Favorite Advent Calendars??

So the past few years, I have gotten DD a Disney Tsum Tsum advent calendar from Costco or Target (the mini plastic figures). The only one I have seen this year is directly from Disney and is actual Tsum Tsum figures (and four times the cost). Any idea on if they will have the mini figure ones again? Any sightings?

I'm looking too! Last year was the first one I bought, so I can buy an older one (they don't have the year on them, right?) and the kids would be happy with it. But I was hoping Target would carry it again since I was able to use that toy coupon on it last year.

I'm looking too! Last year was the first one I bought, so I can buy an older one (they don't have the year on them, right?) and the kids would be happy with it. But I was hoping Target would carry it again since I was able to use that toy coupon on it last year.

I don't think any of them have the year on them. There were four that I have found and DD has had two of them. I had went ahead and ordered one off ebay before I found the HP one, so she will have one for next year. I keep holding out that they will have another one, but usually they are out by now I think.

Add me to the list of those looking for a teen boy / not Lego or candy. If anyone sees a jerky one, I'd love a link.

I want to give everyone their advent calendars Thanksgiving weekend, when they are all home, so I'm down to five weeks. I think if I haven't found something by then, DS17 will be getting a lottery ticket one that I will put together for him.

For anyone that is interested in the David's Teas 24 days of tea it is available on their site now.

I loved this last year and am definitely going to get it again! They had them for half off around black Friday last year though - do they tend to do that or was it a one off? Can't decided if I should gamble and wait... :scratchin

Has anyone seen the Little People Advent calendar anywhere? Has it been discontinued?

Hey! I just got it for my son on Amazon the other day for $27. It's been going in and out of stock so I just added it to my wish list and checked every day. It was only 3rd party sellers for a few days then came back in stock, and now it looks like it's third party sellers again. I'd keep checking because I think it'll be back in stock again, it seems to be a popular item this year.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01681O14U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hey! I just got it for my son on Amazon the other day for $27. It's been going in and out of stock so I just added it to my wish list and checked every day. It was only 3rd party sellers for a few days then came back in stock, and now it looks like it's third party sellers again. I'd keep checking because I think it'll be back in stock again, it seems to be a popular item this year.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01681O14U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks for letting me know that it kept coming back into stock. I checked every morning and this morning it was there! Granted, I will feel better once I have it in my hands, but for right now.....yeah!

I got my Little People Advent Calendar today- man it's HUGE! I think DS will love it!

Wanted to let anyone who is planning to get this one know (I know @McKelly ordered one but can't remember who else) that I initially thought mine was flawed due to the packaging design. The calendar itself is inside a sleeve that is the same print as the calendar, so I thought mine came without perforated squares. Looking at the Amazon listing, it looks like this caused confusion for a few other people as well, so I just wanted to let anyone getting this know to look inside!

I got my David's Tea one yesterday. I kind of regret getting it so early because I want to open them now.
I told dd I would wait until she came home from winter break though.

Where do I find 12 days of socks in Target?

I haven't seen that they've released, or even announced any yet, for 2018. But I'm hoping they do! Last year, they were at temporary holiday stand in the middle of the store. Near the boys clothing, oddly enough. Not with holiday stuff, and not with socks.

Saw 2 different Harry Potter 12 Days of Socks this morning at my local Target. They were both for women, size 4-10. Since no one in my family was interested in them, I didn’t spend enough time looking to see what the difference was between the 2 boxes. Maybe just the picture on the packaging? Anyway, they were located on a small table in the kids clothing area. If I’m remembering correctly, they were marked $15.

ETA They also had a 12 Days of Socks Mickey Mouse and another with superheroes (Marvel characters maybe?). Like I said, my kids weren’t crazy about the sock idea, so I didn’t spend too much time looking at them. Just happened to notice they were out on my way to the Halloween clearance.

Last edited:
I see that Aldi’s has a cheese advent calendar in their ad this week. May have to get it for myself.

And a wine one! Both the cheese calendar (limit 3) and the wine one (limit 1) should be available on Wednesday (11/7).

FYI I think Target is also supposed to have a cheese advent calendar this year for a few dollars more than the Aldi’s one. I haven’t seen a release date for that one, just “early November”.

Bonne Maman dropped to $29 on Amazon this morning.

I heard about the Bonne Maman calendars a couple weeks ago and the blog mentioned that it was back ordered on Amazon, but still available at World Market. I'm fortunate to work right next to a World Market and walked over the next morning right at 10am when they opened. They had two left, which I swept up immediately, at $29.99 each. One of the employees stocking the Christmas section actually told me they only got a handful of them to begin with. I'm not sure if it'll be restocked, but I would sure hope so! The calendar is so cute & awesome. A great gift for adults at a very reasonable price. It was my first time shopping at World Market and my cashier was super friendly. She added me to their rewards/loyalty program, which sends a 15% off coupon via text message. Technically I think they send the coupon for your next (2nd) visit, but the woman was so kind, she helped me sign up for program, waited for the text message, and then entered in the code after I received a text back. Needless to say, it was 10:05am in the morning so they weren't that busy. :) I was quite pleased to get each one at $25.49 . The only negative is that I've been looking at the advent calendar for about four weeks now... and still have four weeks or so to go.... Every time I eat a slice of toast I think of the awesome jam options I have just sitting there. But my husband is adamant that we follow the rules of advent calendars. So funny that these things are so hip these days - I remember opening the same un-elaborate advent calendar every year when I was a kid. They were just little drawn pictures behind a cardboard flap.

Did anyone have any luck getting the Aldi cheese or wine advent calendar today? They were just released today, so I thought I would stop on my way home to grab the cheese advent calendar for DH.

I couldn't find them and finally asked an employee. She said they were sold out by 11am this morning. She said there were people waiting in the parking lot an hour before the store even opened! She said there were only two stores in our state that even had any left. How crazy is that! Not sure if it will be the same story for the Target cheese advent calendar...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter