First Fastpass-GotG or RSR?

luckycharliegirl

Mouseketeer
What do you do first? Grab FP for RSR and ride Gotg? Or vice versa- grab FP for GotG and ride RSR??
With Bugs Land being closed we've done my first scenario. Now I'm not sure what makes better sense.
TIA

Oh, tough decision! GotG is my new favorite (and I did not like ToT!) but RSR is a family favorite, the kids love it...so...not sure, haha! I guess grab FP for whichever one has a longer wait? and then run to the other ride. Are you doing maxpass?

RSR runs out first usually. If you are going during Halloween time though, that may not be true as there will be fewer fastpasses for the regular version of GotG during the day since they switch over to the Halloween overlay at night.

Maxpass or not? Also, do you want to try to ride either of them more than once, or is just once fine? Are you going on a day that DCA will have been open for EMH, or not?

RSR has a bigger pool of people who want to ride it due to its family friendly theme and ride. GOTG is more of a thrill ride so a lot of older and younger people can't/won't ride it. I would get the fast pass for RSR and ride GOTG.

How many is your party? RSR has a great single rider line, we were able to walk right on the ride twice in a row during the first hour the park was open.

If you arrive before rope drop, I'd get into the standby line for GotG and get FP via MaxPass to RSR. We did it that way in July and were done with both within 30 minutes. Mind you, we were within the first dozen people in the standby line, so we got it done quite quickly. Farther back would have taken longer, of course.

Thank you everyone. No Maxpass for us. It makes sense to think RSR is more popular with families, so will grab that FP first.
I did not consider EMH either, so will look into that.
Thanks for the tips and thoughts! That's why I asked!

Thank you everyone. No Maxpass for us. It makes sense to think RSR is more popular with families, so will grab that FP first.
I did not consider EMH either, so will look into that.
Thanks for the tips and thoughts! That's why I asked!
I’m sorry but I can’t remember how to start a thread so I’m just going to ask here. With the MaxPass, if I purchase it can I get FP for all 3 of us through the app or just me?

I’m sorry but I can’t remember how to start a thread so I’m just going to ask here. With the MaxPass, if I purchase it can I get FP for all 3 of us through the app or just me?
You can book FPs through MaxPass for any combination of your party - all, some, or an individual. It's very flexible.

You must purchase maxpass for $10 for each ticket. Then you can make requests on your app for some or all tickets. They can be loaded on more than one phone too.

Depends if you want to try to ride Racers once or twice and what time you actually arrive at the park.
RSR tends to run out around 11-12
Guardians MB tends to run out during Halloween Season around 1-2 due

Does anyone know if Guardians MB and MAD are connected?
For example, I pull FP for Guardians MB at 12 and my return time is 4pm. Can I pull FP for Guardians MAD at 130pm or do I have to wait until 4pm?

I usually do RSR first, then wait later in the afternoon to try to score RSR fastpasses again at night. Risk taking the 1 1/2 hour wait hit early in the morning is usually the best plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter