***February 2019***

We're one day shifted from you (2/25 to 3/6) with our newly 5 year olds. :-)

I'm getting really excited. Seeing how they were with the Christmas magic then Disney on Ice seems like an awesome preview of all the fun we'll have.
We're going with our about to be 5-year olds (they turn 5 on Feb 21st) 2/2-2/8! Twin birthday trip! :) Your triplets are going to love it! Is it their first time going?

We're going with our about to be 5-year olds (they turn 5 on Feb 21st) 2/2-2/8! Twin birthday trip! :) Your triplets are going to love it! Is it their first time going?

Yeah, first trip for them. This is their pre-k year, which is when we had always talked about doing the first trip. Old enough that they aren't napping, manageable even with us being outnumbered 2-3, can do most of the rides (they're over 40 but not yet 44) and will hopefully have at least vague memories of the trip. They are REALLY into characters right now, they were honest-to-god whooping at Disney on Ice when a new princess came out as if they were at a major sporting event or something. I just can't wait to see how they react to CRT!

Yeah, first trip for them. This is their pre-k year, which is when we had always talked about doing the first trip. Old enough that they aren't napping, manageable even with us being outnumbered 2-3, can do most of the rides (they're over 40 but not yet 44) and will hopefully have at least vague memories of the trip. They are REALLY into characters right now, they were honest-to-god whooping at Disney on Ice when a new princess came out as if they were at a major sporting event or something. I just can't wait to see how they react to CRT!
They will definitely love it and remember quite a bit. My girls still remember a lot from their 2018 and 2017 trips. We're still planning nap breaks for them this year, just so they don't get cranky. You may want to plan a midday break or at least have them in the strollers still in case they get tired in the parks. There is a lot of stimulation for them, which may push them to a nap even if they don't nap in school anymore. And they will love the characters! That is my girls' favorite part, including CRT. We were planning on making that a one-time experience last year, but they requested it again this year.

I just bought my tickets!!! Fastpass day is tomorrow (we are off site) and we are going the first week of February. We have a townhouse at the Encantada resort booked.
We went last year for the first time and I always thought we'd be one and done. Ummmm…..ya...….so much for that!!!!

My daughter just turned 5 when we went and I'll tell you, she remembers EVERYTHING!

:donald::dumbo::sulley::tigger:

Love it!

Looks like we're gonna have a lot of neighbors :scared1: :rotfl:
View attachment 373353

ugh! yes all my crowd levels went up for the week of the 11-15th! I'm bummed, but I'll still be a Disney! Could be worse! I'm crossing my fingers that they are overprojecting a bit. I'm just gonna go into my trip expecting it to be really crowded so I won't be too dejected when I get there! haha!

ugh! yes all my crowd levels went up for the week of the 11-15th! I'm bummed, but I'll still be a Disney! Could be worse! I'm crossing my fingers that they are overprojecting a bit. I'm just gonna go into my trip expecting it to be really crowded so I won't be too dejected when I get there! haha!

Yeah, I'm not worried about it. I'll be in Disney World, not sitting at my desk at my office staring at my computer screen, lol. And, I already have the fp's I really wanted to get, including FoP on two different days, and my 1st time riding Slinky, and the dining ADR's I wanted. Since I'm traveling solo I just go with the flow anyway. I like slowing down and taking the time to explore all the little nooks and crannies and hidden details of the parks. As long as you either have a plan or don't care at all about having a plan crowds can be totally manageable.

They will definitely love it and remember quite a bit. My girls still remember a lot from their 2018 and 2017 trips. We're still planning nap breaks for them this year, just so they don't get cranky. You may want to plan a midday break or at least have them in the strollers still in case they get tired in the parks. There is a lot of stimulation for them, which may push them to a nap even if they don't nap in school anymore. And they will love the characters! That is my girls' favorite part, including CRT. We were planning on making that a one-time experience last year, but they requested it again this year.

My girls starting fighting naps at 2.5, I gave in and stopped trying when they turned 3. At this point, the only time one of them naps, even a bit, is if she has a fever. I would be shocked if they managed to nap, but we will have strollers if needed.

We decided to go with a daily late breakfast/lunch ADR so that we'd be able to sit down, rest, and refuel a bit. We're also taking a long trip so that we can either open or close a park, not both. They will happily open-to-close our local amusement park, but the hours are shorter and it's not for multiple days in a row. I'm hoping that my experience there will be sufficient to inform planning decisions for Disney. We shall see...

Joining in the planning! I feel like it's a bit last minute. My husband and I will be celebrating our 15th anniversary (technically, yesterday - 1/3) at Coronado Springs Resort on February 26th - March 4th!! We have alot of planning to do!!

Also jumping in late! I am doing my first ever girls trip with my two best friends for our 40th Birthday! I so stupid excited! We are staying at POP Feb 11-16! This will also be my first time staying at a value! We got every single FP we wanted! We are also doing the After Dark at Magic Kingdom on 2/14 and got reservations for Artist Point on 2/15. I can can not freaking wait! Also my first time going in Feb! Keeping my fingers crossed that a cold snap doesn't come through!

*edited to add* I also noticed there were some NC folks in here! We will be driving down from Wilmington!

Last edited:
On Thursday (3rd) I got my MB box. Haven't opened it yet.
On Friday (4th) got my luggage tags for DME.

I was surprised by the TP eMail with the crowd level increase. Was really expecting a slower time in the first week of Feb.

Not from North Carolina but I have planned a stopover in NC on our way down. My husband requested good BBQ in exchange for doing the drive so we are going to stop in Lexington for dinner (driving down from Toronto.....20-24 hours depending on who you speak to)

Yea, my dates got hit with the crowd increase from touring plans too:
Feb 9th: MK went from a 4 to a 5, and then HS went from a 3 to a 7! Glad I booked DAH: HS for that night :)
Feb 10th: Epcot went from 3 to 4
Feb 11th: Epcot went from 3 to 4
Feb 12th: AK went from 2 to 5, and Epcot went 2 to a 5!
Feb 13th: MK went from 3 to 5
Feb 14th: AK went from 4 to 5, and HS went from 2 to 6!

Still not horrible, but not the lovely 2s I was hoping for :)

Big jumps for me too (park days are between Feb 4-9). I am sad to lose my "1" on my Epcot day.
I was there last year during a big Canadian March Break week. I think the new numbers for my days are comparable to those. One or two days are still rated a bit lower than expected last year.
Perhaps because last March was my first ever trip and I didn't have anything to compare it to (and I was giddy to actually be in Disney!) it honestly didn't feel bad. It probably helps that I'm not trying for Pandora or Space Mountain, Everest, RnR, etc.....My kids are into the more mellow rides and character meets.

Fingers crossed everyone has an AMAZING trip!!!!

Very excited my first ever packing cubes just arrived! I'm so tired of all my stuff getting jumbled together in my suitcase, especially after I arrive at the hotel and start digging through everything. I also really liked the variety of sizes and options with this set. Now I just need for it to be time to start packing for Disney!

cubes.JPG

Very excited my first ever packing cubes just arrived! I'm so tired of all my stuff getting jumbled together in my suitcase, especially after I arrive at the hotel and start digging through everything. I also really liked the variety of sizes and options with this set. Now I just need for it to be time to start packing for Disney!

View attachment 373692

Awesome! What brand are these? I've been looking into getting some packing cubes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter