Festival of Fantasy parade dinning package?

jacksmom

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if anyone has done this and what all is included? TIA for any information/reviews.

Of course it does. As the Disney site says, "As Memorable as a First Kiss." And honestly, I really don't know what to make of that nor understand what logical conclusion they want me to follow that to.

I've come to realize that if it is even remotely an event that people are interested in, they'll throw a food package at it. Opening Ceremony Dining Package. Sword in the Stone Appetizer Package. Rope Drop Bagel Package. Monorail Passing Over Your Head Amuse-Bouche Package. Etc.

..... they'll throw a food package at it....... Rope Drop Bagel Package............"
Best name for a dining package...........I'd trademark it.......because it will be used in a year or two as "The StarWars Land Rope Drop Bagel Package"! o_O:P

Doug :goofy:

Best name for a dining package...........I'd trademark it.......because it will be used in a year or two as "The StarWars Land Rope Drop Bagel Package"! o_O:P

Doug :goofy:

Ha. Or "Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Rope Drop Mimosa Package, Brought to you by Solo." For $43 you get two ounces of mimosa in a collector Solo-brand cup (with an image of Han and Chewey on the outside, of course) and a special viewing area for the rope drop!

The downside to this package is that you have to eat at Tony's Town Square Restaurant. Not the most ideal location.

Bumping this. Has anyone tried and wanna share experience?!
Yes! There were 4 adults in our party and we thought it was great! The food was very good, hot, and fresh. The tiramisu was the best dessert in Disney World.
The parade viewing spot was perfect as we watched the parade coming straight up Main Street all the way from the castle.

I have thought about doing this package but dh wasn't as excited about it lol. I believe the line :magical as a first kiss: is because it's at tonys and that was lady and the tramps first kiss.

Yes! There were 4 adults in our party and we thought it was great! The food was very good, hot, and fresh. The tiramisu was the best dessert in Disney World.
The parade viewing spot was perfect as we watched the parade coming straight up Main Street all the way from the castle.

I have this booked the week prior to Christmas. I was not sure how the MK crowds will be, and if my nieces are interested in staying for the parade, I figured this would be worth it. I figure we need to eat. If the girls are not parade people, I will cancel and grab CS somewhere.

Where do you watch the parade? Are you standing or sitting?!

You watch from the flag pole section in front of the train station. We got a spot right at the curb facing the castle. Couldn’t have been better! We arrived only 20 minutes before the parade arrived at the castle hub, so we could see it come straight at us up Main Street with the castle as a backdrop. You are given a ticket to show to enter the viewing area. There is no seating, but we sat on the curb until the parade came into view.

I just did this on the 7th. Glad I booked it once, but I don't think I will do it again. And I certainly did not need the preferred viewing spot that day - crowds were so low! There are a few benches in the viewing area. My issue was they take down the rope with flags before the parade gets to you, and tell you to just say something to anyone who tries to move into that area. I had a perfect spot on the bench until non-diners moved in and no one told them to go.

I enjoyed my salad and dessert at Tony's, not so wild about my entree. But my brother and SIL enjoyed their meal.

We have this booked for next month during thanksgiving weekend. I think if you YouTube you can find what the view/area is like. Since it’s going to be busy week, we figured the VIP viewing area was worth it. + it’s only 1 dining plan credit. No brainer I think. I defentiily don’t want to wait 1+hr for a parade view during Thanksgiving weekend.

I wouldn't book this for FoF since we have seen this parade multiple times and it's not a must do anymore but I booked the package for Dec 30 (Christmas parade) since the crowds will be crazy and we never saw that parade. I just hope the food is half decent.

We love it and do it every year. It's a great deal if you are on the dining plan, especially since you get an appetizer which isn't usually included. It's so nice to walk up to the parade spot 5 mins before and have an awesome curb side view. We actually really like the food at Tony's - especially this past March with the menu change and new chef, it was one of our best meals all week.

We did this in May last year and have booked it for our trip in March. The viewing spot was brilliant and so uncrowded although it was the hottest we felt all holiday!! The food wasn’t amazing but as we are on the dining plan I feel it’s worth one credit!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter