Favorite loop at the Fort and why?

We just returned and this time stayed in the full hookup 1600 loop. It was nice, fairly close to things, but our first site they put us in we were so close to the people next to us with no trees between, that you could literally touch their trailer from the picnic bench, so we went to the front desk and they changed us to another site which was on the canal and was beautiful. Also in that loop the hookups are kind of weird which annoyed my husband, the electric is way back in the corner so we didn't reach well. Last year we stayed in the preferred 300 loop needing dog friendly, which was by the dog park and pond/canal, where we saw a gator, very cool. A nice loop but some larger RVs struggle there, ours is small so no prob. We saw that they now have that area all fenced off, as they do all the water areas in all the resorts and parks, except for the large stretches of canal. We really liked the looks of the 1900 loop, it was far back from everything yes, but it was wooded with large private sites with trees separating you from your neighbor, a lot of Class As and larger RVs were there.

Usually any loop you stay in is your favorite. We don't do golf carts, don't hurry much, and have liked a lot of loops for different reasons. We liked the premium 1308 even with our popup. We could walk out through the pine needles and grab a bus, or walk through the loop to the real designated bus stop so there were multiple options. Last year I went with our new to us rescued dog. We were in the 1200 loop which was perfect. While not really a pet loop, there were at least 6 dogs in it. Our dog is scared of a lot of things, especially other dogs that bark. Having less dogs around was a blessing. Also we could get up and walk towards the front gate and the area where RV's pull over to hook/unhook their toads. Plenty of space, not many people and a few armadillos to chase after. I hope we get there again this spring break.

We've only stayed in the 1700 loop (full hookup) so it's my favourite. :) We had requested it and it was a fabulous location. Close to the pool - walking distance which is where we wanted it to be.

We mostly stay in the 1800 loop. Love the quite, the sites are large and most are shady. We like the sites on the outer part, backing in with woods behind you. The sites 1804, 1806, 1808, and 1810 are the best. I think many of the sites are actually 14 or 15 ft wide pavement. You can't beat this loop for being roomy, quiet and shady. It is not that far to walk to the Meadows area and pool, maybe 5 to 10 minutes. We do bring our golf cart. Also the large pet walk next to the canal right behind the loop is nice.

What's your favorite loop at the Fort, and why?

We are coming in an RV. ;)
I like the 1400 loop right by the comfort station and next to the campfire, easy walk to the bus stop. My husband likes the 100-200 loops because of their proximity to the boats and main bus stop. He did say the preferred sites were tighter to park the RV though.

1400 is pretty tight in a few of the areas. It's two loops, Big Bear and Little Bear. Little Bear I will never again attempt to stay in. So small I like to of never gotten through there and promptly moved to the Big Bear loop the very next morning due to the compact feel of things. Big Bear (the outer loop) is a little more open. The first few sites starting the loop off are pretty good and spaced away. We got the very last spot once and it was great! Lots of open area behind and in front and with lots of shade.

Now, if you get those sites close to the movie then it's short walk for sure and not too much further to the Bike Barn and pool to be honest.

900 loop since we stay on premiums. It's right across from the Meadows and easy walk to pool and movie.

400 is close 2nd as it's the premium closest to marina and restaurants. Also, the squirrels on 400 loop are more entertaining.

Do you bring dogs with you?

Do you bring dogs with you?

I haven't in the past. To me and my group, we are usually all day on the park days, and I just don't like the idea of leaving the dog for that long. Now, had plenty of folks around us who did have their dogs in those loops and all was well.

I just don't like the idea of leaving the dog for that long.

We leave ours with the kennel, Best friends pet care, don't like him being in the camper that long either. Kinda a pia to take him to kennel everyday but we feel better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter