"Finding" previous magic bands

leebee

DIS Veteran
DH and I are going to Disney for 5 nights. We have our park passes, park reservations, and magic bands from a prior trip, which show up in my MDE account. DD will be joining us on one day so we bought her a park pass and made her reservation, so all 3 of us will be in Epcot on Friday. However, her magic bands from previous trips have disappeared from my MDE account. This might be because she is not on the resort reservation, but her park reservation and ticket are in my MDE "My Plans" for this trip. Sooo... I have a couple of her magic bands from prior trips. Is there someplace I can go to make sure she can still use these bands, or should I just get her a hard ticket? Also, where and when can she get this ticket? Can I pick it up for her in advance, or do we need to go to Guest Services or wherever at Epcot on our park day?

Does she have her own MDE account that you're linked to for making reservations? They should show up while logged into her account.

You should be able to get a hard ticket at any ticket booth or I would think also the ticketing center/guest services at Disney Springs if you want to do so ahead of time.

1. should I just get her a hard ticket? Also,
where and when can she get this ticket?
2. Can I pick it up for her in advance, or do we need to go to Guest Services or wherever
3. at Epcot on our park day?
This info concerns if you can't locate or use the MB:
1. You CAN, if you like.
2. You CAN, if you like. Any time prior at any ticket booth or Guest Relations at WDW.
3. If you want to wait until your Epcot arrival, you CAN.
Just go directly to Epcot's entrance gates (either the front gates or International Gateway) and have the ticket info ready (and an ID) and she will be issued the plastic ticket as she enters.

Thanks to both of you for your help. She DOES have her own MDE account, which surprises me as she's only ever traveled to Disney WITH me (always a good deal when Mom pays!). Her active bands are in her account but her ticket is in mine. Is that an issue or will the system "find" her when she taps in at Epcot on Friday?

Thanks to both of you for your help. She DOES have her own MDE account, which surprises me as she's only ever traveled to Disney WITH me (always a good deal when Mom pays!). Her active bands are in her account but her ticket is in mine. Is that an issue or will the system "find" her when she taps in at Epcot on Friday?
The system will not know that it needs to try to "find" another "her."

You can try to transfer her current ticket from YOUR account into HER account.
If so, then you (or she) will need to make a new Epcot reservation for her from her account.

If that sounds like it might not be the best plan...
You/she can do the "plastic ticket" thing I described in my Post #3 above.

If you check your Friends & Family list in MDE see if you get this message by their name. If not that should already be your daughter's profile that you're linked to and you should be good to go using the previous magic band.

If it says "Plans managed by me" you can select the update option and then select "Share planning with HERNAME" enter her e-mail address she uses for Disney there and it will link that profile up with her account (after she accepts via the e-mail Disney will send.)

If you check your Friends & Family list in MDE see if you get this message by their name. If not that should already be your daughter's profile that you're linked to and you should be good to go using the previous magic band.

View attachment 567938

If it says "Plans managed by me" you can select the update option and then select "Share planning with HERNAME" enter her e-mail address she uses for Disney there and it will link that profile up with her account (after she accepts via the e-mail Disney will send.)

When I look in DD's "My Plans and Tickets" under 'My Planning Party/Reservations Shared with Family and Friends' the ticket icon is highlighted for both she and I, and in the "My Plans, Reservations, and Tickets" it shows that she and I both have tickets and park pass reservations. I can also see her active magic bands (in the magic band section of her account). Based on this, it sounds like she should be good to go tomorrow morning, yes? Thanks for your help with this. I am often befuddled by technology, especially Disney's!

Last edited:
Piggybacking off of this question, we’ve taken two trips in recent years and have two sets of Magic Bands. We’ve chosen the ones we want to use for this trip. All of them are listed as active Magic Bands with the respective accounts. Do I need to deactivate the ones we’re not using? Or will we be fine so long as the ones we’re bringing show they’re synced and active?

Thank you!

You should be fine as I don’t believe you need to deactivate the ones you’re not using. With that said, years ago a CM told us our band didn’t open our resort room door because we had too many bands activated (that were not in use). Whether true or not, since then we’ve always deactivated the ones we weren’t using just in case. From what I’ve heard on here though it’s not necessary to deactivate the extra ones.

The old bands will work. However, the battery for the RFiD used for onride photos wears out at about 2 years. It will continue to work for room key, park entry and purchasing as that doesn't require the battery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter