Favorite Advent Calendars??

I think for my DD I will do a lottery ticket advent calendar. She loves scratch off tickets, so I think I will do some $1s for the first 10 days, $2s and $3s for the second 10 days and finish up with some bigger ones for the end of the month. I think it will kill her to have to wait every day. LOL

Thank you so much for this idea! We have these Italian “slippers” to fill for advent and it is hard to think of non-food ideas and DS seems to be outgrowing LEGO. He LOVES scratch tickets. I am so going to steal this!

The Bonne Maman calendars were released on Amazon today. 24 cute jars of jam for $29.99. I picked two of them up - last year I tried to get one and it sold out before I could!

Thanks for posting this, I wasn't able to get one the day you did but I put myself on the list to be notified and just got the email today.
They will be in stock on 10/15 but you can order now. I grabbed one for my MIL and one for my Grandmother.
I got myself the L'Occitane one.

Last year I tried to get dd the HP sock one from Target without any luck so this year I'm going to make my own for her. That way I can make a 24 day one and put in other stuff and send it to her at school.

I'm going to keep watching this thread for ideas for everyone else. I love the idea of doing these instead of one gift for Christmas day.

I just received an Advent Calendar for DD17 from QVC. It has different hair and beauty products for each day. Trying to find something for DS19 that would be good for him. (he is not a candy eater). Around $70 or so. I saw a beef jerky one but it did not get the best reviews. (not enough jerky and too much little candies).

Last edited:
I think I will probably end up with a couple of The Body Shop ones for the two girls (21 and 18), which just leaves me (lol) and DS18. Really wishing we had an Aldi's because I would be all over their wine one. DS18 is hard because it's during wrestling season and he won't eat junk then, so when you eliminate the candy and beauty calendars, it just doesn't seem like there is much left for a teen boy!

No ideas other than the ones mentioned, but I do thank you for the thread! It reminded me I wanted to start looking for an idea for my 13 yo, and just saw a Haribo one on Amazon...sold! :)

I just received an Advent Calendar for DD17 from QVC. It has different hair and beauty products for each day. Trying to find something for DD19 that would be good for him. (he is not a candy eater). Around $70 or so. I saw a beef jerky one but it did not get the best reviews. (not enough jerky and too much little candies).

I ordered this for DD23--it arrived yesterday. She can't WAIT!!! She can be tricky to buy for--she's 800 miles away. Her younger siblings are so jealous, but getting them the QVC beauty products wasn't happening.

I need to place an order for disney pins. 10 year old discovered pin trading last year. Our advent calendar is handmade quilted envelopes type from my mom with just enough room for one piece of candy and one pin each day.

Thanks for posting this, I wasn't able to get one the day you did but I put myself on the list to be notified and just got the email today.
They will be in stock on 10/15 but you can order now. I grabbed one for my MIL and one for my Grandmother.
I got myself the L'Occitane one.

Last year I tried to get dd the HP sock one from Target without any luck so this year I'm going to make my own for her. That way I can make a 24 day one and put in other stuff and send it to her at school.

I'm going to keep watching this thread for ideas for everyone else. I love the idea of doing these instead of one gift for Christmas day.

I'm late to the boards this week apparently. I tried searching Amazon for Bonne Maman calendars, but I couldn't find them. Any chance you could post the link?

ETA: Nevermind! I found it with a google search.

Last edited:
I'm liking the scratch off ticket idea. Think I'll make one for everyone. I think I'll do an candy bar beef jerky one for DH. I'm making a holiday sock box for DD. I have been collecting a sock after each holiday to put in it. I got a cardboard box that was going to be thrown away from a store and I lined it with foil that she will have to break through to get the socks . I found some socks with cupcakes for her bday and I got socks with llama on them for Labor Day. (Llama carry your stuff~so they labor for you). I would like a target men's stars war sock box if they do that again.

Ugh thank goodness this thread came back up. It reminded me I need to get DS one. He's only a baby but I found a little people one he'll be thrilled to death about. Dunno about DH and I yet. Last year we just got cheap ones from Kroger (I was heavily pregnant at the holidays last year and just had no energy to do anything else) but this year I'd like to get something more personal!

Holy cow. I am glad I got my Bonne Maman calendar for my DH on Monday. My DD told me I should have bought extra to resell later in the season. A great way to make money, but I don't roll that way. I would rather let other people get them for the intended sale price.

I went to Costco in St. Louis yesterday and they don't have the Brewer's Advent Calendar yet and are not sure when they will get them. They will only know 2 days out. I guess I will have to call them every couple of days.

I think for my DD I will do a lottery ticket advent calendar. She loves scratch off tickets, so I think I will do some $1s for the first 10 days, $2s and $3s for the second 10 days and finish up with some bigger ones for the end of the month. I think it will kill her to have to wait every day. LOL

Do you make the lottery advent? I don't think PA has them....

Do you make the lottery advent? I don't think PA has them....

Yes, I am going to make my own. I think I will do a Christmas Tree Shape. I will do rows from 1 - 6, then four to make up a "trunk.". My only decision is if I will put them in envelopes (maybe try to find some green ones), or just use the cards themselves.

i think i am getting the Bonne Maman one for my DD19. Im going to figure out a jerky one for my DS16 and a craft beer advent for my DH. I usually get a godiva one

I just get the chocolate ones every year, just a few dollars. I like to get the German ones.

I kept calling my local Costco's (local is a relative term, the closest is 70 miles away). Apparently the Midwest will not receive the beer advent calendars, so yesterday my DH and I drove to St. Louis to look for an appropriate box at The Container Store. Nothing worked that was reasonable. I found a cute one on ETSY, but they were $35 each and we are doing 3. We ultimately found a box that would work on Uline, and we have to order 10, so we will have a 3 year supply. We also went to Trader Joe's and World Market and were able to get all of the beers we needed (both allow you to mix 6 packs). I determined the cost will be approximately $48 each. Since our DD goes to college in MO, we also picked up the first 15 days of lottery tickets from there so she could redeem them there also.

So now, I just need to order the boxes from Uline, and start saving toilet paper holders (changed my mind about how I am going to do her lottery advent), and pick up either some numbers (for the beer bottles) or tags. Since I can't completely hide the beers, they will be individually wrapped, so that will also start soon.

I feel I have a good handle on things.

I managed to snag a Disney ornament advent calendar from Primark. We just moved to England and I feel like there's way more options. My husband is getting two beer ones, kids got Lego ones and I think I may do one (or two) of the Aldi ones also. How are there so many options?!?! I got a friend a Peppa Pig one.

I managed to snag a Disney ornament advent calendar from Primark. We just moved to England and I feel like there's way more options. My husband is getting two beer ones, kids got Lego ones and I think I may do one (or two) of the Aldi ones also. How are there so many options?!?! I got a friend a Peppa Pig one.

Lucky you, I feel like all the good ones I find are in England!!

Ohhh I don't know why but I think these are so fun. For some reason I keep getting an ad for the L'Occtaine one on facebook.

I want the Bonne Maman jam one because I use their jams anyway and its still in stock on Amazon. Being a SAHM this will be a nice daily treat (especially b/c I plan on wrapping up all Xmas shopping by the end of Oct so I can enjoy the holidays stress free- well as stress free as I can be in my third trimester lol). I'm going to hunt for one for my husband. My 20 month old won't know whats up so I can wait another year or two lol.

I do have a refillable one I bought at H&M two years ago. Its canvas and has pockets you fill, it hangs on the wall. I hung it last year but never filled it. I think I will reserve that as a family one for when the children are older and put a bible verse in each day to read.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!