Favorite character meals?

1900 breakfast Character interaction was fantastic, however we were seated a half an hour late and they started to pack the buffet up after about 40 minutes. Felt rushed. You could tell the Mad Hatter LOVES his job though.
1900 dinner Haven't done.
Tusker House dinner One of our favorites. The characters are always wonderful and I love the food.
Bon Voyage (this is for me to meet Flynn lol!) Haven't done.
Chef Mickey dinner We did lunch. We loved it. I know it gets a bunch of negative feedback but we enjoyed ourselves.
Garden Grill breakfast We did dinner. The food was tasty, but I had a hard time paying that much for turkey and pot roast. The character interactions were the best we've experienced. They kept coming around. Each character must have stopped at our table 3x. Chip & Dale were a hoot and Mickey paid extra attention to our baby.

We haven’t done any of these.

Thanks for your advice!
:flower1:

See in the quote for my opinion.

We are looking forward to Tusker House; just DH and I. I have read good things about Garden Grill and the meal with Rapunzel.

Chef Mickey's was ugh. CRT was even worse. Having said that, they were both eons ago and may have improved.

Garden Grill is our absolute favorite character meal in WDW - we always do dinner and I cannot wait to do breakfast in November. We actually booked both dinner and breakfast fpr our upcoming trip. Tusker House is another great choice. And even though we haven't done it yet, Bon Voyage would be another awesome pick. I have not read a negative review on this meal since it started. It is on our bucket list!

The only one from that list that I've done is the Garden Grill breakfast (it was our second character breakfast of the trip, the other being 'Ohana which is a one and done for me)

Pros to Garden Grill: Served family style, no need to get up and get more food
Even though the menu is fairly similar to 'Ohana, for some reason the Garden Grille tasted better. They also made a salsa (from the garden in the land) to put on the scrambled eggs.
We had an 815 breakast and the restaurant was practically empty (it was EMH, so maybe that was the reason). Some of the characters came around 2x and the interactions were amazing.
The meal felt super low key and we felt relaxed.

I could eat that sticky bun all day long.

Garden Grill hits all the high points....good food, great character interaction, family style (which I prefer over buffet, especially with young kids), and fun location.

Tusker House would be my second choice, mostly for the variety of food options but also for the character interaction and the theming of the restaurant is very cool.

What I've done:
  • Garden Grill (Lunch). I haven't done breakfast. The food at lunch is good, the character interaction is good (not rushed) and the venue is smaller than the rest so it's much more laid back and less chaotic than the other in-park character meals. I'd like to try breakfast, but I haven't been able to land a reservation during my Epcot day for next trip yet. Last time I went to Akershus for breakfast.
  • The Bon Voyage Breakfast was probably my favorite breakfast. You get to order off a menu and all the characters are great.
  • Tusker House. I've only had the breakfast. I'm not in as love with it as everyone else, but the meal was fine. To me it was too big and chaotic. I loved the juice.
  • Chef Mickey's. I've only had the breakfast, which wasn't terrible. To me it's too big and chaotic and I don't know if I'll be back. I haven't heard good things about the dinner service.
The dinner at Be Our Guest is also a lot of fun! The food wasn't the greatest in the world (the steak was good, the french onion soup was fine and the gray stuff was forgettable), but the interaction I had with Beast was hilarious! I was wearing a Little Mermaid shirt, so he was trying to pantomime Part of Your World. I hope to see him again, but it will be a a Fixe Prix menu in November (more expensive / 2 Table Service Credits). I'm going in November too, but I have yet to be able to score a reservation for dinner service and I'm not 100% sure that he's staying with the new menu.

What I've done:
  • Garden Grill (Lunch). I haven't done breakfast. The food at lunch is good, the character interaction is good (not rushed) and the venue is smaller than the rest so it's much more laid back and less chaotic than the other in-park character meals. I'd like to try breakfast, but I haven't been able to land a reservation during my Epcot day for next trip yet. Last time I went to Akershus for breakfast.
  • The Bon Voyage Breakfast was probably my favorite breakfast. You get to order off a menu and all the characters are great.
  • Tusker House. I've only had the breakfast. I'm not in as love with it as everyone else, but the meal was fine. To me it was too big and chaotic. I loved the juice.
  • Chef Mickey's. I've only had the breakfast, which wasn't terrible. To me it's too big and chaotic and I don't know if I'll be back. I haven't heard good things about the dinner service.
The dinner at Be Our Guest is also a lot of fun! The food wasn't the greatest in the world (the steak was good, the french onion soup was fine and the gray stuff was forgettable), but the interaction I had with Beast was hilarious! I was wearing a Little Mermaid shirt, so he was trying to pantomime Part of Your World. I hope to see him again, but it will be a a Fixe Prix menu in November (more expensive / 2 Table Service Credits). I'm going in November too, but I have yet to be able to score a reservation for dinner service and I'm not 100% sure that he's staying with the new menu.
Yes! I loved meeting the Beast too! That was special. He is so charming :)

Thanks for your reply- I think Garden Grill will be a priority!

1900 Park Fare - the Stepsisters are so much fun! (we love the Caesar salad here)
Bon Voyage - hard to meet characters, different & very good food
Chef Mickey is fun for all

Garden Grill - -we like the food and the characters, but getting to Soarin' ahead of the rope drop crowd makes this a no brainer for us

Tusker House - again we like the food and characters, but we mostly do this so that we avoid the rope drop crowd, the sun and that awful walk - -we eat and then join the rope drop crowd as it heads to the safari.

I have only done 1900 for breakfast which I really enjoyed. I am planning the dinner one in Sept as I hear the stepsisters are a riot!
Tusker house is my favorite and I have done it several times. I wanted to do it again this trip but I felt I should try some new things.
Chef Mickey's I have done a few times and it is fine. I enjoyed it the 3 times I have been but that was several years ago so things may have changed
Garden Gill I am doing for a PPO breakfast in Sept so cant tell you about it yet, but am hearing good things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter