First family trip to Universal - coffee at Portofino Bay? Best way to parks?

MommytoaSweetie

DIS Veteran
Hi! We just booked the week before Christmas at Portofino Bay and are SO excited - our kids are HUGE Harry Potter fans and this will be a complete surprise to them, plus we generally stay at Disney's Value resorts and we're excited for an upgraded stay. :)

It looks like Portofino Bay has Keurig machines - do you know what k-cups they provide?

Also, what's the fastest way to get to the parks? Does it depend on which one you're visiting first?

Congratulations........PBH is a beautiful resort.......I’m sure you’ll love it......

You are closer to The Studios with staying there, but it’s only a few extra minutes to walk through Citywalk to IOA.......

It’s a little bit longer to walk from there, but still not a huge walk. Boats are regular and ideal if you don’t feel like walking........

Fast way to either park is to use the water taxi
You get off in city walk boat dock

Facing the park Friday from city walk,
Left will be islands, to the right the studios

Don't know what pbh had but rpr had keurig French Roast pods last month

I did not like it at all

Thanks, that's great to know! The water taxi definitely sounds fun, but I wasn't sure if it added time for loading & unloading. It may depend on the day for us what we decide to do - we've never stayed so close to the parks!

We'll bring some k-cups of our own in case to be safe and get us going in the morning. ;)

We will be there that week, too. Portofino is awesome. You guys will love it :)

I think we had french roast, green tea and a decaf last time we were there. I always bring a box of my own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!