Fireworks on Saturday

lucky1

Face Character
Does anyone know what happened on this past saturday, Feb 25 with the fireworks? seemed like there was a 25 to 30 minute delay before they started. Scheduled for 9:25 and did not go off until about 9:45-9:50.

It's pretty simple--at 9:25 it was way too windy to shoot the fireworks off. I was shocked that they still went up at all, but at almost 9:45 the wind came to a near complete standstill. I guess the fire marshall must have known that the wind would be stopping (guess he saw the weather reports that said no wind then).

Must have only been windy inside Disneyland, then. We were standing on the corner of Harbor and the Anaheim Plaza Hotel at 9:30 waiting to see them, and it did not seem to be windy there.

eduk8r26 said:
Must have only been windy inside Disneyland, then. We were standing on the corner of Harbor and the Anaheim Plaza Hotel at 9:30 waiting to see them, and it did not seem to be windy there.

It might not have even been windy inside DL either. Its possible for it to not be windy on the ground level, but in the air, it could have been to windy up there for the fireworks. I work a few blocks from DL and I can be walking on the campus ground level and it not be windy, but if I am on the outside patio a few floors up, its like a wind tunnel.

Here is a little tip for those of you waiting to view the fireworks. They let off a "test balloon" a few minutes before the start of the show to test wind conditions (high in the sky). If the balloon goes straight up (or mainly up)...the show will go. If not, they will postpone or cancel. I have seen the both situations.

I was at ROA for Fantasmic and kept an eye on both the flag on top of POTC and the wind gauge on light tower B (the middle light tower used for Fantasmic) and at show time both were being blown around like crazy. Just because it's not windy on the ground doesn't mean it's not a few dozen (or more) feet up.

Thanks, we thought about wind, but did not notice the palm moving too much as we watched from the hotel room.

Thanks for the tip about the balloon. Guess would not know where to view that from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter