Favorite character meals?

Mrs~Incredible

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, we are headed down for 9 days this November and trying to make some decisions about character meals. We are not on the dining plan. We’ve done CRT and Akershus in the last which were just ok for us (Dd likes princesses but is not super girlie and wasn’t too into the princess parade), and last visit we did the holiday Hollywood and Vine which we actually loved. It will be me, DH, and 7 yo DD. We generally love all the characters.

Out of these, which are YOUR faves, and why? I need to narrow this down!
How many should we do?

1900 breakfast
1900 dinner
Tusker House dinner
Bon Voyage (this is for me to meet Flynn lol!)
Chef Mickey dinner
Garden Grill breakfast

We haven’t done any of these.

Thanks for your advice!
:flower1:

1900 Park Fare because I love the location. I haven't been since 1998, though!

We do Tusker House this trip and I'm excited about it.

Bon Voyage is on my wishlist but I don't care for the location.

Chef Mickey is hard to get into.

Garden Grill is also on my wishlist.

Tusker House was really great! Terrific character interaction and we all enjoyed the food. We plan to return during our November trip!

We are also planning on going to Trattoria al Forno for the Bon Voyage breakfast. I'm a huge Flynn fan so I am ready to geek out! ::yes::

Our favorites, from your list, are 1900 breakfast and TH lunch or dinner.

1900 breakfast is fun because a it's such a nice variety of characters many of which you won't see at any other character meal. We love TH for the food and the characters are super cute in their costumes.

We did 1900 Park Fare for breakfast a few weeks ago and we loved it! The characters are a great variety, some of whom are more difficult to meet at the parks, and the food was great!

I wouldn’t eat at Chef Mickeys for dinner again even if it was free!!!! The only character meal we do every trip is Tusker for breakfast.

1900 breakfast - Excellent and fun choice for character interaction and food.
1900 dinner - I only did this once long ago. It was OK but I wasn't eager to go again.
Tusker House dinner - Meat choices seem to have dwindled lately, but there are lots of great vegetarian dishes. I like this place better for breakfast.
Bon Voyage (this is for me to meet Flynn lol!) - Haven't tried this one yet, but reviews seem pretty good.
Chef Mickey dinner - I wouldn't. I've seen this place described as a three-year-old's birthday party. Lots of shrieking toddlers, and the food also gets bad reviews. But YMMV if you like that sort of thing.
Garden Grill breakfast - Another excellent and fun choice. I especially like the scrambled eggs, cinnamon rolls, and the view.

As to how many should you do -- as many as interest you and that you can afford.

I wouldn’t eat at Chef Mickeys for dinner again even if it was free!!!! The only character meal we do every trip is Tusker for breakfast.
Yes I’ve heard this a bit, but reviews seem mixed. Was it the food, the chracter interaction, the atmosphere, or all of the above?

1900 breakfast - Excellent and fun choice for character interaction and food.
1900 dinner - I only did this once long ago. It was OK but I wasn't eager to go again.
Tusker House dinner - Meat choices seem to have dwindled lately, but there are lots of great vegetarian dishes. I like this place better for breakfast.
Bon Voyage (this is for me to meet Flynn lol!) - Haven't tried this one yet, but reviews seem pretty good.
Chef Mickey dinner - I wouldn't. I've seen this place described as a three-year-old's birthday party. Lots of shrieking toddlers, and the food also gets bad reviews. But YMMV if you like that sort of thing.
Garden Grill breakfast - Another excellent and fun choice. I especially like the scrambled eggs, cinnamon rolls, and the view.

As to how many should you do -- as many as interest you and that you can afford.
Great info, thank you!

We did Bon Voyage last year and it was fantastic. The food was so good and we loved the character interaction. I love that we picked our main meal and they brought it to us. We all sampled each others food and they all were great.

We really like 1900 Park Fare for the food and the characters interaction - the step mother and step sisters were so funny.

We really enjoy the food at Tusker House and Garden Grill (Breakfast and dinner)

We had breakfast at Chef Mickeys (a party of 10) and it was very good - plus we loved the characters. We were there for a late breakfast and they were changing over to lunch and all the kids ate some of the lunch food and they enjoyed it.

If I had to pick one it would be Bon Voyage then 1900 Park Fare.

Our favorite is Garden Grill - great food and awesome character interaction. Also like that the food comes to the table. Second is 1900 Park Fair - breakfast and dinner have good food and great characters. The dinner was some of the best character interaction we have ever had. Anastasia decided she was engaged to my 16 year old and kept harassing him the whole night.

Not a Tusker House fan. Tried breakfast and lunch. The food is pretty good, but I think our service has been questionable both times. Last time we went our server would not bring our check, even after I asked him 3 times. We were trying to get to FOLK and he thought we needed to experience lunch.:rolleyes2

We have not experienced Bon Voyage yet, but are trying to find a way to fit it in in July.

I would skip chef Mickeys, beyond the lousy food it only gets you one additional character. Other than Minnie Mouse you will see every character at chef Mickey between tusker house and garden grill.

Personally I don’t think the breakfast is ‘worth’ it. We just cannot eat enough in the AM to get value out of breakfast meals. We did a brunchish option at Bon Voyage and it was sooooo much food.

I would chose 1900 TUsker or Chef Mickeys based on what is easiest for your itinerary. I really don’t think that the quality is vastly different.... IMHO all the buffets are pretty similar in quality.

I only like to do one character meal per trip. We used to do more but I find them kind of stressful. So now we only do one and focus on more signature dining and/ or our fave restaurants.

The only character meal we did was Bon Voyage so I can't really compare but I will say we loved it! Flynn Rider and Prince Eric were both very charming and sweet my daughter was IN LOVE. The food was really good and I thought the tangled pastry was a nice touch. Service was great and we were seated immediately for our ADR. My son was not excited for this but Flynn took time with him and taught him how to "smolder" and I got one of my favorite pics from our trip..

The only character meal we did was Bon Voyage so I can't really compare but I will say we loved it! Flynn Rider and Prince Eric were both very charming and sweet my daughter was IN LOVE. The food was really good and I thought the tangled pastry was a nice touch. Service was great and we were seated immediately for our ADR. My son was not excited for this but Flynn took time with him and taught him how to "smolder" and I got one of my favorite pics from our trip..
Awesome picture! I love how your daughter is holding his hand! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter