjJOWkH8ELo665jAHmqerMAfNnzK7ua8ZNN7y5MuHyq5fmVD7WdqgfXLa0tRU1v5OxXssLflOT3aaTywUUj45aUQLh0_RiF9ecszMmUWOn--0vaKaFapzYYJbH-to-EfIoLvSf4WqbeEDlT3UE17c9sKdDJEH5yDuDwYl7fQ-DjjGAWQWtfqW18Rwt7NJmg4FPKJAFfUPpyzUPBXtZrKjpGfuCcacxApIv8bbdABM1Imovq9Ze2W5kdUXisnUoTlgTXQyRdD1RiA1LKG60Mmu6CsOv7S7waONApBPfBN-K7QUSI-UbGkiV-stPHp4uylG6OVvUSoyQ7S6VAoeg9uxldZxTUnTV_1hm9RO7zrp49jGxlajPM7NJ4o-Wu_cbSjuPUu6ajD_4Ln914dI_VRHf_R4tsnCvxfeP0YD0wRhIXRTNfR9tJkZKs2zO8MC9J_PgiIdQgbDhWNxB7jWXrdbq7Dq45XwHQX_4yx-xQbQiGzKE6KQPP4WHCJ8xwwakjwS1Wuc1ZO9f04Aa2-ePQZPMn5YQA_bwQzukmz5AMso17Kb7G1jbImXtbJF1OhVuYTP8WFfXU8uk=w1787-h1339-no
Great photos. Another great photo opportunity is getting the BW lit up at night from across the lake at YC.
79omDk8s0ly6UsFMQjsUOeFQkqr-0-YrzFHr0gjfiJxLB-hisr5YH1xIq0kqCXWvnRJ_xKxJUnu6vtoATCQ504bjlPoKxsB-bLcDJt8T2wQ25HBTBY5AVtfirddi5kxACG809keT6qJbNTyoonLBke155MCYuOaunKMcmmlYYdU4Awl0On5TmyqHF5Rl4aKPtfa0QjLRiRc3kkCF8LCLRaTm7oo0H2Rq4ooWpJPWQfc9g8lTq9g6Ce6KoyqHLtCCvu3aENnFkOOwOFBGCofoVl1G6gQRNBFjDavzVsraVsL3xN9seYouMbZN6iCBw344Vv-e_P-rh_4vBoyAD-QLzI4T15tB63sAJe-V3vpeUOzbpNLNAIsLap6K2hduccFqjYdeTozMS4L4W9wEfNrgfbJwFR8QsR3i1DLUkqJjSOobZA6YKUP3Z7sGkXwwuCxanco_W7-OgvQqzM-awh6YHuX97kFaCXtkAGlmMd1ID-WgjCg28DGN3SQ15OT9mvUhbeLo8fCo3SaZqtxJfAYUnVQBFi-mBsU0UCOEv_Dy9yW1vWBZemsPGTMWUGzonQHVvoAqrgik9UlzO75-CspRiiv0qYyGmmAjcoYkVW0=w2379-h1339-no
Of course, there is always Main Street at night as well. All the halloween decorations will be out and that is pretty cool.
oR6CNrUk2IOoSqOODrJmp6B0acXv2iV0vchDaed4H4tnDh9diYvBZT0PYPgN3n1x5jMLfIc6bCCDxgAYOuoWCoE2s5T7i5pbtbKWJDIycHd-DGXm_QlPqhGCe0gsBMExdO0i_b7i98k1dI5h9q7XE_cVnch5iJwMs-1cJVPqetH4QLI7QjR432tdQenwb6f3B5yHJfRPmU02TFtztxxzk_GDKMaI-b95QwmKZnvROHYSc8oq5aTbZLE_RgU-TWhEumeUVa3Uyt1H_GBDzRzxYPi4E1KgUf2meTCHcwZpJN4SPNZOvYiUE1slfEPX-nf6yGolzKJjQWDdmAmgsHmAQI0ms1SQk4CdkC-1mICbibLtX4-dyli2id9ORER0RJLjQx12oC8PPN0m5vMGKkRJ2r1oxjl5CerhALOCtkTFQX1pEv0rFu-x53vxQ7bIGNM9alsZiSyDLzKeEq38OUbQJil38PmESkzcIUW4eZ8t9V5lpCerXn-pzc31o3BN9Lf4KsiImegIqCoeJaiM8alowuwmZ_uxKuAqLgJnGnYAPJiOnQpRLH0Yng_u4utMDuSiuUm_Rk7ccQOVdGavvBd8ELfU0hAhsLgvSdKmnII=w1006-h1339-no

Well you'd probably pay ~18% gratuity anyway, so there's that.
You're right.

I'm just doing the math to see if Tables in Wonderland saves. Trying to figure out how many meals I would have to buy before I start seeing a saving. I did it before buying an AP and found I would see a savings after my 10th visit.

So using $45 as a general number per meal ($53 with tip) I will save $0.90 per meal - so say one dollar. At $150 per year that's 150 meals before I start saving.

Even if I double the savings to $2 per meal that means I have to eat 75 meals at around $45 each ($3,375) before I start to save money.

Please understand I am not dismissing the suggestion or not appreciating that it was mentioned by Brad. I am glad you (Brad) brought it up - thank you. Just running some numbers out loud to see if perhaps I'm missing something about this offer.

You're right.

I'm just doing the math to see if Tables in Wonderland saves. Trying to figure out how many meals I would have to buy before I start seeing a saving. I did it before buying an AP and found I would see a savings after my 10th visit.

So using $45 as a general number per meal ($53 with tip) I will save $0.90 per meal - so say one dollar. At $150 per year that's 150 meals before I start saving.

Even if I double the savings to $2 per meal that means I have to eat 75 meals at around $45 each ($3,375) before I start to save money.

Please understand I am not dismissing the suggestion or not appreciating that it was mentioned by Brad. I am glad you (Brad) brought it up - thank you. Just running some numbers out loud to see if perhaps I'm missing something about this offer.

It also depends on where you eat, and each card is good for up to 10 people in your party. There are a lot of things to consider. I am buying my AP in January and will probably get a TIW card because I do tend to favor table service and take a lot of mini-trips. Three trips this year alone(granted one is post cruise), but really there are a few ways to save. The AP has it's own discount, plus you can get a dining plan with room only(by calling) once you have an AP. Just good to know what options you have.

I go solo every year for F&W and eat most of meals from the booths or pick up a couple of the food and wine pairing meals. Best advice for going solo is just relax and enjoy the place. While I do ride rides, I don't really focus on that as much as walking around the parks and taking in the details. As far as photos, make sure you are at Epcot at night, the monorail going around, SSE are great. Go to the part of FW where the living seas is located, just around dusk as the sun is setting SSE will reflect off the water in the little stream back there.
NCAjA5jl2HbQLGA014vf94ziiKBR-IjJOWkH8ELo665jAHmqerMAfNnzK7ua8ZNN7y5MuHyq5fmVD7WdqgfXLa0tRU1v5OxXssLflOT3aaTywUUj45aUQLh0_RiF9ecszMmUWOn--0vaKaFapzYYJbH-to-EfIoLvSf4WqbeEDlT3UE17c9sKdDJEH5yDuDwYl7fQ-DjjGAWQWtfqW18Rwt7NJmg4FPKJAFfUPpyzUPBXtZrKjpGfuCcacxApIv8bbdABM1Imovq9Ze2W5kdUXisnUoTlgTXQyRdD1RiA1LKG60Mmu6CsOv7S7waONApBPfBN-K7QUSI-UbGkiV-stPHp4uylG6OVvUSoyQ7S6VAoeg9uxldZxTUnTV_1hm9RO7zrp49jGxlajPM7NJ4o-Wu_cbSjuPUu6ajD_4Ln914dI_VRHf_R4tsnCvxfeP0YD0wRhIXRTNfR9tJkZKs2zO8MC9J_PgiIdQgbDhWNxB7jWXrdbq7Dq45XwHQX_4yx-xQbQiGzKE6KQPP4WHCJ8xwwakjwS1Wuc1ZO9f04Aa2-ePQZPMn5YQA_bwQzukmz5AMso17Kb7G1jbImXtbJF1OhVuYTP8WFfXU8uk=w1787-h1339-no
Great photos. Another great photo opportunity is getting the BW lit up at night from across the lake at YC.
79omDk8s0ly6UsFMQjsUOeFQkqr-0-YrzFHr0gjfiJxLB-hisr5YH1xIq0kqCXWvnRJ_xKxJUnu6vtoATCQ504bjlPoKxsB-bLcDJt8T2wQ25HBTBY5AVtfirddi5kxACG809keT6qJbNTyoonLBke155MCYuOaunKMcmmlYYdU4Awl0On5TmyqHF5Rl4aKPtfa0QjLRiRc3kkCF8LCLRaTm7oo0H2Rq4ooWpJPWQfc9g8lTq9g6Ce6KoyqHLtCCvu3aENnFkOOwOFBGCofoVl1G6gQRNBFjDavzVsraVsL3xN9seYouMbZN6iCBw344Vv-e_P-rh_4vBoyAD-QLzI4T15tB63sAJe-V3vpeUOzbpNLNAIsLap6K2hduccFqjYdeTozMS4L4W9wEfNrgfbJwFR8QsR3i1DLUkqJjSOobZA6YKUP3Z7sGkXwwuCxanco_W7-OgvQqzM-awh6YHuX97kFaCXtkAGlmMd1ID-WgjCg28DGN3SQ15OT9mvUhbeLo8fCo3SaZqtxJfAYUnVQBFi-mBsU0UCOEv_Dy9yW1vWBZemsPGTMWUGzonQHVvoAqrgik9UlzO75-CspRiiv0qYyGmmAjcoYkVW0=w2379-h1339-no
Of course, there is always Main Street at night as well. All the halloween decorations will be out and that is pretty cool.
oR6CNrUk2IOoSqOODrJmp6B0acXv2iV0vchDaed4H4tnDh9diYvBZT0PYPgN3n1x5jMLfIc6bCCDxgAYOuoWCoE2s5T7i5pbtbKWJDIycHd-DGXm_QlPqhGCe0gsBMExdO0i_b7i98k1dI5h9q7XE_cVnch5iJwMs-1cJVPqetH4QLI7QjR432tdQenwb6f3B5yHJfRPmU02TFtztxxzk_GDKMaI-b95QwmKZnvROHYSc8oq5aTbZLE_RgU-TWhEumeUVa3Uyt1H_GBDzRzxYPi4E1KgUf2meTCHcwZpJN4SPNZOvYiUE1slfEPX-nf6yGolzKJjQWDdmAmgsHmAQI0ms1SQk4CdkC-1mICbibLtX4-dyli2id9ORER0RJLjQx12oC8PPN0m5vMGKkRJ2r1oxjl5CerhALOCtkTFQX1pEv0rFu-x53vxQ7bIGNM9alsZiSyDLzKeEq38OUbQJil38PmESkzcIUW4eZ8t9V5lpCerXn-pzc31o3BN9Lf4KsiImegIqCoeJaiM8alowuwmZ_uxKuAqLgJnGnYAPJiOnQpRLH0Yng_u4utMDuSiuUm_Rk7ccQOVdGavvBd8ELfU0hAhsLgvSdKmnII=w1006-h1339-no

So it’s best to go to YC to photograph BW?

I was thinking I had to wait until it was closer to my vacation to buy my AP, but it’s my understanding that I can buy it now and the year doesn’t start till the first time I use it? Is this correct? And I have to pick up my AP at a park information desk?

So it’s best to go to YC to photograph BW?

I was thinking I had to wait until it was closer to my vacation to buy my AP, but it’s my understanding that I can buy it now and the year doesn’t start till the first time I use it? Is this correct? And I have to pick up my AP at a park information desk?

Correct, unless you are upgrading a ticket, you can buy your pass any time and pick it up at any Guest Services location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter