FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Split stay/rooms question.

Daughter/Husband and 2 little ones arrive one day earlier than us and staying at Polynesian. Planner will be booked their FP, etc.
We arrive one day after them and stay at Disney Springs Doubletree. We can get 60 day FP since that is a Disney Springs area hotel, but start reserving a day later.

Any ideas for us to get in on their FP schedule? We have not purchased tickets yet.

Split stay/rooms question.

Daughter/Husband and 2 little ones arrive one day earlier than us and staying at Polynesian. Planner will be booked their FP, etc.
We arrive one day after them and stay at Disney Springs Doubletree. We can get 60 day FP since that is a Disney Springs area hotel, but start reserving a day later.

Any ideas for us to get in on their FP schedule? We have not purchased tickets yet.
We had a similar situation except one member of our group was not staying at any resort, but just driving over for a day trip from Sebastian, Florida. Since He was part if our “ Friend and family” group in My Disney Experience and I was in charge of planning for him, I was able to make fast passes for him right at the time our 60 day window opened up. If you set up your My Disney Experience correctly, you should be able to make this work too. If, for some reason, this doesn’t work you can always modify to add people to existing fast passes, or at least try to get times that overlap fast pass times and go together.

Last edited:
So - when setting up My Disney Experience - you can add lots of people in - even more than the hotel room would normally hold? Assuming their planner will do this, that would be great. She wants us to book onsite with her - but I see no reason to. $167 a night at Doubletree Suites seems much better than expensive onsite.

So - when setting up My Disney Experience - you can add lots of people in - even more than the hotel room would normally hold? Assuming their planner will do this, that would be great. She wants us to book onsite with her - but I see no reason to. $167 a night at Doubletree Suites seems much better than expensive onsite.
Yes, you can add people to your My Disney Experience with no regard to how many will fit in a hotel room.

Note you do not add people to the hotel reservation. You make sure that everyone is included in Friends & Family list and has permission to plan together (and to see each other’s PhotoPass photos too). Everyone has to have tickets too of course. Then when the window opens the person booking FPs can book for everyone in the party, not just the ones in their hotel room.

We're going next month with extended family and all staying offsite together. I've started checking what's available at 30 days and same day (for an idea what we'll be able to get 30 days out and as 4th FP etc.), and I'm pretty surprised at all the FP not available the same day in the afternoon/evening. I've always gotten Haunted Mansion, Dinosaur, etc. easily in the afternoon as a 4th (or later) FP and they're gone pretty early on.

Apologies if this has been asked before..... but I can't use my normal strategy for an upcoming trip and could use some advice.

We are renting an RV to stay at FW. Everything is reserved. We chose to rent an RV because we will have our new pup with us, and don't want to leave him in a hotel room since he doesn't like to be confined to a crate. We figured we could leave him in his "home" and get to the parks for a few hours. We are trying to train him to travel with us. He's only 6.5 pounds :)

Normally, we would either buy APs or a tickets for our length of stay. BUT - this time we don't know how he will do and IF and how long we can leave him. So that leaves me with not buying tickets at all. Hence, no fastpasses either. That means that if we can get to the parks we have to wait to get on our favorite rides - if we can get on them at all. We are going early March.

I thought of buying a 3 day ticket and either upgrading if he does well, or use a day, but that has the potential of not being able to use 2 of the days and wasting a whole lot of money.

Is there any way at all to get fastpasses without buying tickets first?

Apologies if this has been asked before..... but I can't use my normal strategy for an upcoming trip and could use some advice.

We are renting an RV to stay at FW. Everything is reserved. We chose to rent an RV because we will have our new pup with us, and don't want to leave him in a hotel room since he doesn't like to be confined to a crate. We figured we could leave him in his "home" and get to the parks for a few hours. We are trying to train him to travel with us. He's only 6.5 pounds :)

Normally, we would either buy APs or a tickets for our length of stay. BUT - this time we don't know how he will do and IF and how long we can leave him. So that leaves me with not buying tickets at all. Hence, no fastpasses either. That means that if we can get to the parks we have to wait to get on our favorite rides - if we can get on them at all. We are going early March.

I thought of buying a 3 day ticket and either upgrading if he does well, or use a day, but that has the potential of not being able to use 2 of the days and wasting a whole lot of money.

Is there any way at all to get fastpasses without buying tickets first?

Requirements

Before FPs can be scheduled, the following two requirements must be met--there are no exceptions. Note that an onsite room reservation at a Disney-owned hotel is not required, but does determine how far in advance FPs can be scheduled (see here in Booking Windows).
  • A guest must have or be listed on an account created in My Disney Experience (abbreviated MDX) using a valid email address, and
  • A guest must have valid ticket media linked to their name on this account. In most situations, ticket vouchers (including those for Annual Passes) can be linked as well as tickets from third-party resellers such as Undercover Tourist.
Once the MDX account is created, anyone named on the account with tickets attached to them can have scheduled FPs.

When my FP time comes up in April, unfortunately it's on a weekday. :( I'm a teacher and because I live so far away from the school I work at, I'll be on the road at 6am my time when the 7am FP window opens. I'll probably be able to do it around 6:45 my time once I arrive at school. I'll have about 30 minutes before the students arrive to do the best I can. Has anyone booked after 7am on their FP day and had success as those who are right there ready and waiting? Thanks for any input. :thanks:

When my FP time comes up in April, unfortunately it's on a weekday. :( I'm a teacher and because I live so far away from the school I work at, I'll be on the road at 6am my time when the 7am FP window opens. I'll probably be able to do it around 6:45 my time once I arrive at school. I'll have about 30 minutes before the students arrive to do the best I can. Has anyone booked after 7am on their FP day and had success as those who are right there ready and waiting? Thanks for any input. :thanks:

I have - the 7 am window is 6 am where I am too, and I just don't get up that early anymore (I'm retired!). This past October and again in December we stayed offsite, so we only had a 30-day window and had to book day by day. However, I was able to get everything we wanted - including FoP, SDD and SDMT - if not immediately then by checking whenever I could. In October I didn't think I was going to get FoP at all, but suddenly when we were at our resort it popped up for the next day and the day after. We didn't get SDD when booking for October, but we booked EMM so I stopped checking, and I was able to get it for December.

We'll be onsite later this month, so I had a 60-day window, and it was much easier! Didn't try for FoP until later in our trip but was able to book it more than once.

So don't worry - you'll be fine, especially if you have a 60-day window. If at first you don't get what you want, keep trying whenever you can, even when you're already at WDW.

I have - the 7 am window is 6 am where I am too, and I just don't get up that early anymore (I'm retired!). This past October and again in December we stayed offsite, so we only had a 30-day window and had to book day by day. However, I was able to get everything we wanted - including FoP, SDD and SDMT - if not immediately then by checking whenever I could. In October I didn't think I was going to get FoP at all, but suddenly when we were at our resort it popped up for the next day and the day after. We didn't get SDD when booking for October, but we booked EMM so I stopped checking, and I was able to get it for December.

We'll be onsite later this month, so I had a 60-day window, and it was much easier! Didn't try for FoP until later in our trip but was able to book it more than once.

So don't worry - you'll be fine, especially if you have a 60-day window. If at first you don't get what you want, keep trying whenever you can, even when you're already at WDW.

Thank you so much for the reassurance! I will have a 60 day window. Son chose to stay at All Star Sports as my countdown timer says below! :cool1: The only BIG ones I'm looking for are 7DMT and TT. Of course I know that TT is much easier than Mine Train. EPCOT will be day 2 and MK will be 1 and 3. AK is 0 but for there I'm only looking for Kali River, Kilimanjaro, Expedition Everest, and the Character Greet. We're also not going to be in AK till around 1 and will probably stay till around 5 or 6, so I think we'll be fine on that day. I forget the FP works that way. Your first day is considered 0 on FP, your second day is considered 1, etc., etc.

April won't get here fast enough! Thanks again! :jumping1:

The Top Ten Threads of 2018 have been announced and CONGRATS to @mesaboy2 for once again having the #1 most discussed, and extremely helpful, Thread! :cheer2:

https://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-world/top-ten-threads-in-2018-on-disboards-com/
Am I being really dense or are some of these “top threads” not from 2018? A chicken thread from 2009? A zombie thread on driving routes from 2010 that had 1 response the whole year? A 2016 thread on Hallmark movies? Very confused reading that article...LOL.

Am I being really dense or are some of these “top threads” not from 2018? A chicken thread from 2009? A zombie thread on driving routes from 2010 that had 1 response the whole year? A 2016 thread on Hallmark movies? Very confused reading that article...LOL.
The only threads of value on the list were the 4 TPAS threads. ;)

I have a question about how to increase our chances of getting Fast Passes for our top attractions for an extremely busy week at WDW. We booked a short stay at the Boardwalk, so I don't have as much wiggle room as I do on our normal week long trips. We are visiting for three days during the week before Easter and the crowd levels look higher than we have ever experienced (I think when I last checked touring plans was predicting 9/10 on most days that week). My question is on the morning I book FP should I plan on our top choices for FPs at the end of our stay in hopes there are still FP available and start with the third day and work backwards (does that make sense)?
We have not experienced the new Toy Story area at HS so our top FP choice is Slinky Dog Dash, so my plan was to make our third day our HS day. Our next top FP choice is Flight of Passage at AK so I figured make AK the park we visit on our second day. Our first day we have an ADR at BOG and are hoping for a Mine Train FP, but won't be too upset if that doesn't happen.
Traveling party is 2 adults and a 10 and 7 year old.

I have a question about how to increase our chances of getting Fast Passes for our top attractions for an extremely busy week at WDW. We booked a short stay at the Boardwalk, so I don't have as much wiggle room as I do on our normal week long trips. We are visiting for three days during the week before Easter and the crowd levels look higher than we have ever experienced (I think when I last checked touring plans was predicting 9/10 on most days that week). My question is on the morning I book FP should I plan on our top choices for FPs at the end of our stay in hopes there are still FP available and start with the third day and work backwards (does that make sense)?
We have not experienced the new Toy Story area at HS so our top FP choice is Slinky Dog Dash, so my plan was to make our third day our HS day. Our next top FP choice is Flight of Passage at AK so I figured make AK the park we visit on our second day. Our first day we have an ADR at BOG and are hoping for a Mine Train FP, but won't be too upset if that doesn't happen.
Traveling party is 2 adults and a 10 and 7 year old.
Don’t book according to Day, book according to your highest priority ride then move on to the next high priority ride.

Book SDD first then move on.

Okay, I may have seen the answer to this in prior postings, but I want to make sure.

My mom and I are going to WDW in 60 days (woo!). The thing is that my mom is not a roller coaster/thrill ride person. I plan to use single rider for the few rides I can, but I wanted to get FP for the ones that don't have SR and will have longer lines. So for instance, I booked both of us a FP for ToT. Is there a way that I can use her FP and ride it twice? Or should she just tap her MB and throw it away??

Thanks!! I'm used to DLR which is not nearly as complicated on FPs. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!