Favourite time of year to go....

Miffy2003

<font color=orange>I've got Saratoga Springs - mak
We've only ever been in February so far which has the advantage of "Kids Go Free" which for us saves a chunk of money!

However it was very cold and pretty busy (it was half term in the UK and the French were also on holiday from school).

Going in school term time isn't an option for us and it seems really expensive in the summer holidays.

When is your favourite time to go, and why?

Love going in the summer for hotter weather, although more crowds :grouphug:

But absolute favourite is November where you get Christmas season without the extreme cold :cheer2:

Reid

Always been in Nov/Dec and it's usually been very cold. Would maybe like to try it someday when the weather is warmer but, to be honest, I couldn't imagine going to DLP and not wrapping up in thermals and having lots of hot chocolate stops!!!

Well, after having experienced WDW year after year in "winter" (is there really a winter in Florida?), the DLP winter was quite a shock! And yet... walking through Fantasyland on several inches of new snow, with everything silent and covered in white first thing in the morning, is probably right up there with my BEST moments - I'm talking in my LIFE - and I've had some pretty intensely wonderful moments!! :flower: :) :flower: :) :flower:

I really avoid the hot weather anyplace I go for fun - I am just one of those people who wilt in the heat - and I am also allergic to crowds and queues, so winter it is for me, despite having to bundle up and freeze your toes while standing at the night parade! I'm an "off-season" traveler all the way - less crowded, less expensive, and (IMHO) less stressful. Pull on those long-john leggings and hit Main Street! :Pinkbounc

Loved going at Christmas time ( not christmas day right enough!!) planning on going for new year this year (fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!)

Kathryn ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

Any day ending in a 'Y' will do for me, but given a choice I prefer August. I know it's busy and expensive, but I love having the late opening and fireworks to end every day.

Regards

Rob

We went at the beginning of October last year my two boys 10 and 5 thoroughly enjoyed it - with all the spooky stuff going on, there did seem to be something happening all the time, they loved having their faces painted and their hair transformed, the hairdressers really went to town with fake spiders cobwebs and coloured hairsprays and the little girls with long hair looked absolutely superb, all backcombed and sticking out in lots of different styles, I didn't envy their mums having to try and comb it out, as a bonus the weather was absolutely superb whilst we were there.
We've watched a video online of the actual Halloween Party and the show at Phantom Manor and I've promised the boys that one year we'll be there for it.

We're planning a March visit next year and I'm expecting it to be extremely cold, judging by last year's March visit but we'll go well prepared, with lots of spare gloves, hats, scarves and lip balm.

I would absolutely love to go at Christmas time and then again I'd like to be there on Bonfire night and I imagine New Year is great fun too.
My youngest says he'd like to live there - I think he might have a point! :earsboy:

Everytime :goodvibes

We have been in every mounth now :cool1: and it was always great. But I guess our favourite day is the 24th December after noon, the park is empty then...we did the POTC alone in one boat. Last year we spent that day together with friends from France and UK and been to Noel de Mickey, the Parade and the Tree Lightning Ceremony together...it was a magical day.

Greets Renate :wizard:

Summer for sure - we love the late opening and the hot weather. Only been in summer or around Christmas - we'd like to try Halloween and Easter too, but nothing beats Disneyland in the sun :sunny: :cool1: :sunny:

I love summer because it's just more comfortable clothes wise and it's nice to be able to stay out later in the evening. But I too prefer late November - Christmas season is in full swing, weather is starting to turn cold but not freezing.

rob@rar.org.uk said:
Any day ending in a 'Y' will do for me

LOL Rob!

Jill - I wouldn't mind living there too :)

It looks like there are lots of different times of year that are favourites for many different reasons!

Miffy,
His teacher told me that during a discussion about professions and people around us in school - all the other kids are going to be nurses, footballers, teachers etc. while Liam announced he's going to sell hotdogs at DLRP. :)

Jill that is one smart kid you have there ;)
Love the way children's thought processes work :goodvibes

Reid :moped:

jillrobinson said:
Miffy,
His teacher told me that during a discussion about professions and people around us in school - all the other kids are going to be nurses, footballers, teachers etc. while Liam announced he's going to sell hotdogs at DLRP. :)

Brilliant!:rotfl2: Can think of a lot of worse jobs!:rotfl2:

We've been in April, October and December and always in term-time as I just can't stand crowds clogging up "our" park!! :rotfl2: We're lucky to be able to go in term-time, I know. December was really magical but just too cold to be outside all day :cold: . April and October were absolutely wonderful - cool but not cold. We're going in early November this year when we'll hopefully get all the Christmsas atmosphere and not be walking icicles!!! :cloud9:

We love June.
This year will be our 3rd time at this time of year.
Low crowds (but just enough people for an atmosphere) and great weather.

I just wish they did the fireworks and night parade :confused3

Never mind though - you can't have it all :earboy2:

I'm sooooo pleased to hear that about June. :) I've been worried about June, thinking that maybe the crowds will be huge, but that reassures me Alexandra. :)

I love going late November/early December and also January/February. I was there in late Jan this year and the snow really added to the atmosphere! Before Christmas is lovely too but not so much chance of snow. Going onThunder Mountain first thing in the morning and seeing the whole resort covered in white is absolutely gorgeous. I loved it anyway!

Bonnie said:
I'm sooooo pleased to hear that about June. :) I've been worried about June, thinking that maybe the crowds will be huge, but that reassures me Alexandra. :)

Me too Bonnie! :goodvibes

I've always been September/October time. Love the Halloween set up and I think that parade is brilliant. I annoyed my whole family for weeks afterwards playing the Halloween parade music more times than enough.

Unfortunately last visit, due to a mix up, I ended up in the parks when both the UK and French schools were closed for the hols. The place was HEAVING. Wall to wall body. I gave up on several rides I'd set my heart on because there were lengthy queues even for the fastpass tickets.

That being said I now have a good excuse to go back again LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter